1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Citizen

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Mikuji, Oct 10, 2012.

1. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I'll be that guy!

Honestly who cares about all the other features when you don't have a functional game?

RSI Said Support for Server Meshing development has been highlighted as high priority across all involved teams. As a result, Server Meshing support work was prioritized and scheduled for Q2

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...orum/3/thread/roadmap-roundup-april-17th-2020

I would much rather they complete the needed feature to make the MMO work as intended rather then completing a bunch of other features that don't really matter if they can't get server meshing to work.

Obviously Chris Roberts poorly manages his team which results in delays, but the best option for a while has been to stop implementing extra features and work on proving that his original vision is even theoretically possible with their current engine.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  2. Sledge

Sledge Member

Original game pitch

3. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Without fail.

But if they decide to do something else, you'll switch to agreeing with that instead. You always agree with whatever they're currently doing.

Critics of Star Citizen have been saying this for literally years, and we've been repeatedly bashed for it.

Sankari likes this.
  4. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Since the kickstarter I've said that the entire special element of the game is a space MMO thats full of thousands of players in a seamless universe.

Without that they are nothing, its always been that way and I've always spoken about server meshing.

5. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

I forgot i have this game, 3.9 out yet? Doesn't matter it won't be semi decent till 7.0 anyway ;)
    Sorry, used to be a fan but every time i try to play it's either boring or broken. I will give them this, it is beautiful to look at and the vastness is awe inspiring.

GumbyNoTalent and Fortigurn like this.
  6. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Yes Men Edition.

miicah, Sankari, Fortigurn and 2 others like this.
  7. Coma White

Coma White Member

So you're telling me there's a chance Malibu Stacey is finally going to get a new hat...?

miicah, Sankari, qwertylesh and 2 others like this.
  8. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

LOL how can it be a 3.9 release! 1.0 would be the full game release, anything else is a "alpha" pre release at best.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softw..._and_cultural_significance_of_version_numbers

9. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

10. bart5986

bart5986 Member

1.0 implies its finished.

I guess in this case, for whatever reason, its "alpha 3.9", and you would hope (but who knows) that when its released its just 1.0, rather then 15.0

Nethiuz likes this.
  11. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Years ago I said they weren't going to get a 1.0 version out before 2020, and they're not even close.

Now I'm thinking 2023.

Sankari likes this.
  12. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

New moon out in 3.9.
    What in the crap is with these garbage repeating textures covering the entire planets frozen ocean? Poor form!

Why does this dumb forum code refuse to let me post link with specific time?
    You need 23:53

Edit: It is pissing me off right now, nothing i can do can stop the forum hijacking the link and changing it so it plays video from start.

CLICK HERE! - Only way i can get it to link to correct time, unfortunately no embed.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
    Fortigurn and Sankari like this.
  13. Sankari

Sankari Member

October 2012:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

macktheknife likes this.
  14. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

wtf is that character at the start. Looks like a retarded vulcan. :lol::lol::lol:

Those textures are awful, reminds me of what a lot of older games had to do to show large water textures.

Nethiuz and Sankari like this.
  15. Sankari

Sankari Member

It's about on a par with Warcraft II. Dat pop-in, tho.

:wired: :Paranoid:

macktheknife and Nethiuz like this.
  16. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

That video was incredibly boring. I don't know why they're showcasing a whole lot of SFA.

One thing that bugged me aside from all the graphical and physics glitches was when he landed the ship on an angle at about 15mins but wasn't walking "upright" inside the ship. How is the transition in player angle handled moving out of the ship? Is it explained by ship gravity devices or just an issue with how they've made containers? When he enters the ship it just seems to rotate him once he enters the container.. that must look dodgy AF from the perspective of another player.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    Nethiuz likes this.
  17. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

That's BoredGamer, a long term Star Citizen backer and fanboi. He tries to make every update and piece of news sound positive, even if he has to spin it sideways to do so. When SC removed its much touted "realistic" flight model and announced they were finally going with a simpler version with a far more basic set of features, he assured people that this was much better because the previous flight model was more complicated than SC needed. Funny how neither he nor any of the other SC fanbois was saying that before the change.

18. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

I miss that original flight model :( losing control of yourself and going out of bounds in AC was pretty funny and frustrating, but the thuster manouvers you could pull off once mastered...epic dogfight moments

Fortigurn likes this.
  19. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Well I guess it wasn't going to be sufficiently "accessible" to a broad audience, so they dumbed it down.

20. sparz14

sparz14 Member

Not sure what you're complaining about regarding flight model. No idea what you're trying to prove with that link. Depends what ship your flying and whether it's in space or atmosphere, they handle very differently. That video is of 2x Arrows fighting... They are one of the most agile fighters in the game.... and they still drift. Try flying anything more than a light fighter and you'll see the flight model is still more complicated than any other game out there. Hell, I've had the game for 3.5 years and the amount of deaths i've had from flying into mountains/asteroids etc because you lose control of the ship surely shows you need skills and experience with ships to use them properly.

Come back when you've mastered decoupled flight mode and using fixed weapons. There is also G-safe and ESP modes. Turn em off and enjoy. Alot of ppl don't know about these

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020