Star Citizen

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Mikuji, Oct 10, 2012.

1. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

WTF software roadmap... so no one at RSI has done software development before, because this is hilarious, FFS pick one of the many cloud based project management systems available today, and start should take 1 meeting to organize you road map and epics, just take your original Kickstarter pitch BAM roadmap epics done.

2. sparz14

sparz14 Member

Downloaded the latest patch today..... it's sooo pretty. Draw distance is increased, so you can definitely see things much further away. Many good changes came out of this patch!

3. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Completely untrustworthy man with a litany of broken promises, assures supporters "the gameplay I described is not a pipe dream", while adding "I can’t promise you exactly what quarter it will come together".

Pushing back on criticism from people who have given him money, Roberts predictably threw them under the bus, blaming them for being unreasonably cynical.

Some supporters were not impressed.

Incredibly, Roberts himself identified a key flaw in Star Citizen's development process, without ever addressing it.

Talk about a total lack of self-awareness.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    qwertylesh likes this.
  4. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

I seen his post, i don't want to bash the poor man anymore than he gets, it sounded good, he genuinely wants it to be good.
    But clearly the man has bit off more than he can chew and had no fucking idea how long things take.

Fortigurn likes this.
  5. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

That is absolutely the point. He complains about people saying he's incompetent, while saying "it just took longer and had more problems than the team thought it would when they originally set out to build it".

He doesn't seem to realize that when everything keeps taking longer and having more problems than the team thought it would when they originally set out to build it, when they miss every release deadline, virtually every major production deadline, and when even their patches are regularly delayed and stripped of features and content they couldn't implement in time, then it's clear that management is indeed incompetent.

6. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Come on now, you can't be attacking the genius himself like that. Bart will be over any minute to defend him.

And just in case that's sarcasm, I think he is a scam artist.

hlokk and Fortigurn like this.
  7. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

What quarter? I think I can speak for most of the community when I say we will be happy if he could let us know what decade it will come together.

8. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Fully agree, it's been long enough he should stop bullshiting.

Fortigurn likes this.
  9. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

We still in "early alpha" boys..

[​IMG]

Nethiuz and Fortigurn like this.
  10. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

Wow, he really went there.

Star Citizen: <is still in early alpha after eight years>
    Roberts: Pretty impressive for an early alpha.

Talk about spin.

FerrisXB9R and DeejW like this.
  11. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

I'll repost this articulate broadside response from another forum:

"With his recent forum responses to disillusioned backers, Chris Roberts has once again reminded us that we are watching a master at work. His deft combination of deflections, excuses, recriminations, and not so subtle gaslighting was perfectly tailored to his audience and customer base.. He scolded them for their doubts, and reminded them that he is still fighting for the dream that they all share. The delays, the miscommunication, and the incompetence aren't signs that the project is failing but that it is succeeding - succeeding in its unflagging and uncompromising pursuit of the dream. What that dream is nobody can quite agree on, and nobody will ever agree on, which is what makes it so very persuasive and captivating. And with only a few paragraphs of rambling text Chris Roberts brought the dream, rather than the delays, back to center stage in the backer's minds."

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Fortigurn likes this.
  12. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

I said to my brother when we seen his post, "I bet in 10 years we will be saying hey have you seen what's in the Alpha 13.2 patch?"

Fortigurn likes this.
  13. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Free fly event on at the moment. I was out for the day so let the 50gb download happen, what the hell, it's only hdd space. I got to wake up in a $50 hotel room, get griped at by nag screens that I wasn't dressed properly without any hint on what I should do about it.. Fumble my way to a train station and eventually end up at a space port, where the game crashed when I tried and failed to summon a ship.

Seems great so far with a game that has... wait how many years development under it?

heller44, qwertylesh and Fortigurn like this.
  14. hlokk

hlokk Member

Simultaneously not enough and too many.

EvilGenius likes this.
  15. Franc

Franc Member

So is this a game now?

Or is it still a tech demo?

I mean ED has been out for years now.

Sphinx2000 and Fortigurn like this.
  16. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

How dare people be cynical that a game which has taken in $360 million dollars and spent 10 years in development still hasn't left "early alpha".

qwertylesh, Sphinx2000 and Fortigurn like this.
  17. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

18. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

So it's probably safe to assume we won't be getting the S42 beta this quarter as promised?

19. WRC

WRC Member

Steady on. Man's got a roadmap to roadmap first. Sheesh.

macktheknife likes this.
  20. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

It was meant to be feature complete before they started revising the roadmap. Oh well.