Star Citizen

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Mikuji, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Coma White

Coma White Member

Just waiting for Bart to reappear and continue to try and defend this shit fest.

Fortigurn likes this.
  2. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Surprise!

But really I continue to not wait for this game to come out, I'll start paying more attention at the end of 2021/2022.

3. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Just in time for The 15th round of funding and alpha 0.003

Spyder6052 and Sankari like this.
  4. Sankari

Sankari Member

Classic Star Citizen. Never gets old.

it will never get old because it will never be released...

mesaoz likes this.
  5. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

You defend old mate using this money to be yachts no end because of his vision... Bla bla bla. And you believe this will be the greatest game ever made once it is released.

So in all seriousness at what point will you acknowledge this as a failure? 2025 when it's still in alpha? 2030?

Fortigurn and Sankari like this.
  6. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I still maintain that the game doesn't meet the criteria to be classified as alpha software since it isn't feature complete and is still being actively 'designed'.

pre-alpha for sure

supposedly the "alpha" started in 2015... yet here we are with an incomplete product

Sankari likes this.
  7. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I have no need to jump to conclusions because I have not invested thousands of dollars unlike some people here. I don't think you need to get too emotional or defensive about it.

A seamless open world Space MMO is what I want, the only two games, both of which are unfinished that "nearly" do this are Star Citizen and Duel Universe.

Some people here appear to react very emotionally to this game being delayed, probably because of all the money they have invested, which is unfortunate.

I didn't fall for that during the kickstarter :lol:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  8. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning#Designating_development_stage

There is no stage prior to alpha.

9. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  10. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

Mate the only people who get "boo hoo" in this thread is you when others have suggested that RSI is just scamming moneys from fanbois for a product they cant deliver because they have already milked it from their lifestyle improvements. Only history will show who is right, but for Roberts it certainly looks like history repeating itself, so unless someone else steps into finish the product it will never be delivered.

Fortigurn and Sankari like this.
  11. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

IMO releasing any code to the public makes it "Alpha" as per your wiki page.

mesaoz likes this.
  12. bart5986

bart5986 Member

If all I have to do to be right is have Star Citizen not being scam, that seems pretty easy to win in my opinion. My hope for the game is for it to be more then that.

I've said probably 300 times in this thread alone that the main barrier to release in my opinion is the technology around the seamless open world universe, which is the entire reason I'm interested to begin with.

Dual Universe also has interesting unproven tech as well.

But I'm not waiting around for it or investing money into their various packages.

13. zbone

zbone Member

Alpha is not a complete product. Never was. Alpha is where you prove the tech foundation works, beta is when you have content in it and test for bugs against set scope. I am not sure if this classification applies to modern gaming industry "agile approach" to be honest, when you have a complete product every sprint.

Sphinx2000 and mesaoz like this.
  14. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

if its going to take you 3+ years to get the game out of alpha, maybe you shouldn't be allowed to charge more than 50 bux for the game. There is zero, i repeat ZERO incentive for a game company to improve the game, or even follow their own roadmap if 5,000 people are willing to pay 50+ bux for it when its in such a bad state, and if the rust dev team survived in alpha, charging 10 bux for the game, for almost 10 years, im sure any other devs can do the same, unless of course they want to buy a 50 million dollar boat.

Frag, Fortigurn and Sankari like this.
  15. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

That is not actually what he said. Star Citizen can scam people without ever being a game, and it can scam people even if it is finally released and becomes the greatest game ever. In the view of many people (myself included), it has already scammed many backers of out their money, and it's continuing to do so. As for emotion, you've been one of the most emotionally expressive supporters of this game, fanatically defending your view of it even when this has required you to contradict outright what the company itself says, even to the point of you claiming they're lying. That's how emotional you've been about it.

Sankari likes this.
  16. Murmandamus

Murmandamus Member

You're just as fanatical as bart, only from the other side of the fence.

17. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

I dunno, I think it's just calling bullshit when he sees it.

Fortigurn likes this.
  18. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

The game is not a scam, it's a long running meal ticket.
    When is it going to be finished?.. When it's finished! Just keep paying our big salaries..

Meanwhile, Elevator Panels update is still not done yet... You can't rush perfection.

[​IMG]

Sankari and macktheknife like this.
  19. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

How is "death animation improvement" not something that could be done in a few hours by any numpty in a mo-cap suit?

Sankari likes this.
  20. RamboKazoo

RamboKazoo Member

It can, But for a low low price of 1.4 million dollars.

Sankari likes this.