Star Citizen

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Mikuji, Oct 10, 2012.

1. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I brought up duke as a future prediction, not as a current truth :)

Give it another 10 years

2. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Man, hate to be off-topic, but do people still actually think calling out someone's reading and writing skills is a strong move? It's like the new mum joke or something.

Whack.

Fortigurn likes this.
  3. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

When it comes to arguments, bart couldn't hit a bull in the arse with a bass fiddle, so he just aims wildly for things to swing at. He's not a contender, he just likes being on the field.

On topic, wake me in 2030 when they've topped a billion in jpg sales without releasing a game.

Fortigurn and Sankari like this.
  4. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Was it meant to be an insult? It was either so weak sauce that it didn't register at all, or I really am that dumb.

Fortigurn likes this.
  5. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Yeah the one in the corner licking the goal post.

OMG, the stupid it hurts. I seriously don't know you do guys do it. That last page was enough for me never to press the "show ignored content" button again in this thread.

Sankari and Fortigurn like this.
  6. Nian

Nian Member

Could be worse. Could have this...

Attached Files:

7. hlokk

hlokk Member

You mean “more of a disaster”

Finally something we can agree on :thumbup:

Fortigurn likes this.
  8. Gunna

Gunna Member

Holy shit, I heard about this game when it was announced and was looking forward to it. This thing will never get released if this article from 2019 is correct:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...t-may-never-be-ready-to-play/?sh=433b9e975ac9

from $288 mill to $14 million and all you have is 12 bodies in space and some ships..............jebus it's doomed

9. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

You forgot the part where they have no support for it being an MMO yet.

10. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Has he fulfilled any of his promises?

11. Fortigurn

Fortigurn Member

You're trying to claim it's true and not true simultaneously.

Indeed. I've covered most of them in this thread.

No. As you've been told several times, Roberts' claim is not the only public information available. This is what we have.

1. Knowledge of the amount of time and resources such a change would typically take.
    2. A claim by Roberts supported by no evidence whatsoever.
    3. Roberts has a well established track record for being highly unreliable, making hyperbolic statements, and making statements which are flat out untrue.

This is not a matter of me wanting the facts to be something else. This is a matter of you wanting Roberts to be right, despite the fact that there's no evidence he's right, and despite the fact that he has a record of being highly unreliable.

Sankari and qwertylesh like this.
  12. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Maybe he's referring to 'Alternative Facts' ?

Fortigurn likes this.
  13. bart5986

bart5986 Member

1. Wrong, you can't have knowledge of the amount of time and resources of something when you don't actually know what work needs to be done.

This is especially true as the engine is CryEngine, not Unity/Unreal etc where you could perform some guesswork, which would likely still be completely wrong.

A smart person would not make statements about what is going on at a company without any information available about that topic.

2. A claim by Roberts is still better then some random guy on the Internet who has absolutely no knowledge of what is going on at RSI.

3. Which is still more reliable then some random guy on the internet who has absolutely no knowledge of what is going on at RSI.

There is a huge difference between having opposing opinions on a topic and claiming you know more about a companies situation then the public information that is available and then passing that information as fact.

I hope you realise how ridiculous that is.

The available information is what we have, Chris Robert's history does not specifically change that information to be able to make a factual statement that Y happened instead of X.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
  14. Gunna

Gunna Member

Is it though?

I mean at this point anything coming out of that company in terms of statements or deadlines needs to be taken lightly. it would seem the claims made by Roberts in terms of deadlines, dates and facts dont hold much weight, They always seem to over promise and under deliver. Why would it be any different in regards to their game engine?

The proof is in the pudding so to speak, after 8 years what have they got to show for it expect for a long list of expendature and a lot of ships?

Fortigurn and qwertylesh like this.
  15. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I think you are confusing two different elements.

We knew before Star Citizen that Chris Roberts would likely not complete the game on time and that he likes to increase scope. He has so far proved that 100% true. Nobody should be surprised, his last game had to be taken off him so he would just complete it instead of expanding it.

However you are implying that this means that Chris Roberts is lying, which we have no evidence of right now.

Even if we go along with the likely people who are going to say it was a big ship jpeg scam from the beginning, someone lying about something does mean someone else can come and say *this is exactly what happened* simply based on the fact that a lie was told without any actual knowledge of what happened.

In other words:
    Scenario #1: the statement was true
    Scenario #2: nobody knows anything at all.

There is no room for "He's probably wrong so he's what really happened"

And there's certainly no room for anything along the lines of *I work in IT so I can officially comment on what really happened* Whats next, my dad works at Nintendo and he knows what really happened?

If it matters so much to find out what really happened, maybe you guys should get a job in investigative journalism, travel to the RSI building, interview devs in secret, etc etc. :thumbup:

16. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

You'd be hilarious in court.

Fortigurn, XanaTos and qwertylesh like this.
  17. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I wouldn't be going to court because I wasn't the schmuck who paid Chris Roberts $500 for some ship jpeg's :lol::lol::lol:

Even 9 years ago you didn't know how to do research :thumbup:

18. FerrisXB9R

FerrisXB9R Member

So... you're saying people who paid for jpeg are going to court? Is that what you're saying?

edit: I fucking LOVE that I've gotten so far under your skin you've gone through to look my history up. I'm flattered, I really am. What page did you find that info out on, could you let me know so I can dig up what I wrote 9 years ago?

Fortigurn likes this.
  19. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

This Bart bloke, blown away. 5/7, flawless.

Ferris, you know damn well he'd represent himself

Good luck Bart.

hlokk, Fortigurn and bart5986 like this.
  20. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Are you forgetting that I was in the thread and read your comment at the time you wrote it? :lol:

You aren't the only one to reveal what you've spent, as have I.