1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Citizen

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Mikuji, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Sledge

Sledge Member

I think I did it through the website, not KS...
    But removing an integral part of the pledge would give grounds for it

2. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

How sexy is the best in show paints, best year yet!
    mmmm Metallic Purple.

image.png

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    Sankari and Ck21 like this.
  3. Ck21

Ck21 Member

2 new toys to play with; now available with the 3.22 patch, and rejoice hoverbike users, they are now tagged as ground vehicles, so will not get shot at by bunker turrets!
    ScreenShot-2023-12-16_11-39-06-84B.jpg ScreenShot-2023-12-16_11-55-45-5B1.jpg ScreenShot-2023-12-16_11-55-53-765.jpg ScreenShot-2023-12-16_11-56-01-712.jpg ScreenShot-2023-12-16_12-00-38-0B5.jpg
    did a couple of bounty license missions to unlock upto MRT missions. the new Aopoa San'tok.yāi (universally called the STY everywhere, not to be confused with the greycat STV) is pretty crappy in my books; its a HUGE target which makes it very hard not to get hit, kills all the light/medium fighters pretty well, except the 325A for some reason can take quite a bit of damage now, must of been buffed quite substantially recently. the ambient sound gets annoying very quickly, has SFA quantum range, but looks great while in quantum. Will use it as a CCU token on my way up to a second arrasta i reckon.

the Aegis reclaimer/Drake Vulture got updated with salvage T1 mechanics, which means the reclaimers claw got redesigned much to everyone's dismay, no longer is it a physical grab and tear claw, its now a beam emitter that disintegrates ships into little pieces. Love it or hate it, i think its the better option over the claw, using the claw to like hydraulic cutters and then feeding it into the reclaimer bit by bit would of gotten old real quick, beam emitters gives a cool shimmer around the target, before being turned into sand like particles that then get hoovered up like a vacuum cleaner, ends up being cleaner with no debris left behind to damage the ship when your ready to leave.

Nethiuz likes this.
  4. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Well Replication Layer is in, the start of server meshing, we no longer lose progress on a server crash! But my lord 3.23 is a new game!
    So much depth in this thing, it's crazy.

5. Ck21

Ck21 Member

Done a ERT, and the 890j dropped 4.5m worth of cargo on the ground, im in my retaliator (torpedo bomber), so cant carry any of it.

been advertising for an hour in chat, asking to hire a pilot/cargo ship and offered 500k for a 15min job, got no takers.....

ScreenShot-2024-03-31_14-59-16-3F6.jpg ScreenShot-2024-03-31_14-55-58-EA9.jpg

4.5million!!!!!! arrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

6. Zee

Zee Member

Whilst this is true, I think it was for the worst. Anyone that plays/ed E: D regularly knows all the crsp this introduced with the background sim, especially for those that were seriously in to working with factions or powers.

They, of course, had a perfect system for dealing with ganking, introduced tot he original game in about 1984, where systems had various security levels based on the politics of the system, and would have been an excellent risk/reward system for the modern game. alas...

At this stage, I have little hope for SC ever actually being aproper game, but maybe I'll be surprised, and one day it'll actually make it to the point of being a legitimate release. That would be a nice surprise, as this looks totally up my alley.

Z...

7. Ck21

Ck21 Member

well, flew the tali back to the city, swapped out for my massive crusader M2 Hercules Starlifter (armored cargo carrier) and found the spot and loaded everything up, and headed over to sell the loot, not quite the 4.5million i was expecting, but 3.65million, close enough lol :p, more money in the loot then what i got paid for the mission (25k for Extreme-risk-target bounty), so was worth going back for the cargo. yesterday i had 2.6m, today i have 16.5m :leet::thumbup:

ScreenShot-2024-03-31_16-58-08-825.jpg ScreenShot-2024-03-31_16-59-40-C31.jpg ScreenShot-2024-03-31_16-59-52-EB5.jpg

Agent Orange and Agg like this.
  8. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

should probably hop back in for another look soon, i fired it up other day but got shitty trying to suss out controls with my T16000 FCS setup and bailed haha. plus NMS latest update totally sucked me back in there again

9. diji

diji Member

So what is the extent of the actual game bit these days? Last time I played it still felt very much like a tech demo. There was nominally missions to do but it was the the generic fetch quests/kill rats kind of thing. So while it was cool to fly around in space and transition to atmospheric flight (which is less impressive now that multiple games have done it), there wasn't much to hook me. Basically, it had the same problem as Elite Dangerous - repetitive activities that you do solely to buy a better ship so that you can repeat the activities more efficiently. In other words, you did the activities so that you had to devote less time to doing the activities, which is funny when a game is supposed to provide entertainment.

10. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

to be honest, i dont think much has changed. as has been said plenty, I and few others here are more keen on whenever SQ42 comes out so im not super invested in the PU, i love Arena Commander but yeah I had some issues getting my HOTAS working properly and got shitty

I also was not in the right frame of mind to enter the PU after been away for so long, the time it was taking me to remember and re-learn things i just gave up. not saying thats necessarily the games fault but yeah, need to go back for a closer look soon

diji likes this.
  11. diji

diji Member

Yeah Squadron 42 is the only thing I'm really looking forward to. When I first bought the game it was billed as having the Freelancer style of multiplayer, where you could just host your own server to play co-op if you wanted to. Once it morphed into an MMO I pretty much checked out and now I'm just hoping S42 is actually good.

NismoR31 and gtarmanrob like this.
  12. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

the "Wing Commander-esque" promised campaign sold me, the MP follow on sounded cool. i originally backed on kickstarter with a physical edition pledge and signed collector's box... sold that long time ago haha fk knows if/when would actually get to see that

diji likes this.
  13. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

SQ42 is what I was pitched and backed. When they changed the focus to MMO shit I lost all hope of ever seeing a game. Krusty is coming.

Sledge, macktheknife and Urbansprawl like this.
  14. ashenIC

ashenIC Member

Been posted, one page back.

RnR likes this.
  15. Ck21

Ck21 Member

getting bored again.

I managed to grind up enough ingame currency to buy a reclaimer (i have 2 in pledge buybacks, but means melting something and using credit to buy it back) for a whopping 15.1m auec. You can make soooo much money with salvage this patch, reclaimers are basically currency printers. Risky hammerhead salvage missions pay you 250k to get rid of the evidence from a fight, you show up, fracture and harvest the ship, get paid and the materials are yours to sell for profit. A hammerhead is worth 955k-1.1m depending on a few factors. This mission is repeatable, back to back as many times as you like *wink wink nudge nudge*....

the reclaimer is a HUGE ship, able to hold alot of cargo, i managed to fill the cargo hold with over 130 2scu boxes, and then the salvage hold full of 8scu containers (i think about 36 in total, its easier dropping 8scu containers down the chute, and does less damage the trying to get a 16scu container down there) and the processing room held about 60 something 16scu containers. One entire ship load managed to sell nearly 10million, but forgot to screenshot. Below is a couple of screenshots with me experimenting with how much cargo i should stack per run, in order to maximise $/hr figure, im getting about a constant average of 4.8 to 5.8m per load in about 1hr40mins ~ish.... where it took nearly 7hours to fill every nook and cranny for the 10mill load lol..... you can now see why im getting bored again.

ScreenShot-2024-04-07_18-21-45-658.jpg ScreenShot-2024-04-10_21-55-04-82E.jpg ScreenShot-2024-04-11_19-18-48-22A.jpg ScreenShot-2024-04-13_23-26-26-11D.jpg

yesterday i gave away 10 lots of 1.2million, so 10 lucky people could buy a Drake Vulture with ingame currency and get a entry level start into salvage, and start earning themselves some serious bank.... hence why you see my total funds in the right hand corner of the screen go up and down between pic's.

today i showed someone with a vulture how to solo a reclaimer, and gave them half of my profit for that load which was a tad over 6million, or 3,152,000 for their time helping me stack boxes. I crashed to desktop during the play session, and they didnt make off with my ship, which was nice to see, so rewarded them with half the profits.