1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (Respawn Entertainment)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Sphinx, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

[​IMG]

Description

A galaxy-spanning adventure awaits in STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order, a new 3rd person action-adventure title from Respawn Entertainment. This narratively-driven single player game puts you in the role of a Jedi Padawan who narrowly escaped the purge of Order 66 following the events of Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. On a quest to rebuild the Jedi Order, you must pick up the pieces of your shattered past to complete your training, develop new powerful Force abilities, and master the art of the iconic lightsaber - all while staying one step ahead of the Empire and its deadly Inquisitors.

While mastering your abilities, players will engage in cinematically-charged lightsaber and Force combat designed to deliver the kind of intense STAR WARS lightsaber battles as seen in the films. Players will need to approach enemies strategically, sizing up strengths and weaknesses while cleverly utilizing your Jedi training to overcome your opponents and solve the mysteries that lay in your path. STAR WARS fans will recognize iconic locations, weapons, gear, and enemies while also meeting a roster of fresh characters, locations, creatures, droids and adversaries new to STAR WARS.

As part of this authentic STAR WARS story, fans will delve into a galaxy recently seized by the Empire. As a Jedi hero-turned-fugitive, players will need to fight for survival while exploring the mysteries of a long-extinct civilization all in an effort to rebuild the remnants of the Jedi Order as the Empire seeks to erase the Jedi completely.

KEY FEATURES

● Cinematic, Immersive Combat – Jedi: Fallen Order delivers the fantasy of becoming a Jedi through its innovative lightsaber combat system – striking, parrying, dodging - partnered with a suite of powerful Force abilities you’ll need to leverage to overcome obstacles that stand in your way. This combat system is intuitive to pick up, but takes training and practice to fully master its nuances as you gain new powers and abilities along your adventure.

● A New Jedi Story Begins - As a former Padawan on the run from the Empire, you must complete your training before Imperial Inquisitors discover your plan to revive the Jedi Order. Aided by a former Jedi Knight, a cantankerous pilot, and a fearless droid, you must escape the evil machinations of the Empire in a story-driven adventure. Explore and overcome a wide range of challenges focused on combat, exploration, and puzzle-solving.

● The Galaxy Awaits - Ancient forests, windswept rock faces, and haunted jungles are all unique biomes you’ll explore in Jedi: Fallen Order, with the freedom to decide when and where you go next. As you unlock new powers and abilities, opportunities open up to re-traverse maps in new ways; leveraging the Force to augment the way you explore. Move quickly, however, as the Empire is actively hunting your every step in their effort to exterminate all remnants of the Jedi Order.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    nope, fredhoon, tunksy and 2 others like this.
  2. Copie

Copie Member

Cant be any worse then the mess battlefront ended up being

3. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

My star wars wallets as empty as my Ea wallet. Fool me once...

ChinoPD, Sledge and Drizz06 like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Sphinx

Sphinx Member

This game will probably be primarily a single player action adventure game, like previous Jedi titles from the past.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    tunksy likes this.
  5. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I'm sure they won't repeat the loot crate incident.... right? ...... RIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHHTTTTTT?

Sanity_Smith likes this.
  6. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

But but its only cosmetics!!!!!!

Pinkeh likes this.
  7. xcessive303

xcessive303 Member

Chris Avellone working on this...sounds promising.

8. elcarter1

elcarter1 Member

They could re-use all work that went or was going to go into the additional battlefront 2 content before, well - lootgate 2018.

9. OP
    OP
    Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Nice idea, but this game is being made by Respawn (probably on their heavily modified Source Engine again?) and not DICE (on their Frostbite 3 engine).
    Titanfall 2's SP campaign was pretty decent, albeit pretty much on rails like Wolfenstein games and such.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  10. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Worst case is that EA doesn't give a damn about Titanfall.

11. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Meh no hype for this one until I get a good look at it been disappointed too much already.

12. jET_M@X

jET_M@X Member

Guess.respawn will just follow the apex model.of marketing. Underpromise and overdeliver.

nope likes this.
  13. havabeer

havabeer Member

EA Executive sends bulk email to all employees: "Execute order 66"
    EA programmer: sits up straight and begins installing the loot box code

CrazyDez likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  15. havabeer

havabeer Member

walker_2003 likes this.
  16. hvalac

hvalac Member

So far the story sounds better than episode 7 and 8 :lol:

17. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

I'm pretty sure if they add MTX later after saying it's not going to have them, you should technically be about to get a refund from ACCC law.

18. power

power Member

I will play the hell out of this if they can deliver. Respawn are doing their thing for EA without interference with Apex so I imagine they've got some rope. Also if you've played Titanfall 2 it had a great SP campaign.

I hope to remain positive until release.

19. bennyling

bennyling Member

This tweet sums up my thoughts on this issue nicely:

https://twitter.com/burgerdrome/status/1116985865702498304

Like, sure, BioWare probably wanted to work on their own new IP with Anthem and whatever, and I get that. But, hello, EA? BioWare has already established they can do Star Wars, surely they're the natural first choice?

Really makes me wonder how much pull the publishes have over what the studios work on.

EDIT: does XenForo not have smart embeds?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  20. rireland

rireland Member

Reminds me of force unleashed, hopefully they can deliver something more impressive than that title.