STAR WARS - The Old Republic (Please read first post!)

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Harper:ToV, Oct 23, 2008.

1. lblumer

lblumer Member

I know, I can believe that I missed so much of it, but all my emails from SWTOR had been going into my spam folder so I didn't find out until it was too late... :upset:

2. pantner

pantner Member

3. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

resubbed a couple days ago, havent played since nearish to launch (got 50 got top pvp gear then quit) Ive had a blast leveling to 60, forgot how much fun this game is and how good it is that you can basically play solo or like a traditional MMO.

Story line leveling is great, and can do world for more money if I want later.

4. r8response

r8response Member

One of the single best changes this patch. As a Jedi Guardian, I can piss Doc away and use other companions!

5. G2A_CeleronGuy

G2A_CeleronGuy Member

How is the lag for US Aussies on SWToR? Haven't played for 1.5 years :lol:

6. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

I was playing my assassin questing and flashpoints whilst netflix was on two other devices in house and it was fine.
    Haven't tried pvp yet though might be different.

7. r8response

r8response Member

The other day when I was on, it was around 180ms. The norm for West Coast US

8. Kore_5022

Kore_5022 Member

Does anyone know if i should do Ziost story line before starting fallen empire? I got a warning about starting fallen empire before completing other content but it didn't say if i was able to go back and finish off old content later on.

Keen to get into fallen empire im sitting at 63 after yavin 4.

9. Calindor

Calindor Member

One important thing to note about KotFE - it makes everything before it inaccessible.

So if you have any story you want to complete, do it before you launch Fallen Empire from the mission console on your starship. Once you do, there's no takesie-backsies.

It is also worth it, imo, to do Shadow of Revan and Ziost before starting Fallen Empire, as the extra commendations are always useful, letting you buy up the 208 gear with green commendations data crystals as soon as you hit 65.

Another tip for your original companions -
    don't spend up resources on companion gifts for your original companions. They go on an extended holiday and as at the end of Chapter IX, are still unavailable.

10. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

You can probably go back to zoist but a huge spoiler alert after having done kotfe

Zoist doesn't take long anyway.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  11. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Just reinstalling it again and looking forward to it after the let down from SWBF.

12. r8response

r8response Member

Started a new Sith Sorc

Hit lvl17 before I even stepped foot on Dromund Kaas :shock:

13. Shawry

Shawry Member

Getting the problem of having gear drop for me with no stats at all.
    Just soloing the tactical Black Talon and its a pain...apparently its a bug but its not getting reported a whole heap :(

14. Calindor

Calindor Member

Yeah, there's some visual bugs as well.

Did a pick up Eternity Vault run last night for shits and giggles, and the rocks between platforms for Gharj and Soa's falling platforms don't render until you actually look up.

The rocks/platforms are there and you can use them, but you don't see them for your client until you physically direct your character to look up - then you see the falling animation and the rocks/platforms are in place.

About done with the Star Fortress heroics, then comes either the commendations data crystal grind, or playing through the storyline on a Pub toon.

15. styrenic

styrenic Member

Back into this due to the SWTFA movie and trying some other class stories i haven't played before. They've changed companions and flashpoints so solo story content is too easy now. Might just be my low character level but hope it becomes more challenging.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  16. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

The low levels were never a challenge... even before they stripped out companion armour.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  17. Calindor

Calindor Member

The leveling and storyline missions are very straightforward now. Especially with the new companion changes.

Heroic 2 missions will be decent while leveling, and you'll likely still need a friend (and their companion) for the Heroic 4 missions.

I think they've made it a bit too easy for the solo content, but at least the content itself is pretty good.

4.1gb patch last night, and for whatever reason, the patch server is very slow.

18. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

Can this game be played with an xbox controller?

19. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

No...........

20. soulblade64

soulblade64 Member

It possibly could if you used a controller configuration tool to have the Xbox Controller behave like a keyboard and mouse.

However in saying that you likely couldn't play SWTOR very well with a controller as you'd very quickly run out of key assignments.