STAR WARS - The Old Republic (Please read first post!)

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by Harper:ToV, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Ballza

Ballza Member

2. windsok

windsok Member

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  3. dave_dave_dave

dave_dave_dave Member

Republic ftw!

4. perkz

perkz Member

Well, I was bored so I created us an OCAU guild.

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/49332/ocau

I really like what they're doing with this system. Your guild gets it's own forums and stuff right on the main TOR website.

5. dave_dave_dave

dave_dave_dave Member

Just applied to the guild. :lol:

6. Unframed

Unframed Member

I've been emailed heaps from the official site, you should find plenty there.

7. Straferight

Straferight Member

should have an OCAU sith guild as well [​IMG]

8. dave_dave_dave

dave_dave_dave Member

I think you might be able to join the guild as either side?

9. windsok

windsok Member

No, the guilds are single faction only.

The system does allow multiple guilds with the same name though, so nothing stopping someone creating a Sith OCAU guild.

Probably not a bad idea to set up a Sith OCAU guild as well, in the second phase of the guild setup program, you will be able to select rival and allied guilds, and they will try to make sure guilds which are allied or rivals end up on the same server.

So basically, having a OCAU guild for both factions, setup as rivals of each other would be a good way to make sure all OCAU guild players end up on the same server, regardless of which faction they choose.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  10. Straferight

Straferight Member

11. GaiLeDouche

GaiLeDouche (Banned or Deleted)

I'm going to do my usual wait a year before trying it and see if people are actually still playing it routine.

I think this will be another MMO that will burn out within 6 months. MMO players will go back to WOW. Casuals will get bored because servers are empty.

12. animate

animate Member

Shit yeah SWG was awesome, I remember the first time i got the game and got my awesome pod racer thing, and had to download all them updates on 56k until i finally convinced mum and dad to get adsl 256k, haha. Good times. only got level 42 then the game went shit with that new patch

13. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Kind of related.

Due to today being 'Star Wars Day', wikipedia hinted this for this year's celebration:

http://maythe4th.starwars.com/countdown.php

The quote is 'all will be revealed'.

I'm going to hazzard a guess that it'll be a/the announcement of SWTOR as it's dated for launch this year but no solid suggestion/confirmation of date.

14. Matt_NZ

Matt_NZ Member

Yeah, they were promoting that announcement all over the SWG forums as well (before SOE got hacked...) so I doubt it's anything to do with TOR :)

15. dcyloo

dcyloo Member

Neither.
    It's an announcement that the 6 movies are coming to Blu-Ray and they attached a little video with it.

16. Matt_NZ

Matt_NZ Member

Oh, I knew it wasn't anything to do with a game, I was just using the fact it was being promoted on the SWG forums to show that it wasn't TOR related :)

17. Adaris

Adaris Member

Really, really, REALLY looking forward to this.

From everything I've heard, they've basically taken the standard MMO model, looked at every little detail and improved on basically every one.

Some funnyish videos explaining the decision making behind some of the 'questionable' design choices.

This Daniel Erickson dude is actually pretty funny. :D

18. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

In other words "we have looked at all the competitors on the market, made attempts to integrate everyone's ideas, and come up with a game that incorporates an IP that we'll surely milk for a few years then move on to the next MMO that'll achieve, yet another successful annual report / forecast" - Bioware Executive Board.

Dont set your hopes too high... You're preparing for disappointment. Every MMORPG in the past has tried to claim the superior innovative advancement in gaming technology that has come before and failed miserably to meet the expectations of gamers.

I rather just let the hype slide, pick the games experienced players recommend and go with the flow. Ignore the marketing bullshit that advertising agencies spread on the internet.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  19. Stevros

Stevros Member

Yeah the marketing bullshit is all the same for every new game. Starts to make you sick after a while. These days you start to get the feeling like they must be trying to compensate for something when they carry on with how they are "changing the way you think/play mmos" and all the other generic bullshit they come up with.

20. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Agreed. I've seen almost every trailer... and the only remotely new thing for an mmo, is incoporating the SPRPG style dialogue. Everything else looks like a cheap knockoff of WoW in space.

I've pretty much given up on this one already... hangin out for GW2.