Starcraft 2 (Wiki in OP)

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by gruntLOL, Jul 26, 2010.

1. mtw

mtw Member

8-2 today in 1v1, so much easier picking a race lol, although I already knew that.

I was 32nd in Platinum... and after going 8-2 with a significant bonus pool, I'm now 74th. Go figure? Not that it means anything anyway. Also got my Solo 5 streak achievement.

Still looking for partners in 2/3/4s. I'm not too bad, couple of people on here can vouch that i'm not bad. Surely some more people are interested? So far it's just myself and Rudager lol

2. stringthis

stringthis Member

4 gate pushes its hard to find a time to expand, but i guess at any time you can just skip a cycle of units and put your expansion down while you are putting pressure on, then even if you don't win with the push you can still be ahead. I never 4 gate though so I'm not sure.

Lately I have been trying out some phoenix builds and often there is a good opportunity to expand while you are doing a bit of harass.

Against zerg i very often 2gate into forge expand or forge expand so getting an expo up is easy, sometimes i struggle to get my 3rd though, and that can be the most important, depends on the map.

I have a lot of trouble with PvP, it only gets worse as you get higher in diamond. Can never get an expansion down and constantly lose to crap like proxy 2 gates.

If you want any replays I'm pretty high in diamond with toss and play a whole lot of different builds if you want to get an idea of ways to play. Most players even around 1000 points are pretty forgiving though, i make big mistakes all the time and still manage to win plenty of games.

3. misc.

misc. Member

mmm just did a 7 win streak in solo, its my least played gametype...time to call it a night. Im in the gold league, but when i look at all the people im playing agianst that are 'matched evenly' they are in gold or one guy was even in silver that i was slightly favoured against?

i didnt do anything cheesy, i scouted a zerg going a late pool so made another gate 9this wasnt a proxy either)...then he called me a cheeser noob and 2 gate noobs dont get anywhere?!! haha

4. Randy_Chuggs

Randy_Chuggs (Banned or Deleted)

I've been getting killed tonight in 1v1's. One of them... I thought I was going blind when I saw it at the last second.

A PvP, and he had built 2 Pylons. One in my Mineral Line, the other behind it.

If there was an extremely angry face, I would've used it.

5. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Lol some guy tried to pull that cheesy shit with me earlier tonight but failed hard. The wanker needs to learn that it doesnt work with Terran because they can move their buildings.

So he tried to cannon rush me, i lifted up and set down on gold minerals as he destroyed my supply depots (he built cannons to reach them :rolleyes:). Then I built mass marines as fast as I could and went and rolled the nub. He tried building expansions all over the map but he had no cash to produce units. Once I destroyed one expansion he would build another so he didnt get time to gather minerals.

Then he proceeded to tell me how shit and crap I was :D

I only just realised why my battlecruisers have been getting raped late in the game. Totally been missing the upgrades to ship weapons and armour lol. Played a 45 min game just then with a Terran turtle, he went mass vikings (about 20 of them) and i rolled over him with about 6 fully upgraded battlecruisers lol. This was after he tried the MMM drop in my base.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  6. Revenger

Revenger Member

Yep its the install files like any install files you can move them around freely.

7. Carey

Carey Member

Ouch. Have been playing terribly the last few days, really struggling to keep my zerg expos online and safe from getting slaughtered by large armies... Ahh well, just doing enough to keep at to 10 gold division, hopefully something will click and will start winning a few again! I'm at 108 wins 100 losses.

8. LINUX

LINUX Member

Has anyone else experienced game destroying lag the last two days? It seems that towards the end game the lag becomes so bad that the game locks up, drop to about 1-3 seconds per frame. Unfortunately the game sim keeps running so in one frame you see the enemy and in the next one you're army is a red smear :(.

Is this just me? Because if it is it's time to hit the computer markets...

9. Hens

Hens Member

He could have beaten you if he expoed to your main with cannons to protect him and switched to unit production.

Good on you for keeping your composure. :thumbup:

10. Mikos

Mikos Member

I will be up for some XvX, but can't guarantee I will be online much. I will add you next time I'm online (probably tonight), feel free to add me too (train - ??? on the wiki). I'm high platinum protoss player (probably would be diamond if i played more -_-) but can kinda play zerg and terran (but prob at a gold or worse level).

Anyway playing in a good 3v3 or 4v4 organised team would be interesting to see how well we would go. I played a random 3v3 yesterday against an organised diamond ( :shock: ) team when I'm only gold in random 3v3. Checked the best dudes profile, he is diamond for everything.

Anyway will try to hit you up in game later.

11. Pengoz

Pengoz Member

Noticed JB online changed the price to $90.. I take it the new stock has arrived but DSE online still shows out of stock.

I guess the $69 price is gone now and it'll stay at $90 for the foreseeable future? Might just pay for a full copy via my battle.net account since I've already downloaded it with my trial key.

Hmm BigW has it listed for $75. Tho out of stock anywhere nearby. How they with getting in stock from other stores? Or maybe I could print out the website and take it to a JB Hifi and get th em to price match (if jb has stock)?

Hmm looks like GameDude has it in stock and for $79, guess I could get it during lunch on Monday.

12. mtw

mtw Member

Ok, I've added you Mikos :)

13. LINUX

LINUX Member

Anyone got any ideas for countering colossus/stalker as Zerg? I can post a replay of me getting thrashed by a rank 6 gold player if need be.

14. Comma

Comma Member

Corrupters + Brood Lords?

15. Randy_Chuggs

Randy_Chuggs (Banned or Deleted)

I hate vsing Brood Lords as Protoss. Their Brood things just make a wall, can't hit any actual units :upset:

16. ledhead900

ledhead900 Member

you should be able to download the installer on any pc run it, let it grab all the files it needs from the with blizzard updater then before installing copy it over to the pc U want to run the install on. I dont see how it would not work

17. LINUX

LINUX Member

Hmm, very well. So far only 1-2 of my 100-odd ladder matches have gotten that far so tech'ing to those units is definetly not in my muscle memory. Something to work on, I guess.

18. mtw

mtw Member

Muta speedling/ultra should work too? Ultras to handle the stalkers, muta to handle the colossus. Gotta muta harass like a whore and try to slow down their colossus tech as much as possible.

19. taffer

taffer Member

If anyone wants to play some games, add me DropMonkey 237

20. IncredibleBulk

IncredibleBulk Member

Yeah that's exactly what I've now done. Took an age to figure out why I couldn't get it to install on Ubuntu though (the cracked version worked fine). Turns out you need IE6 installed as well for the patch updater to work

All good now though so I'm going to restart and actually begin earning some achievements! And then eventually daring to jump into Multiplayer :)