Started making holiday bookings yet?

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by Smoothie, Dec 4, 2020.

1. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

Lol, borders aren't going to open and there is nothing the federal government can do about it - they don't control them. They can open up international airports, but that is all

2. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

cannot state conditions of entry.
    refer quarantine. there's the funding aspect. aren't commonwealth funding quarantine hotels?
    but as Tasmania is a liberal thing, something amenable might happen.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/pol...021/08/27/overseas-travel-december-australia/
    the 4 phase plan. such as it is...and further yet to be announced quarantine requirements.

phase C - looks like unrestricted outbound travel for fully vaccinated Australians.
    https://www.pm.gov.au/sites/default/files/media/national-plan-060821.pdf
    Travel Bubbles (selected countries) mentioned under Phase C description.

even Phase D states quarantine for "High-Risk inbound travellers" possibly unvaxxed peeps?. possibly depends which country you are coming in from. more details at this point there are not.

how do you book a ticket unless you know which countries will be included in the allowable countries list?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  3. Phalanx

Phalanx Member

Yeah, travel is not going to be "normal" for a very long time. I'm invited to a wedding in Mexico in December (this is what happens when your brother in law marries a travel agent, it's fucking stupid) I expect that I'd be doing a minimum of 2 weeks home quarantine, a whole lot of health checks at every point along the way and even then it still will be incredibly difficult depending on what countries I can fly through to do it and what the rules are in every country along the way. Considering Mexico has 800 deaths a day at the moment, the government shouldn't let me do it even if I wanted to.

Opening borders means very little, the first goal will be to get vaccinated tourists in and allow business flights to happen. The government doesn't give a shit about me going on a holiday and nor should they, zero health or economic benefit there. But then all through the pandemic people have still been going on holidays if they were rich enough, all you have to do is say you're going for over 3 months and prove you have the funds to do it, then buy a first class ticket home.

coolroy likes this.
  4. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19
    uk at the moment. depends on where you come back from .
    they have a test and release thing.
    tldr.

red, amber and green listed countries. (UK system)
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england
    even the green listed countries you need to take a covid test before leaving, and after arrival.
    no big deal i spose.
    seems pretty lax. if you are not fully vaxxed...home or hotel quarantine for 10 days with 2 tests . one on day 2 and one on day 8...
    ===
    ...apparently you only need to book a "quarantine package" if you have travelled from a red listed country.

...just reading the UK rules.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  5. chewbacca

chewbacca Member

I've started researching my next big holiday but considering it's for a trip to eastern Africa (Tanzania then off to Zanzibar for some scuba diving) I doubt it will be happening anytime soon (planning for 5 years from now) which is fine since it's going to be an expensive one so gives me time to save up.

In the meantime I have a trip to Kangaroo Valley coming up in November which I *think* should be okay but it was originally booked for July and the place was really good about rescheduling so I guess will just move it to next year if Nov is still a no-go.

I guess the next couple of years will be an opportunity for me to visit some Australian destinations.

6. SLIMaxPower

SLIMaxPower Member

Never had a holiday, nor want one.

7. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

qantas released a list of 13 countries supposedly on the ok list (at some point in time)
    Thailand wason thelist. anywho. my international travel days are over. have better things to spend dollars on. like water bills :p hospital bills. every other sort of bill...

8. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Happy to work your life away? :p

9. SLIMaxPower

SLIMaxPower Member

Yeah. These 4-5 hr days are killing me.

MrSnuffy likes this.
  10. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

We are also looking at Africa for the wife's 40th - 2024. Never been to Africa so looking forward to it. Booked a weekend in Ubud for next March and currently looking at some other weekend/3 night stuff in Singapore.

I guess the next 6 months will just be domestic holidays until everything calms down and I can be sure I want get stuck overseas lol

chewbacca likes this.
  11. money_killer

money_killer Member

booked a trip to tassie :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Smoothie and the_fuzz like this.
  12. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Should be fine, Tassie largely unaffected by covid, it's just when you need to return might be the issue :p

13. OP
    OP
    Smoothie

Smoothie Member

Had my NZ holiday in November pulled from under me. Just received an email from Qantas "your flights have been cancelled and we are not re-booking at this time. You will receive a refund in 12 weeks" .. Awesome.. The other half booked Ocean Grove instead. Is what it is. Ocean grove is nice.

14. Kafoopsy

Kafoopsy Member

Just curious, why don't you want a holiday?

15. SLIMaxPower

SLIMaxPower Member

dislike of people

edit. workaholic ?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  16. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

Just booked a week in Port Douglas at Coconut Grove for new years - Come on Anna, announce some border changes

Smoothie likes this.
  17. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Why not holiday somewhere without other people?

I do this sometimes.

18. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Just do a staycation, don't have anyone other than yourself to be concerned about :cool:

19. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

You do you bro. Don't feel pressured into doing what other people do.

20. KANNIS

KANNIS Member

We decided to give it one more year then head off on a family trip to Europe and South America to see family.