Streaming Audio to the entire company

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Davo1111, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Davo1111

Davo1111 Member

CEO wants to make live announcement to 75 locations at the same time. In the past they've organised a 75 line conference with Telstra for a boatload of cash.

I suggested that we livestream a private event on youtube, however, since we operate on a proxy, the network would be crippled with 75 HD video streams at the same time.

Requirements

- Live (or slight delay) simultanious broadcast to multiple locations (it looks like audio only would be the only option.
    - Easy to use for all sites (i.e. browser interface)

Desirable:

- the ability for people to ask questions at the end, either via microphone or typed

Any ideas?

I thought mixlr.com might be an idea, but the chat requires an account.

2. raX

raX Member

teamspeak, mumble, etc.

Mumble is free, in the past I've had 200 people in a single channel for certain things on a basic (VPS) server at the time.

Mumble also has chat.

Simply mute everyone but CEO user, put it on voice activation, boom done.

bonus: it's only 10KB/s of data per user, so you could probably have nearly everyone in one channel all at once if the server it's on is fast enough.

edit: since browser based, discord would do the same job.

3. evilasdeath

evilasdeath Member

just record it and put it up on a server and have the local managers play it back with there teams.

Its not exactly what you want but i wouldnt want questions in a 75 way conference call.

4. caspian

caspian Member

that's why you have people submit questions via text in a different medium.

then you can pick only the ones you like, or have a good answer prepared for, to address. only one person knows you ignored their awkward question, and at the end you slip in a quick apology that says sorry for all the questions we couldn't get to, even if you only had a couple. that way it doesn't sound like a cover-up.

if you need to, take a few questions from trees. always a good way of getting a point across that you wanted to sound innocent and spontaneous.

5. Renza

Renza Member

Shoutcast would probably do what you want.

6. woodys_world69

woodys_world69 Member

tell ur boss hes an idiot, and hes not steve jobs.
    Record the announcement and upload for viewing afterwards.:thumbup:

7. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

You could probably use Zoom.

https://zoom.us/

Just don't enable video.

Otherwise just record it and put it up on whatever intranet/IM system you use