Subnautica

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by whatdoesthisdo, Mar 23, 2015.

1. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yup.. "just one more dive" nek minute 2am

2. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Sun coming up when you only just* started playing comes as a bit of a surprise too :p

3. Winterheart

Winterheart Member

My strategy is fine thus far, the issue is the increase in problematic adversaries. When you can't even reliably stay safe in a vehicle, then at some point a loss of said vehicle is likely to happen.

Yeah, I had the hull upgrade for the seamoths, don't recall if I loaded it on the prawns or not. I've tried killing reapers, and literally gave up after about 10 or so minutes of prawn combat. Warpers are a whole new level of pain, as you can't even stay inside a cyclops or seamoth or prawn, as they warp you out of it, then if the ghost/reaper is already in attack mode, even if you do manage to make it back inside you've already suffered substantial damage in my experience. Lost the cyclops to a combination of warper and ghost, warper removed me from the cyclops, then the ghost annihilated me :( Lost one of the seamoth's to a combination of warper and crabsquid at the second degassi habitat :(

4. Ripley

Ripley Member

\steamapps\common\Subnautica\SNAppData\SavedGames\slot{n}

Zip that baby.

5. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

That's interesting. Warpers have pretty much ignored me in my cyclops. Prawn/seamoth is a different story. In the seamoth I can generally zap them with perimeter defense and they bugger off, prawn I usually can get back inside after being zapped out and make enough of a nuisance of myself that they leave, but always take damage to the prawn when that happens.

I've intentionally mowed them down in the cyclops though, just run into them. Never been touched. Even when they've done their little disappearing act right beside me, nothing?

6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

What you mean? Back it up?

7. Ripley

Ripley Member

Perfect response from someone with the wat lady as an avatar. :lol:

Yes. They are your save games. Back them up.

walker_2003 likes this.
  8. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

shame there's not steam cloud :p

9. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Feeling like it's a little easy to lose your way in this. I'm pretty close to the end game now, not really sure what I'm supposed to be doing though. Nothing tells you? I have a hunch on what it might be, but only from almost spoilers I've heard elsewhere.

10. War1910

War1910 Member

I believe the goal is to get off-world again. The only catch is: the planet is under an alien quarantine, so you need to be cured of whatever is wrong with you first...

Just managed to get the drill arm on my Prawn, so loaded up on nickel last night. time to start crafting upgrades :D

11. Boneman

Boneman Member

40 hours in and just found my battery charger. :o

walker_2003 likes this.
  12. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

I'm sure some of you have noted that when you load a save the scanner room suddenly goes from being able to scan for 3 or 4 pages worth of stuff to practically nothing. You can fix this up (rather tediously) by taking 1 of what you want to search for, dropping it outside and then picking it back up. That will add said item back to the list of scanable items. Want copper? Drop copper outside, pick it up. Rinse repeat for whatever else.

13. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Annnnnnnnd finished :D 81hrs over 11 days lol.

walker_2003 likes this.
  14. Ripley

Ripley Member

As you have discovered, it will scan for what the game has loaded in the vicinity of the player, within the bounds of the scanners distance. Another approach is to scoot around with the sea glide or sea moth for a few minutes to unlock everything.

Please. What did you put in your time capsule?

15. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

You can, but if you've already stripped the area around where you are, it's easier just to take something outside and drop it. Granted if you don't have any at all it's not exactly a foolproof plan.. but it's definitely quicker if you do :)

Erm, I didn't see that bit coming so hadn't exactly planned for it, so it was just stuff I was carrying. Thermo knife, hab builder, scanner, repair tool, laser cutter and a pathfinder tool.

16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

whats the time capsule?

17. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

So it turns out that when you build your neptune escape rocket, one of the last things you can do before leaving is make a time capsule. It's a 3x2 container that you can put whatever into, along with a screenshot and a message to a future player.

You can find time capsules randomly throughout the game, I remember finding 4 or so I think in my first play through. Some had tools, some a lot of batteries. I only read the message of one of them, it was just some inspirational fluff. I only wrote on mine 'peepers are delicious but marblehead melons will keep you alive'.

Lastly, for your time capsule to make it into the game it has to be sufficiently upvoted here: https://subnautica.unknownworlds.com/time-capsules

Scrolled through, several 'load mores' in I can't find mine, so I imagine with the amount of players now the chance of your actual time capsule making it in is pretty slim.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    walker_2003 likes this.
  18. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Ah that's pretty cool

19. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

Some asshat decided the best thing they could leave me in a timecapsule was a knife. Nothing but a single knife. Not even a thermoknife. I've never felt so gypped.

20. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

how early in game can u get capsules? couldnt it throw out progress if u get something thats too good 2 early?