Suggest my next case

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by BMan2, Sep 12, 2019 at 1:35 PM.

1. BMan2

BMan2 Member

Looking to build a new system soon - and I'm looking for suggestions for a decent case.
    I'm not an overclocker, I run things at stock - the board will most likely run an i5/i7 with a mid range gfx card (think 1650).

I'd like it to be able easily hold 3 3.5 drives + a blu ray and a couple of ssd's - which is what I have now - and most of all - to have some way of getting the damn cables that absolutely litter my current box out of the way.
    Something easy, not too expensive - with easy access to USB etc.

Any ideas?

2. Myne_h

Myne_h Member

3. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Can you give us a list of your current build?

4. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

Coolermaster S400/S600/NR400/NR600 is cheap and does it all.
    Cable management is down to your own skill more than the case.

Also wrong forum to post this.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 3:35 PM
  5. ruffdayz

ruffdayz Member

Cases are a very personal thing though. Some like loud, over the top and in your face... others prefer a more elegant, subtle or understated look. Then theres windowed or non windowed, tempered glass or perspex, aluminium or steel.

I've owned (probably) too many cases over the years (from the days of "beige is beautiful to the age of tempered glass).

At the moment I've got an Antec (1000), Coolermaster (Mastercase 5), Corsair (650D) - my main rig, and a Lian Li hidden away in a cupboard (older case). All relatively understated cases.

In general (albeit I haven't built in years) but my experience across some manufacturers/brands is:
    Antec - Straight forwards but lack cable management. Good cooling and easy to work with case. Quality varies. Mine is non windowed though so cable management less of an issue.
    Coolermaster - Good cable management (albeit mine is a minimal build for testing). If you have optical drives they stand out with a tempered glass window though. Quality varies but the more expensive Coolermasters don't have razor sharp edges (the cheap ones can do). Mine I had to hack this one because I bought the Mastercase 5 instead of Pro 5 at the time, so it didn't have an optical slot. But it shows the case is modable/versatile.
    Inwin - used them for a few friends builds. Not bad cases, and similar to Antec/Coolermaster.
    Fractal Designs - Next step up from the Antec, slightly technical in design like Lian Li (re cooling though), but a solid and quiet case.
    Corsair - upped their game in recent years. I really like my 650D. Build quality is quite good and cable management excellent. That said mine does have an annoying panel rattle (which others have reported too). Means I have to leave side panel partly unclipped sometimes to stop it.
    Lian Li - more technical to build with, but the quality is superb. Generally more expensive, but they are very light and I'd almost say "precise" in how they fit together.

Madengineer likes this.
  6. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

7. Madengineer

Madengineer Member

Like RUFF said.

I love my Lian Li case! Had it for years now, and I don't even remember its model number. But it's so quiet! it's nice a sleek, fits all my doo dads in it (2 SSDs/2 3.5HDDs)

Only problem is cooling (Some of the models don't accommodate big coolers well). But even with mine and its small setup, it's, designed for basic water cooling.

8. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

I like phanteks. although i dont own one.
    https://www.pccasegear.com/products/40364/phanteks-enthoo-pro-m-tempered-glass-special-edition
    this one has room for a dvd drive

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/42221/phanteks-enthoo-pro-tempered-glass-black
    or this if you have more than one.

i like fractal too - simple clean aesthetic and well considered functional design. Define Series. and the Focus is one of the best bang for buck around.
    https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/

also partial to lianli. good build quality. as with Inwin cases.

aesthetics and function. function should be primary but the aesthetic sometimes trumps my decision :p ideally i want both.

I prefer smaller cases, but they need to be large enough to fit what you want.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 5:44 AM
  9. macktheknife

macktheknife Member