1. Win some Crucial goodies in OCAU's Christmas Treasure Hunt!
    Dismiss Notice

Super-duper cheap E-Drum Kit

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Rubberband, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Hi all,

I've always wanted to have a kit to play with, but could never come at the prices if I turned out to not enjoy it.

I prefer the idea of electronic kits so I can just play in privacy without annoying the family or the neighbours.

I've been watching entry level kits like the EDK260, which is affordable for my little experiment, but I found this will searching which seems to be the same thing rebranded:

https://www.crazysales.com.au/online-8-piece-electronic-drum-kit-72757.html
    vs.
    https://www.artistguitars.com.au/buy/artist-edk260-electric-8-piece-electronic-drum-kit/10987

If this is the same kit, I might just go for it :)

Thoughts?

2. iMomOx3

iMomOx3 Member

Get a second hand one from Gumtree. Unless you have been playing for a while, you may not end up keeping the kit (lots of people abandon the hobby) and on-sell it.

I bought mine 2nd hand and continue to use it today but others not so much - there's heaps on Gumtree/eBay.

At the time I ended up getting a Yamaha DTXplorer for $300 which is more on the bargain side, but deals come up here and there. I've now upgraded to a higher end kit though.

Even if its just a beginner kit you ideally want something with multiple triggers on the cymbals.

3. OP
    OP
    Rubberband

Rubberband Member

The problem is I have to be patient waiting for something :p

4. shino

shino Member

I'm in the market for a semi pro kit for a bargain price... anyone know if amazon.com ship to oz on there good but cheap kits...?