Super Pi 32M 4Ghz efficiency thread

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by sskmercer, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Surtr

Surtr (Banned or Deleted)

That helps lol

2. Bullants

Bullants Member

Hey guys went cold on this new platform for the second time last night,so much to learn on this platform.Really just testing all different things ATM to see how it all works and responds.Little pic below nothing real great but its a start, will test again tonight and try and push uncore freq closer to 6Ghz and see if I can push chip little further too,memory is on air 1.9v ,still can push memory little further on air yet.Also still working all these subs out,memtweakit would come in handy!
    [​IMG]

3. dinos22

dinos22 Member

been playing with some Corsair based PSCs. Not the world's greatest PSC kit but after some volt tuning in windows im starting to get respectable speeds on air cooling.

Here's what seems to be working well so far. the VIO volts and getting the vdimm right has uncorked them from about 2520 to 2640 so far. Hopefully they like cold and volts :thumbup:

might be worth playing with some of these volts once your ram is on the edge. i normally start with 1M, 2M, 4M and up and see if they pass further with different settings

[​IMG]

4. Bullants

Bullants Member

Interesting dino,dropping PCH core from 1.5 to 1.2 help? or just to keep cool?
    thanks

5. dinos22

dinos22 Member

stock volts are 1.05 so im also increasing it a bit but i didnt really see any major gains with more, in fact sometimes it's best to leave at stock. this is just a habit for me to run it a bit higher as it helps with stability and can help a bit on the multiGPU side

on the RAM side, upping both VIOs to +0.275v helped increase the amount of loops on the last unstable run but going past it to +0.3 reduced stability. This could be IMC and RAM related also but worth thinking about and testing!

some IMCs like to be cold so that is something to think about also i guess when pushing or testing ram. i just figured id do some air testing first before i make the CPU colder and then memory colder

please note that this is just what i am seeing and it could be a lot different to others but i want to share settings that showed me some decent gains anyway knowing some of you guys will be experimenting now a bit

btw running a pot on PCH is for bclock gain when pushing ram frequencies and also to give you more options when you are benching if you need a specific bclock range! So it's not a heat issue with PCH that we needed LN2, in fact it is the coldest PCH (south bridge) we've ever had. Only 4W and you dont even need to run a heatsink on it for normal stuff lol

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  6. Surtr

So that was the GTX1's?

will you be doing a promo guide video at some point? also, is F5m you have pictured there the latest bios?

7. Bullants

Bullants Member

yes sry i was thinking of another volt,with my run I was at nearly stock VIO volts and IMC volts but ill try those volts you posted for sure to see if it helps

Mine were
    Imc 0.0020
    VIOA 0.0070
    VIOD 0.0080
    I think from memory would have to check to confirm

^^^Not sure if i have to one to many zeros in them lol

8. dinos22

dinos22 Member

nice man, just slowly move up when you get to the max and see if it helps rather than a straight jump to them :)

9. dinos22

dinos22 Member

it's not the bios that's doing anything different, just volts but yes that is the latest beta you can download from GIGABYTE Tweaktown section that stasio is running :)

yeah GTX1s dude. hard to work with these bastards. im waiting for some nice PSCs to come from Splave so just killin time a bit with what i have here :thumbup:

10. Bullants

Bullants Member

yeah thanks man,was going to try this F5m bios tonight maybe,can you adjust uncore freq with this bios no problem?

11. Surtr

ah ok thanks dino.
    i just picked up the board, its been powered on about half an hour haha. was just wondering which bios i should skip straight to.

which kit did you get off splave?

i have 12 sticks i want to bin in cairns, so if jack isnt buying all of them like he keeps telling me he is, there will be some available.

12. youngpro

youngpro Member

just a note on that, you need to play with these separately for every different CPU

some cpus wont even boot with +0.4 while some can take +0.5 stable

dont look at anyone elses settings for these 2!

13. Bullants

Bullants Member

Cool ,this platform is so different too ivy it is really sensitive with everything adjustment that is done,wrong or correct adjustment

14. Surtr

i'm not sure thats a good thing haha.

15. Bullants

Bullants Member

nar its a good thing,just think this platform is really sensitive but in a good way
    The new Gigabyte OC is clocking really nice too,only had it a week so lots to learn
    PSC tWCL6,on air 1.9v,it will also boot at these settings with tRFC 90 and tighter subs @ 1.92v
    [​IMG]

16. dinos22

dinos22 Member

Yes new beta adjusts uncore correctly

Not a bad one to start with I guess

17. dinos22

dinos22 Member

You can bootup that high

Lol crayzee

18. Bullants

Bullants Member

Yeah man and it was tWCL6,if I back of on tWCL7-8 I say it would do this at c7,this was just something I did the day I bought the board lol testing 28x lol,the hard part is to get it stable that be nice

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  19. youngpro

youngpro Member

i tested another kit last night, not really happy with OS or waza yet, the run before it was 21.3 with same waza so waza is a bit dodgy, but here is something to get you started

pro - 7m 20.782 4770K, PSC @ 1333 8-12-8-28-1 trfc82 twcl6, ASUS M6E

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  20. Bullants

Bullants Member

Nice air time Pro