Super Pi 32M 4Ghz efficiency thread

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by sskmercer, Mar 19, 2008.

1. newlife

newlife Member

New one is Crosshair V Formula-Z

@Scott I was dead serious, 4ghz is way too slow

2. headin2001

headin2001 Member

Yeah, you'd be looking near 20 minute runs @ 4ghz right?

Mid teens @ 5ghz???

3. JunkDogg

JunkDogg Member

Dont forget challenger division 5 stage 1 is 4ghz 32m, thats why ive been playing with it.

Agree with UD3's. I have rev4 and cant get anywhere near the freq as what i get on the UD7 on air.

4. JunkDogg

JunkDogg Member

Here's my "how I wasted a Wednesday night" post.

So first run off the bat and just took the ram timings of the sticks and set it to 2400. NB @ 2000.

[​IMG]

Started NB tweaking this was at 2200 even though CPU-Z doesn't show it. Tightened timings a little.

[​IMG]

NB at 2400 and mem's tighter

[​IMG]

Then final run for the night got me this.

[​IMG]

Still a lot to try and figure out in my head. I still don't understand how or why Waza works and what to do to make it work better. I know Dino got some huge steps forward when he was testing I've just got to figure it out. :thumbup:

Even though it's slow I still had a fun time and will keep trying today.

5. Paulie_AU

Paulie_AU Member

I have had absolutely no luck screaming WAZZAp at my computer. And when I tried to stuff it full of Cakhe the optical drive broke :upset:

Seriously though my Wazza files is pretty much all photos, and seems to work well.

6. JunkDogg

JunkDogg Member

Had bit more of a play with the DICE I had left this afternoon. Just cranked it up to 5200 and tightened sammy's to cas9 on cold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ran out of DICE, so no more playing until I get back on my next block of R&R.

Will put the board back under water for a bit though and work on 4Ghz effiency. Seems it doesn't like anything above 2000 on the NB unless the CPU is cold. Tried putting volts up to 1.4V for the NB and still no luck. Will trial more next R&R.

7. Jimba86

Jimba86 Member

very nice junkdogg!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

im currently running 32M on my classy and 980X AO..:D

14M 05s under windows 7 at stock clocks.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  8. AG-TAS

AG-TAS Member

Why aren't you doing SuperPi in WinXP SP3? Scores are more efficient.

9. Jimba86

Jimba86 Member

I need another Sata drive for XP which I dont have currently. In the process of sorting it out.

10. OP
    OP
    sskmercer

sskmercer Member

The other option is get rid of 7 off the drive your using and put on XP and like we've mentioned many times before just image them and you can get away with the one drive easy enough.

11. Paulie_AU

Paulie_AU Member

Just partition a drive in W7 and put XP on the partition. My main one is a partition on a 1TB storage drive that I use every day. Made the partition 80GB (which is overkill) called it XP and then installed to that. No problems.

I have a dedicated XP drive also, but that came to a screeching halt last week. :Paranoid:

12. Jimba86

Jimba86 Member

I did the split drive thing before and have had issues, that's why 2 separate drives are what I'm doing once I find another cheap sat raptor.

13. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

I have had memory overclocking kill the MBR on a drive before. Best to have 2 drives if you rely on the information on a partition.

14. AG-TAS

AG-TAS Member

Maybe pick up a cheap 120G SSD and use that as your bench drive as I do.

Partition into two sections and install XP on one side and W7 on the other for a multi boot. Takes 20 mins to reinstall of you run into problems. Lets you use Wazza as well.

15. Bullants

Bullants Member

Quick prep for cold 32m session,pots insulated with armaflex insulation tape and some I love Australia paper towel :thumbup:

[​IMG]

16. Paulie_AU

Paulie_AU Member

Cmon you really could of lined them up better so it read on all pots.... :lol:

17. Bullants

Bullants Member

Sorry paulie :lol:

Decided to run some Pentium tonight instead of X99

was just using my X99 OS so may have been bit better with fresh OS but new PB on the Pentium 5Ghz

[​IMG]

18. Bullants

Bullants Member

Had little play last night with some DDR4 learn t few things

All temps about -50 on the memory's as im having some much humidity problems atm as soon as I go colder whole board freezes up

Cpu -40 memory's -50 all subs mainly auto,light test and should get trcd tighter with more cold on the memory's.Note booting the big blck strap and high memory strap seems to have that third rtl run loose 47 should be 45,so i guess a lose of efficiency there
    [​IMG]

Everything the same on this one apart from couple tighter subs and 1x uncore notch up so uncore was 46XX so from 4524 uncore to under 47 uncore it gained 700ms boost as this time look as it was going to be a 18.5XX,still had uncore volts low so maybe why it failed 1.3 was as high as I went.Note the bad third rtl as well
    As you can also see on this one I also hit start of 32m straight after CW that was a accident
    [​IMG]

So this one was a cl9 boot in and cpu on water a memory -50,3140Mhz @ cl9,note the tight rtls,not only did I fix the loose third rtl I gained a tighter second rtl :lol:,had to shut board down before I even had a chance to even test this one as i lost all usb usages from humidity
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  19. dinos22

dinos22 Member

those TCCDL and WL will affect your efficiency also, and stability i guess. Try them tighter if you can

looking good so far btw

20. Bullants

Bullants Member

Yeah I never got that far dude was just seeing what memory could do,will keep it in mind tho

Looks like I may have sold CPU,not sure when Ill buy a CPU again mite stick to the low end stuff for awhile