Surveillance Cameras (CCTV)

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by russkris, Oct 1, 2017.

1. russkris

russkris Member

Hi guys and gals,

Not sure if the is the correct forum but I couldn't find any threads.

I want a CCTV system to record both visual and audio. Budget is the key, a system that has video and audio recording and wireless.

Recommendations.?

Long story short. We have had a couple of visit from the council to let us know our dogs are barking 'constantly' and the neighbor across the road just tells me the council bloke knocked on her door and ask if she would go to court.

Like WTF, so I need to find out what is going on, as these dogs don't bark when anyone is at home unless someone enters the property.

My wife works afternoons and I work mornings. Long story short, there isnt much of the day that somebody isnt home, so what the hell is going on I ask myself.

2. ruffdayz

ruffdayz Member

3. OP
    OP
    russkris

russkris Member

cheers for the links

4. waltermitty

waltermitty Member

5. OP
    OP
    russkris

russkris Member

6. WJR

WJR (Banned or Deleted)

Court is generally the last step in the process unless you're unlucky and have a council that doesn't sit on it's hands and will actually act.

Is there a couple of hours a day when no one is home? The dogs might be constantly barking then? We just escaped barking dog hell ourselves, the owners were trendy socialites who were never home and their fucking dog barked nonstop day and night. They didn't care and the council made us fill out mind numbing diaries for weeks then declared it a civil matter and washed their hands of it. :rolleyes:

I'd suggest taking any complaint seriously, which you seem to be, in case someone decides to skip the council hoop jumping and bait your dogs.

7. OP
    OP
    russkris

russkris Member

Oh yeah.. I have purchased citronella bark collars and now the static ones.

Trust, I don't want trouble but the neighbor next door hosed the dogs like 4 days after we moved in.

I spoke with the council guys and he read the notes to me, they have basically said there is no problem but I still want to cross all my T's.

@waltermitty - You used them before?

8. scips

scips Member

Old android phone or tablet lying around spare?

Ive been working a couple of nights recently/going out etc so wanted to be able to see he was safe/quiet.

Using IP webcam for android on the devices. (free)
    Tinycam Pro on my note8 to view elsewhere. (like $5)

Can do 2way audio/recording etc

Looks like this on mine
    [​IMG]

9. OP
    OP
    russkris

russkris Member

Sadly, no I haven't any old androids laying around the house.

Maybe it would be best if I look around for a coupe of cheap android phones.

10. Eclipsor

Eclipsor Member

I've got a couple of these cameras. Bit painful setting up due to lack of english, but it isn't too bad. Picture is very good for the price and the remote viewing works pretty reliably. They apparently "phone home" to China, so lots of people hack them to disable various ports, but if you're not that concerned they are pretty good bang for buck. They also make a motorised one that you can move around.

11. rickbishop

rickbishop Member

I had a similar problem to yours when I was living in Darwin. My next door neighbour had just had her kid, and my stupid wife (now ex) let slip that my brothers dog was a pitbull. The neighbour was from Melbourne and stupidly believed the media...

She started constantly complaining to the council about barking from our dogs, saying that they were barking non-stop all day. The council investigated, talked to us, and even parked a ranger across the road for a couple of days to listen. They found that the dogs only barked if someone walked up the driveway to the front gate (open front yard, gate level with the front of the house). The final straw was when the council called me at 9am one morning to say that they had received a complaint from her that the dogs had been barking non-stop since 8am (which was about the time I would have normally gone to work). I told them that I had finished work at 3am, and that they had woke me up, and that the dogs were sleeping at the foot of my bed, AND I could prove it.

The council threatened to take her to court over her false complaints. 2 weeks later I got an anonymous note in the mail with threats of poisoning the dogs. 4 weeks later her marriage broke down because of her psycho bullshit and they split up and moved out.

The moral of this story is ask the council to call you as soon as they get a complaint, and ask for details of when the incident supposedly occurred. Tell them to get times and dates from whoever is complaining.

12. OP
    OP
    russkris

russkris Member

LOL.. Funny story. yes the old media and pitbulls..

The council read me the notes from his last visit and basically it ended up that they have nothing to investigate. What got me thinking was the lady across the road, let it slip the council asked her to do a dog bark diary, so I rang the council and they read me the notes from the last visit and basically it said there was no problem, out of the very few people that would do a diary were not interested in writing a stat dec to support the diary.

I ended up getting one of these Chinese cameras, and bloody hell the quality is not to bad, pain in the butt with the app and not being able to read 50% of it but there is enough Engrish to work it out.

13. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Ahhhh yes the old dog bark diary. The diary that will absolutely ruin your life for a month just to get evidence for the council. I had to do it, it was an unreasonable imposition.

14. rickbishop

rickbishop Member

Seems pretty reasonable to ask someone to provide supporting evidence for their complaint MR CHILLED .

millhouse likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    russkris

russkris Member

True.. I totally agree, if they are a problem they I want to know. Period.

The Xiaomi xiaofang Smart camera records a great picture but doesnt record sound..

16. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Evidence yes, a log yes. Having no life for a month because you are recording every single bark? No.

17. waltermitty

waltermitty Member

They should do sound mate, check your video player has got the right audio codecs

18. OP
    OP
    russkris

russkris Member

Ahh. will check that.

19. clonex

clonex Member

20. OP
    OP
    russkris

russkris Member