Swan M10: do I need to put them ear level?

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by Yanoflies, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Yanoflies

Yanoflies Member

I ordered my M10 along with my new computer, and I'm thinking about how I'll put them on my desk.

I've got a pretty big desk so space isn't the issue, but since I don't have any stands or whatever, I don't think I would be able to get them ear level.

Should I look for some of those speaker stands? Those smaller ones that just pops them up a bit to ear level from table level. If so, where and how much would they cost me?

Also, the sub I'll be putting under my monitor in the middle; will see if it's too high, if it is, where else could I put it? Is anywhere on the table good enough?

Thanks,

2. HairyMerkin

HairyMerkin Member

http://www.avforums.com/forums/11934170-post8.html

3. Everlong

Everlong Member

Generally yes it's best to have them at ear level, if thats problematic then you can tilt them up to be 'pointing' at your ears, with say a little foam wedge.

4. jjo

jjo Member

The sub is more a midwoofer so yes, it needs to generally be on the desk. Id doesnt have to be centred although that would probably help to some degree. Putting mine under the monitor placed the screen too high so mines just on the right of the desk. Sounds fine.

5. Riskbreaker

Riskbreaker Member

[​IMG]

who needs a foam wedge when you can use a battery! :lol:

@OP: its best to have the speakers pointed at your ears.

6. $qwuzzy

$qwuzzy Member

I've just used phone books to prop mine up on my desk.
    If you live in an apartment building, just wait for them to be delivered. Give it a week, then take as many as you like!