1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Swiftech H220 up for order / discussion thread

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by kodos78, Mar 4, 2013.

1. kodos78

kodos78 Member

The consensus is that they're not up to the standard of a custom rig but it's definitely better than previous AIO setups and extendable to boot. What do you guys think about them?

The direct link is here: h220

129.95 US with the coupon code OCN. Delivery is Payment on receipt so i'm not sure how much it'll run to. No Aus suppliers have them yet and the ETA is around 4 weeks from now.

I've just ordered one direct from Swiftech for my new basic, silent build and I'm planning on extending to include my gpu when i upgrade from my 5870. I'll update with and ETA when i know more.

2. Jazz

Jazz Member

Subbed.

I've got a 360 and 240 in their previous AIO setup and like em

3. wraith666

wraith666 Member

Will be waiting to see how much freight would be before going direct. I don't see Aus retailers having it in stock for a while and if they do probably be some crazy price.

4. F3L1X

F3L1X Member

the reviews look really good for it

5. wraith666

wraith666 Member

Reviews all point to the H220 dominating the AIO crowd. The fact it's expandable if you so wish to. Can't imagine freight being under $20 aud though.

6. OP
    OP
    kodos78

kodos78 Member

Update: My order got cancelled from swiftech. They said they don't deliver to Australia in spite of their order form allowing you to choose and AU address and prefilled states in drop down menus etc. Pretty frustrating. I'll have to wait for pccasegear to get them, unless someone else knows a supplier.

7. Jazz

Jazz Member

I think you will be lucky to see them at pccg, they have dropped nearly all their Swiftech gear

8. aeon.

aeon. Member

ask GAM or look at TKR :)

otherwise go with PPC's or some other US vendor

a great start for beginners who want to be flexible with their cooling later on after learning about custom water :D i'd recommend it

+ the helix fans are a sweet bonus

9. wraith666

wraith666 Member

Yeah they have an official supplier on their site now. Had a look at the website seen Sata 2 SSD's going for 240 so obviously they never update their site. Going to be hard unless your up for 60 bucks in postage.

10. OP
    OP
    kodos78

kodos78 Member

Yeah the delivery from some of the US suppliers is $60+ on a $130 purchase. Terrible.

A couple of weeks ago I emailed PCCG about the h220 and they said a late March ETA...

11. wraith666

wraith666 Member

The official supplier says middle of the year maybe. Last I asked PCCG they weren't entirely sure.

12. tr1cky271

tr1cky271 (Banned or Deleted)

Would suppliers HURRY UP and get these into stock!! *end of rant*

13. Suopermanni

Suopermanni Member

Just a silly question from me but by 360 do you mean the XSPC kits available from PCCaseGear? If so, is it compatible with the new Swiftek kit and is it easy to install? I think there's some of the new Swiftech kits in Umart.

14. Jazz

Jazz Member

Oh sorry mate miss type, I have a h20-320 edge and h20-220 edge they are Swiftechs previous version, where the pump is in the rad, not in the cpu block. Still expandable, you can add another 240/360 rad with no issues
    Stupid non standard numbering system :O

15. Suopermanni

Suopermanni Member

So, I can add bits like other brand radiators like those from the XSPC kits to the Swifteks? That's pretty cool, though I can't imagine where such things would go. I'll probably need a case like the Switch 810 or Phantom 820 to fit all of that stuff in.

I was planning on cooling a SLI build with Haswell stuff when it comes out.

16. Jazz

Jazz Member

Yup that's the idea I have a 810 with the 320 in the top and a koolance 240 bottom
    It's the next step i guess after the h100 type kits although there are enough ppl in the e&wc forum who will tell you it's not water cooling since you didn't build it from scratch

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  17. Mensuri

Mensuri Member

Can anyone confirm if these in fact are able to cool video cards and have the appropriate mounting hardware or if a mod is needed?

2 of these would really help my next build and would cost much less than a custom setup

18. YoSiMeTe_SaM

YoSiMeTe_SaM Member

This may help :)

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/swiftech-h220-adding-to-the-loop/

19. Homewares

Homewares (Banned or Deleted)

20. Gl1tchie

Gl1tchie New Member

Buy it from where ever you can get it in America and use www.shipito.com to get it to Australia..

I've done this a lot with guitar equipment either not available in Aus or outrageously priced in Aus. Works flawlessly.