[sydney]places to go to jam with random strangers

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Rocules, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Rocules

Rocules New Member

Hi,

was wondering if there were any communities i could join (on facebook, etc) where people have meetups to jam/play music

I play piano and would like to jam with others and jam out - thanks for the advice!

BlueRaven likes this.
  2. JSmithDTV

JSmithDTV Member

BlueRaven and Phido like this.
  3. bangmango

bangmango Member

What sort of music do you play ?

4. BLESSSED

BLESSSED New Member

Hip hop rap and tekno. Be creative songs stick with it 4 life. On and on. Join up as asked. Lil

BlueRaven likes this.
  5. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Got anything on sound cloud? I dabble in Ableton Live from time to time. Was playing with some new vsts and Live 11 recently;
    https://m.soundcloud.com/karlstens/working-with-hybrid-3/comment-1296663082

That’s my current flavour of the month, bringing back them Faithless vibes. :leet:

BlueRaven likes this.
  6. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Brute force & optimism

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    BurningFeetMan likes this.
  7. bangmango

bangmango Member

Are you looking for players or a player yourself?

8. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Brute force & optimism

Been a long time since I played with others, but I do actually hold a Cert III in music performance (jazz piano, product of a misspent youth mostly) and I've been playing guitar since high school. Acoustic folk/blues stuff mostly, because let's face it, everyone's probably going to be too drunk/stoned to realise that you messed up a few bars. :)

I'd like to get back into jamming with some real live muso's, and as mentioned I have some gear and a few skills that might help that to happen at some point.
    But as with lots of people these days, it would always be a casual thing dependent on whatever else is going on, because there's usually 3-4 other things that might require my attention on any given day. So... no aspirations to conquer Eurovision any time soon... :)

9. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Finding others to jam with has always been a bit of a dilemma for me. A mix of social anxiety and the effort to move my tower about usually leaves me still playing at home solo, but still I enjoy it.

Do you have any of your work posted to sound cloud? Maybe that might be something we can all inspire each other to do, if anything.

10. yoink

yoink Member

Have any of you ever tried this: https://www.cockos.com/ninjam/.

The way I see it, there are two steps:

1. Find people to Jam with (social networks, ocau, etc)
    2. Find a way to Jam together - Ninjam should solve that, for people that want to do it from home, now you just need to schedule a time that works for everyone.

11. bangmango

bangmango Member

Well it is very true that,hard to find players to jam/record with,as before recording involve a few sessions of practice, specially original songs..lol
    I have tried a few off Gumtree ,even here OCAU,was looking for Bass player to help record a few demos..as in getting something to listen back/make changes or improve etc..
    But no luck..but hope to get there (recording wise) vere soon..even If I have to play guitars/bass myself..Hmmm...