Tanzania!

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by redhairkid, Jul 23, 2016.

1. redhairkid

redhairkid Member

Its been a while since I've posted anything so I thought I'd share a few pics from my recent trip to Tanzania. It was unlike any holiday I've taken. I've been to plenty of places and enjoy playing the tourist while stuffing myself with food but I did none of that here. Spent most of my time at an orphanage and a poor village. Unfortunately my iPhone 6 Plus was the victim of theft but thats ok, tech is replaceable but the photos and videos which I had snapped are not. Anyway, some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These were all shot on the Canon 1dx and Sigma 24-35 f2 except for the soccer pic that was done with the 120-300 2.8 sports and all processed on a uncalibrated macbook air. They may not be technically great but they will be great memories. These kids are satisfied with the very little that they have. I stopped over in London for a week before heading back to Sydney to catch an airshow and meet up with a mate. Think I bought the entire menu at Nandos.

2. Chuck99

Chuck99 Member

Great post, thankyou for sharing. Obviously some wonderful images but even better memories. I loved your photo's.

3. Coopz

Coopz Member

Great shots, the last one is excellent.

4. OP
    OP
    redhairkid

redhairkid Member

Thanks guys. The last one was a bit of a failed attempt. Have never done star trails before but I set up the tripod and started continuous 30sec exposures before going inside. Looked out the window ~30min later and saw that fires had been lit and the smoke was coming across. I stopped the sequence and slapped together all the exposures I did have and that was that. People light fires 24/7 and even in the most public of places to cook on the side of the road or to burn rubbish. Didn't get used to the smell of burning plastics.

5. MichaelRitter

MichaelRitter Member

Great pics and reminds me how the other half live! Well done.

6. OP
    OP
    redhairkid

redhairkid Member

Yep after seeing how simple their lives are and how they are satisfied with the very little they have (as they don't know any better) I feel like a dick complaining about trivial stuff such as why my train was delayed by 5 minutes...

7. Calindor

Calindor Member

Great to see the LCFC shirt. The football shot is great. :thumbup:

8. OP
    OP
    redhairkid

redhairkid Member

Thanks mate. The football pic was the only time I mounted the 300 on the camera for the month that I was there. Chose the worst time too as I was on the dirt field and in between changing lenses the breeze blew dirt into my direction and as a result the 1dx sensor is filthy :-(

9. Statitica

Statitica Member

Awesome stuff.

10. Zee

Zee Member

Awesome stuff - some great shots, thanks for posting!

Z...