Team[AU] AMD Extreme Overclocking Demo - KLCC PC Fair Dec 4th

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by bob(nz), Dec 19, 2011.

1. bob(nz)

bob(nz) Member

Earlier in December I was invited by AMD and Asus to participate in an overclocking workshop / extreme demo at the KLCC PC Fair here in Malaysia.

The idea, to run 3 workshops to show people the basics of overclocking on air, then finish each with a demonstration using LN2.

AMD Malaysia very kindly provided me with two retail FX8150's for the event, ASUS Malaysia provided me two Crosshair V motherboards and a 6990, and Kingston also came to the party with 2 kits of HyperX DDR3 1600 CL9 Memory and 2 crazy fast HyperX SSD's.

I basically had just over a week to test the setups before the event - but rocked up Saturday complete with a really bad head cold and ready to go :)

Glad I had two setups prepped, as with workshops at 1pm, 3pm and 5pm - no sooner had I stripped the LN2 rig down and dried everything out, it was time to start again. Alternating the rigs on LN2 at least gave them a bit of time to recover from the thrashing just an hour before :lol:

Backed everything off from the max runs I had done at home (just to make sure that it wasnt a workshop with nothing but blue screens :tongue:) and had a pretty smooth time over all the sessions that were run :thumbup:

I picked 3dmark05 for the demo as it really scales well with CPU speed increases, and was able to bench at 5g easy on air (all cores), 6.2g easy on LN2 (all cores) and 7.1g easy on LN2 (2 cores only). Max cpu speed on the day was 7.8g - but I need to come back and spend some time on this - hadnt really tested too much prior to the event as I didnt want to kill anything in advance :D

Was a pretty good turn out of visitors on the day, and I have included a few photos and screen shots below......

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Click to view full size!

Was also great to meet a few of the local overclockers on the day - know many via the forums but never met in person before. Finally got to meet Coolice, Sanko and Kunta for the first time :thumbup: and also managed to catch up with Superfly for the first time in almost a year :lol:

Really enjoyed the event, and thanks again to AMD, ASUS and Kingston for the invite to play with all these toys!!

2. youngpro

youngpro Member

ah nice thats awesome dude, enjoying the AMD benching?

3. Chaffe

Chaffe Member

AMD benching is da bomb ;)

4. OP
    OP
    bob(nz)

bob(nz) Member

Yeah it was fun for a change - its been a long time since I touched an AMD CPU :eek::Paranoid:

Will definitely be coming back to focus on max CPU speed - I just gotta break that 8g barrier :Pirate:

5. Ando420

Ando420 Member

Nice work mate :):thumbup:

6. GeneralDeath

GeneralDeath Member

Awesome :thumbup: gotta love AMD benching