Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by japes, Sep 17, 2007.

1. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

I've been loving this weeks Halloween event. I have 5 pages in my spellbook, and a tonne of crazy Halloween costume crap! :leet:

2. Luke212

Luke212 Member

rofl just play the game. u guys are your own worst enemy :D

3. SupremeMoFo

SupremeMoFo Member

Yeah, the spells are a lot of fun, loving Hightower :)

4. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Lately I've become a Lock'n'Load whore. So many one hit kills with that launcher, it's ridiculous. I'm guessing they're gonna nerf it sooner or later >_>

5. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Can anyone find & link me to the TF2 Sonic the Hedgehog song, where the Scout (or another character) has been sampled in to be the main melody lead? From memory it was one of the melodies from the first level...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  6. weznagwama

weznagwama Member

So I haven't played TF2 in about a year...

Jumped in cause DotA was down, first map on badlands, went 30-2 as demo. Appears not much has changed.

Although the engie shotgun that can remotely heal stuff looks pretty cool. I think that was the only new weapon I saw in the couple games I played.

7. azzachaz

azzachaz Member

Yeah, the Demo's can dominate.

The new trend is for them to use sticky launcher even when attacking.

8. Bert

Bert Member

Are you saying traditionally they don't?

Demos are weak, only good when hiding and spamming or running ubers.

9. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Chargin' Targe + Bottle of whiskey = :lol: Two smacks will even take down a heavy. This tactic surprises even the most confident of pyro's too.

I rarely use the stickies these days, and enjoy the lock'n'load.

10. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

11. Sobbsy

Sobbsy Member

I've been wanting to get back into a bit of TF2. Haven't played in ages and right now I need some distractions... Any of the old crew still banging around on TF2 these days? Buck and Gigs and all that. I miss those days :(

12. millsy

millsy Member

Nem and Eva are often in the chat. Gigs is around but not in the chat. Haven't seen buck in there for aaaaaaages.

I uh... I still jump on most night, have done so since I joined this thread lol

13. pugsley

pugsley Member

Jumped on last night for the first time in ages. Ahh Heavy, how i have missed you :p

14. Sobbsy

Sobbsy Member

I think I'll play some again tonight. I started to get pretty turned off of TF2 after things went free 2 play and the updates stopped being at all interesting, but I always loved the people I found and can't really say I ever had a bad experience with this game, ever. I'm bitterly nostalgiac too, so I always go back to the classics as a sort of comfort haha. Hence why I still play prop hunt... great people and a simple, enjoyable experience where you KNOW what you're going to get each time you play.

Hope to see you guys on. I was thinking of playing on some of GaymersUN's Dustbowl 24/7's tonight, what is everyone else playing?

15. minireza

minireza Member

I got this game around launch time, played it regularly for 2 years, then very sporadic for the next few, going with breaks of a year at a time.

I really missed playing it, to this day its my favourite video game I've ever played. This past month I built a new PC and I've got a renewed interest in it. I don't know if it's quite the same as it was in its "hey day" as some might say, but it's still Soo Damn good!

16. Sobbsy

Sobbsy Member

TF2 is kind of special to me because the length of time I've played it for (from pre-order beta to now, basically) is just like my experience with Red Faction back in the day. I played RF from the first demo in 2001 right through to the death of the master server around 2006 I think. Incredible community, and so many good memories of spending nights, and sometimes even entire days just running around those maps and having a blast.

TF2 gives me that same feeling, and by some miracle it's still going so strong. I want to find some of my old friends and catch up with them :(

17. millsy

millsy Member

We had a bit of an informal catch up game with the ocau-tf2 chat regulars the other month, was great!

18. Sobbsy

Sobbsy Member

Ahh, shame I missed it. Didn't even realise people were still in the group chat much, will have to stop by and just say hi :thumbup:

19. millsy

millsy Member

It's a lot smaller than it used to be, but we're still averaging 4-5 people most nights.

20. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Mainly random chat, or do you all still play?

MvM has me hooked. I want some sheeny new weapons damn it! Some of them are redonkulously expensive on the Steam market too... $80 for some of them!