1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by japes, Sep 17, 2007.

1. millsy

millsy Member

Mostly chat, I've been playing a fair bit of cs-go lately, I find it frustrating so I'm trying to get the hang of it. Still fire up a bit of tf2 every now and again, I'm always up for a bit of organised play :)

2. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

MvM can be painful. So many n00bs, but on the flip-side, so many anal elites & sore losers. :upset:

3. Dr freedom

Dr freedom Member

Same ere. I played TFC from its inception & waited years for TF2.
    I play it randomly now, however when I do, it still does for me what it always has.. its too much enjoyment :thumbup:

4. Sobbsy

Sobbsy Member

I just randomly went back a thousand pages. Wound up in 2008, the hilarious WP vs N!SF (Not! Sexually Functional) days. Nostalgia overload. Can't say I ever really had anything to do with TFC... I had some friends who played it a lot but I never got into it.

Have to agree though - TF2 is one of those games you can just pick up randomly and get an enjoyable experience out of. But things happening in my life make me regret not sticking closer to the friends I played with, being a bit more active within the community and all that, you know?

We have to have another get together soon, get as many of the old farts in as we can :lol:

5. sween64

sween64 Member

I never played with you guys but I do have great memories of both TFC and TF2. I haven't played in months but it's always sitting there an occasionally (even when I'm not at home) I have a sudden urge to play it again.

N!SF takes me back. I was more active on the PCPP forum in those days and we had some tournament style matches against each other. We played Highlander (9v9) and Medics v Engineers. So many laughs!

6. Sobbsy

Sobbsy Member

Played a little bit tonight... Pretty much exactly as I remember it which was nice. I hate going away and coming back to radically changed weapons or items or maps. Sadly though, unlike the 'old' pub days, no one really chats on the mic any more it seems. Might just need to play with some more folk, who knows. Can't expect the most from pubs :)

7. BUCKWAH

BUCKWAH Member

Hey guys,long time since i've posted here,I still miss the good old tf2 days,getting middies ect:lol: .On a laptop now and waiting to build a new pc,might fire up tf2 again and have a little play:)

Great to see people still playing and in the chat still,it has to be one of the longest running chat rooms in tf2 for sure:leet:

8. Sobbsy

Sobbsy Member

Hey Buck good to see you. I've seen a couple of people online I remember from the 'old days', Gameboy and such. Been playing a lot on a server called 'No Kids Here' which, as the name indicates, is great fun haha.

Nice to see some old regulars around! :thumbup:

9. millsy

millsy Member

Yeah definitely buck, haven't seen you in there in ages!

10. Badger

Badger Caveat lector

Hi Guys, after a bit of advice.
    I don't play TF2 much, but my son does and even saved up his pocket money so he could buy an item and get a premium membership with a bigger backpack - using my steam account.
    A couple of days ago he logged in and the account has been VAC banned. I know I've not used any cheats or mods at all, and I'm fairly sure he has not (while I suppose it is possible, he claims he has not). It seems that they will not even reply to questions about it, will not give reasons or remove the ban under any circumstances?

11. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan Member

Good luck with that... :Paranoid: Fingers crossed you can sort it out with Valve, but I've read stories that indicate that you'll be up against a brick wall.

VAC shouldn't be perma-ban in my opinion.

12. millsy

millsy Member

The only time a VAC ban was revoked was the incident where valve accidentally VAC'd a stack of people.

Unfortunately you're out of luck. Unless someone hijacked your account, I'm not really aware of anyone being accidentally VAC'd.

*edit* Do they play garry's mod?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  13. Cpt Watermelon

Cpt Watermelon Member

Valve do not lift bans unless it is extenuating circumstances, such as a mass false positive such as the one with MW2 when it first came out.

14. Ogre

Ogre Member

yeah Valve are assholes when it comes to VAC, you will be lucky if they give you any information regarding the ban.

VAC usually doesn't ban on the spot either, its a delayed ban so the offence could of occurred weeks or even months ago.

15. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

VAC ban on my steam account would leave me literally in tears, hope you get it sorted. Good luck!

16. Badger

Badger Caveat lector

yes, have garry's mod too.

He was too when he found that all his items were gone...

17. millsy

millsy Member

I was going to say something about that Garry's mod hack but as someone else pointed out, VAC bans are an arbitary period after so it wouldn't be likely related to that.

18. Sobbsy

Sobbsy Member

Been playing every night for the last couple of weeks now. Mostly just on the GamersUN Dustbowl 24/7 servers, found a lot of people I remember from past years... Gameboy :leet:

Having great fun. I was worried it would have died too much or been taken over by the free 2 plays, but it's surprisingly no different and I'm having a blast. Get into it you lot!

19. k1ll3r

k1ll3r Member

You may of just convinced me to get back into TF2 :)

20. hoonda75

hoonda75 Member

You still have it ;) , seen Nem around a few times lately as well.