Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by japes, Sep 17, 2007.

1. soadaholic

soadaholic Member

Valve started working on L4D2 straight after the release of L4D1...so it wan't mircosofts decision.. and even then, it was annouced before the mircosoft conference at E3 and was also playable in valves booth...

Its pretty lame.. but remember this is VALVE south (turtle rock studios), the makers of great games such as CS:Condition Zero...

2. master.Cuong

master.Cuong Member

3. gigs

gigs Member

nice work buck with lots of help from Ed's leet medic gun I suspect. hardly play heavy any more as its too unbalanced against the other classes. Works well on push cart maps on pubs but thats only so much fun. Truth is I'm slightly obsessed with Sims 3 atm :Paranoid: Will probably jump online tonight for some TF2 action :D

Have updated my NextG modem to the new 21 version so my ping times have dropped by about 20ms. Am getting about 100-110ms ping to GA servers now. Still not great for sniper or scout but ok for heavy classes :thumbup:

4. samsino

samsino Member

my only problem with L4D2 to is that it will take away all the support and community away from L4D, almost forcing people to buy L4D2 if they want updates from Valve.

5. khing

khing Member

btw i've started to play a bit of tf2. i'm mostly rubbish, but am having much fun!

it's "watzisneim", and i've gotten killed by some OCAU peeps already!

6. Azrael

Azrael Member

Right, minor grievance, i cant find any option to move/make smaller the team-mate identification thing in TF2. Makes sniping on busy maps some of the Payload maps a pain when half of the crosshair area is taken up by team-mate IDs

Anyone know how to make it smaller/move it

7. master.Cuong

master.Cuong Member

you will need to go to 'option' (in game) then 'multiplayer' then 'advanced' and the 'tick enable minimal HUD'

you can also change ur field of view of ur weapon aswell or show no weapon, well its up to you :) hope that helps

8. cicada

cicada Member

Hi all,

I Play as Junkyard, mostly on Node servers around the weekend.

I don't get much time to play since my son was born so I'm pretty crap :p

Seen a few of you about in game.

I couldn't really care less about what they do with unlockable weapons so I'll have a cry about something else instead :D

Hoodoo. Finding it hard to like this map.

It just seems to really exaggerate any imbalance in the teams? I've not had many fun games on this map. Nothing like getting shutdown right at your first spawn :(

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  9. Joehax

Joehax Member

I'm pretty sure you've killed me a few times before :p

I remember your name hehe

10. bojo

bojo Member

I agree. I have nothing against the level. Though i'm not a fan of payload to begin with.

Just seems to easy to defend, to hard to attack on. Most players can shutdown the first spawn area pretty well. I actually had to ask people if it was in stages, because until a few days ago, i never saw the map progress to the next ones :(.

I'm interested in someone making a non noob-team-friendly payload race map. I reckon that gamemode has promise for some stellar fights/races. Except the maps are structured so you can shoot at the enemy while your pushing your cart.

Granted, this kinda map would fail pub wise, but i reckon you'd still get a few gem games in it.

11. angel Havoc

angel Havoc Member

hoodoo is (imo) the worst designed map out. seriously, who thought it would be a good idea to make a map where two or even one well placed/maintained sentry can hold the whole map?

12. Azrael

Azrael Member

Thanks, Sprocket sorted me out on IRC as well. Between those and the mouse accel stuff my accuracy, enjoyment, and general playing skillz has gone up enormously

I onl the other hand quite like Hoodoo, makes it a challenge to get through. Remember its relatively easy to get an ubered Heavy or Pyro into where the sentry is, and a good Demo can get the job done too. Just seems that most players on Pubs just have little idea bar +w +mouse1

13. ^catalyst

^catalyst Member

Be keen to know about your mouse accel tips, also what is +w ??

14. Fettrix

Fettrix Member

Generally W+M1 means forward while holding down primary fire as a pyro

As W is normally bound to "forward" and Mouse1 is bound to "Attack"

15. Azrael

Azrael Member

-noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -noforcemspd

Kills all the mouse acceleration within TF2 and relies on Window native accel, which means my Razer is back to normal.

Got a massive domination with the +w +mouse1 as a pyro last night, got 2 ubers consecutively and was basically standing outside the enemy spawn on Pipeline.

Oh yeah -novid is a lifesaver, half of the time i was haivng hl2.exe crash at the end of the video, now it doesnt do the video no crashing.

16. jevan

jevan Member

Thanks to the wonderful Telstra monopoly, I won't have ADSL access at home until Friday next week at best (since they are connecting the phone line on Thursday at best and then Internode will take 5-10 days for the ADSL transfer). Epic fail.

So looks like this begins my long hiatus from tf2, since I'll be too busy with uni work to play come 2 weeks time. See you guys in pub servers in 3 months :p

17. angel Havoc

angel Havoc Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *takes breath* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

18. Sir Ghallahad

Sir Ghallahad Member

The same people that invented the uber? :confused:

Jev, seriously champ, who the fuck am I supposed to annoy in servers now.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  19. hoonda75

hoonda75 Member

I see what you did there!

20. angel Havoc

angel Havoc Member

pretty sure hoodoo is/was actually a custom made map, not one made by valve. although it doesn't sound too surprising even if it was valve that made it, i mean, look at goldrush and the sandman, for example.