Team OCAU LN2, cascade Bench day. Pics, video and results.

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Alba, Jul 2, 2010.

1. dinos22

dinos22 Member

got a call from Alba yesterday confirming the quadfire clocking issues were in fact volt related so we at least we know why it was acting a bit odd with 4 cards :thumbup:

how awesome....brisbane bench :thumbup:

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Thanks Dinos22 I still have that EP45T but haven't had the chance to give it run yet (finances). Tax return is coming so time to play especially as it's winter.

Briz OC 2 should be coming soon if some of the key players are interested (I'm best at organising but lack gear).

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Sorry if OT.

Woot looks like we are aiming for a Brisb meet on the 25/6/10 and will have some LN2 and hopefully take a vid as well.

Any tips for prep work Dinos22? Any OS builds we should know of?

4. OP
    OP
    Alba

Alba Member

Hmm that date is last month, do you also have a time machine:lol:

Prep work needs to be done properly if you want the board to survive.

Remove all heatsinks and anything else that you can from the board.

You will need a can of Protective circuit board lacquer ( I use the servisol brand).

Use masking tape to cover pci-e, ram and other slots, also cover any other parts that you will need to plug things to.

For the cpu socket, I mask up the pins and spray the center. I also remove the cpu retention bracket and backplate so you can spray the back easy.

After the lacquer is dry which only takes 10min or so you will need to build up the area around the socket to the same height as the cpu with art eraser (thats what we use as it's easy to apply and remove, plus it's cheap).

I have a classified here that I'm preping atm, I'll take a a pic of it later for you.

You then need some water proof neoprene(clarke rubber) to go over the art eraser, but you can use just a cotton cloth for a short session.
    You'll also need a piece of neoprene to cover the back of the board around the socket. I'll take pics of this to, it will make more sense.

Any other questions, just ask.

PS. Almost forgot, don't spray the vregs, cover them up, I used TIM and when the board is dry it wipes off easily. Leave all the stock TIM on the NB and so on and just wipe it off when the board is dry and apply new TIM.

5. dinos22

dinos22 Member

lol no need to go overboard like that

are you talking about insulating or just general prep for a bench session

6. OP
    OP
    Alba

Alba Member

Better to be safe than sorry right?

BTW, I'm itchin for a bench. We should make it a monthly thing. My place next time.

I got 2 GTX480's now.

Dinos22 loves nvidia, he's one of them whatcha call them....ah yeah, fanboi:p

7. Ka0sX

Ka0sX (Banned or Deleted)

yeah id be up for a Sess down round sydney area or melb......

Would love to do lnd or phase cooling have not been past water

8. Muzwa Kai

Muzwa Kai Member

looks like you guys had a lot of fun. im looking forward to our brisbane session. between a few of us we should get some good benching done. gotta figure out what hardware i have thats expendable :D

9. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Other guys are doing the run and there mobo's etc are already SS prepped. So more just OS, etc.

10. dinos22

dinos22 Member

you can jump on i4memory as we have done a lot of background work in the past so you can jump there and go through a number of threads from me, JAFFA, eva2000 and T_M going over services and things as well as nlite and vlite work on OSes to prepare them for 2D or 3D benching. This can be a long and tedious process so it really depends how much time you want to dedicate

Also try to set some small goals you want to get to and if its 3d test different drivers

most importantly have fun......results will come