Telstra finally competitive? 200GB ADSL2+ - $89.95

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Spizz, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Acidburn000

Acidburn000 (Banned or Deleted)

One reason I left internode.

Internode:
    200GB = $189.95

Changed to

One internet:
    200GB = $70

Now changing to TPG

TPG 8Mb Unlimited
    1000GB+ = $70

So you do the math why I change around.

I have a second line with One internet that I have for backup in case TPG is bad. I have been with TPG before! I spent about 3 years on their 1.5Mb unlimited plan, but left about 12 months a go for faster speeds.

2. gaz@jb

gaz@jb (Banned or Deleted)

So did iinet. :thumbup:

Looking at a very happy iinet customer right here, even though the call center is outsourced to South Africa, the people are so helpful and polite. :)

3. Sharkx

Sharkx Member

so apart from price being a deciding factor, Bigpond 200GB or TPG 200GB for ADSL2 WS? Which would you choose?

4. millsy

millsy Member

I'd go bigpond as you get the freezone and a steam server just for telstra subscribers. One would hope the service would be better but who knows

5. birdie

birdie Member

Apparently there are updated plans coming to Internode by the end of this week... (I contacted Internode to find out about churning away...)

6. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

true...as some of the above posts said..if you not on a internode or optus exchange port...you pretty much getting screwed over if you go node.

If you already got a telstra homephone/mobile or other service you could go telstra and save some money there combining your bill. Also you got free d/l from gamearena mirrors from the site and steam and such. If you havent got or dont worry about those factors though, then you problay better off with TPG.

7. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

Bigpond email out notice of plan changes in their newsletter.

If you chose to ignore these emails, not much your ISP can do as changing to the new plan may involve slightly different conditions or a new contract - therefore it won't be done automatically without consent.

8. millsy

millsy Member

Yeah, netspace for example started counting uploads

9. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

I get no such email. All I get is "Bigpond Member Offers" emails..and all these say are specials on product in there store like tv's and crap. It says nothing about internet plan changes.

With a little investigation...i search the site for a while and find a couple of links here and there you can subscribe/unsubscribe to these so called "newsletters'. Now if these "Bigpond Member Offers" emails are the 'newsletters'..well they dont say nothing...and if they there not well i'm not unsubscribed to the newletter and i once again go back to my orginal problem...telstra doesnt tell you anything unless its in their best interest to do so. I had no idea about these 'newsletters".

Same with the firmware on my elite modem...i got my service up and running. After a fews months of service my modem would disconnect and stuff alot...i thought this was just the "wireless" dropping out...but no. I discovered that a month after i activated telstra released a update in the firmware which dramactically improved signal quality...my modem hardly drops out anymore. I only discovered it while i was looking for the latest "Bigpond wireless manager".

It is stuff like this i wish telstra would send emails out for..and other things like plan changes.

10. Sharkx

Sharkx Member

So all the stuff I read about TPG's non-existent customer support shouldn't phase me? Is the service reliable enough I dont need to talk to tech's every month?

11. HumbleBum

HumbleBum Member

Infact.. iiNet have call centres in Auckland/Sydney/Perth and Capetown.. dependent on what time you call will depend who you get.. if you ring late at night.. then capetown it is..

12. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

last i had to talk to the tpg techs and i use the term techs loosely was months ago.

13. gaz@jb

gaz@jb (Banned or Deleted)

Fair enough, yeah Capetown it is then, I live out west and don't get to call till after work. :)

14. Merudo

Merudo Member

i hope this includes their off-net plans (ie their resold telstra ones)

cause TPG are so bloomin' cheap now and I'm still paying $69 a month (bundled lower price) for 30gb ADSL2+

15. Sharkx

Sharkx Member

Merudo, you aren't the young 21-year-old man from Bundamba who tattooed a 40cm penis on a mans back are you? :p

I'm going to wait a week or two and see what Internode release for Telstra WS.

16. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

:p nice find.

Yer..will be interesting what they come up with

17. Merudo

Merudo Member

I'm not! Though I did read that story and shake my head... only in ipswich, seriously. Only in ipswich. I'm a bit older than 21. and I wouldn't be getting a tattoo or doing one for someone!

Internode have updated plans now but it's still not good enough (if I change from my fast-30 plan to fast-50 ill pay an extra ten bucks a month and also potentially lose my adsl2 port, as changing speeds the internode rep said they need to submit to telstra wholesale a request to lower the speed to 1500 then another one to up it to the new plan :(

Fucking weird

18. birdie

birdie Member

Internode have updated their pricing for Telstra Ports:

http://www.internode.on.net/residential/broadband/adsl/fast/pricing/

I'm quite disappointed with their plans... all they really did was add 50Gb to the 100Gb plan... they didn't drop the price on it at all for the reach customers (which I'm one of)...

So looks like I'll be switching to Bigpond... where I can get 200Gb of Data (yes uploads are counted but they are only 5-6Gb most months with 100Gb on Internode) and only $90.90 with the phone line...

Internode could have done it right... I would have been fine to be paying the $70-80 a month for 100Gb even though its less than bigpond, but no they didn't drop the price at all...

19. millsy

millsy Member

Yeah that's a bit of a letdown on the node plans
    TPG not doing it for you birdie?

20. Merudo

Merudo Member

it did say in the whirlpool thread these plans were interim plans while they negotiate with Telstra wholesale