Telstra finally competitive? 200GB ADSL2+ - $89.95

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Spizz, Jul 23, 2010.

1. birdie

birdie Member

Yeah but how long do we as customers have to wait while they chuck a hissy-fit...

I'm getting a bit sick of Internode's attitude... I don't know how much longer I should be paying an extra $60/month for half the data...

EDIT:

As I told Internode Sales, (as I'm telling them I'm churning away), I can get the 200Gb plan for $69.95, and the phone line for $20.95, so for $90.90 I can get 200Gb of data, whereas on Internode I'm paying $159.90 for 100Gb and line rental... So it doesn't make economical sense to be paying $60/month more for less data...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  2. Sharkx

Sharkx Member

How very daft of them :confused: Think I'll move to TPG.

3. birdie

birdie Member

I just don't know if TPG is reliable enough...?

4. Kataton1c

Kataton1c Member

You won't find out until you move birdie.

I'm going to churn over in a few months after the dust settles on their new unlimited off-net plans.

I've got a very good line to my house and they do operate a half decent network from there.

5. Morphine

Morphine Member

Sounds like the unlimited plans have different contention ratios set on them.

As for the Smart Community, I really wish I didn't have to deal with Telstra as a service provider, but I have no choice. Although I got a $1500 credit, after being in the house for just 10 months, it's gone. I'd have gladly spent that money elsewhere with a different provider and plan. 50gig that counts up and down sucks in this day and age for heavy internet use.

6. a777

a777 Member

I think you need to determine how important support is for you. If you have had problems in the past or you need your hand held when things go wrong, then pay the extra for somewhere that provides good support. If you don't then take the savings. I've been with TPG since early 2006 and I can't tell you if their support is good or bad. I've never phoned them! :p I haven't e-mailed them either! I've changed my plan a number of times but always just use the online interface and it gets changed easily.

I was on ADSL until recently but have just switched to the new ADSL2+ TPG Off-net plans (ie Telstra ADSL2+ ports) and that was all done online too. I guess we'll see how it goes but so far I've had no complaints.

If you are having trouble with TPG support then a whim on whirlpool or an e-mail to their forum support people will probably help speed up the support process.

One other advantage is the TPG contract is only six months, so worse case you can switch back to Telstra (and lock in for 24 months) if you are unhappy.

I don't know that I trust the change in speeds or discussions on contention mentioned above, I'd be looking at other issues rather than TPG purposely throttling.

Feel free to try and get some feedback from other TPG users who are happy in the TPG thread on OCAU :D

7. Merudo

Merudo Member

believe me, I agree... I'm an internode customer too!

To be honest the ONLY reason I haven't churned to TPG is because of the churning process and how annoying it can be and how long it takes. so I guess I can't complain too much about the cost :lol:

8. fredhoon

fredhoon Member

I've just given internode ADSL1 the flick at my home address in favour of Telstra It only took a month of waiting for the useless Telstra monkies to confirm my address, then change the incorrect address they posted the SIK to and assigned to my account. The Internode "customer satisfaction consultant" asked me my reason for leaving and I told them point blank that congested (RIM's) ADSL1 was too slow for my needs and $110/mth for a SOHO 25G plan (incl. nodeline) was, by no stretch of the imagination, value for money.

It is a shame I decided to leave, not only have I essentially wasted ~ $300 of initial connection fees (i don't like contracts), I had to fight tooth and nail with Telstra in order to give them my money and i'm now on a 24mth contract and pay for uploads, which I don't like.

9. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

I churned from a resold TW service (with aaNet) to TPG on a TPG port and total down time was approximately 5 minutes.