1. Win some Team Group goodies in OCAU's latest contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Telstra finally competitive? 200GB ADSL2+ - $89.95

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Spizz, Jul 23, 2010.

1. thmrsh

thmrsh Member

Rapidshare Premium Account + 160GB Quota, uploads not counted.
    :)

2. Hive

Hive Member

Synced at 19Mbit, downloading at roughly 1.7MB/s

Used to get 150KB/s on adsl1

3. AussiePokerGod

AussiePokerGod (Banned or Deleted)

so they actually have this plan as of today?

4. PureFire

PureFire Member

5. Cpt Watermelon

Cpt Watermelon Member

PLAN CHANGE COMPLETE AWWWW YEAH

Good news! Your plan change request has been submitted for your new BigPond Elite Liberty (50GB) - ADSL 2+ plan, to take effect from three days from midnight tonight. We still need to perform further checks before we can confirm your plan change.

INTERNETS HERE I COME

6. Hive

Hive Member

Lol since when did bigpond have a sense of humor

[​IMG]

7. OP
    OP
    Spizz

Spizz Member

That's pretty funny.

8. silverbullet

silverbullet Member

I have been on a Zone2 family plan for about a month and the speed has been great, better than the shitty adsl1 that i was on.

9. Hive

Hive Member

For bigpond this seams like a psychotic break

Who the hell finally grew some balls and found out the concept of competition?

10. Cpt Watermelon

Cpt Watermelon Member

Probably some marketing gimp who ventured out of his cubicle saw the other plans being offered and promptly went ohh shii.

11. r8response

r8response Member

They've finally got a CEO that understands what consumers want.

12. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

They're obviously losing them in significant numbers for this to occur though.

$79.95 per month for 200GB when you've got a Telstra fixed line is very reasonable IMO. Peak and off-peak drive me nuts. Count it as a 100GB plan if you use P2P.

13. Copie

Copie Member

Or 70 PM if you have multiple telstra products bundled (ie mobile phone as well)

14. BuuBox

BuuBox Member

$69.95 for 200GB will be brilliant for those in Telstra only areas - since they probably have to use Telstra for their mobile services anyway.

Perhaps they're chasing customers at any cost - remember they're getting $2b to transfer customers to the NBN.

I mean I'm considering ditching TPG for this: TPG charge $69.99 for 100GB peak - the Bigpond network is worth an extra $10 per month for the same if using P2P (or double if not).

15. rush

rush Member

Indeed. Everyone with half a brain could see that Ziggy was incompetent and that Sol didn't give a fuck what happened to the company so long as he could screw it into the ground.

Once the insane appointment of CEOs ended, the insane actions ended.

Imagine being the CEO who had to come in after Ziggy and Sol and clean up after their bullshit. I think pretty much everyone on this forum would agree that these plans are a move in the right direction, a move towards undoing all that damage that was done.

The problem now is trust. Once bitten, twice shy etc.

The last time I was with bigpond (many years ago), they removed the AUP and put me on a 3GB cap in the middle of my contract. That must have been something like 7-8 years ago, when their value went to shit. It has taken them that long to reintroduce something that actually is competitive.... but after so long they have now built up the public perception of being a rip off.

16. mike-s

mike-s Member

And the outcome was? did you end up keeping with them until the contract finished? or did you break it? and if you did break, did they try and force early termination fee's? or did they concede they changed the rules halfway through the game & "allowed" you to break contract without fee's?

The last time i was with Telstra it was before adsl came along and i had a 2nd phone line installed and a 33.6k modem (was more reliable than a 56k as the standards hadn't been fully ratified when i got the line) and had a permanent line installed and my own /27 subnet. Costs were $500 setup and then paying 19c/meg with no monthly fee's thereafter, bargain!!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  17. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

This will give me some ammunition when I decide that my current plan of $100/month for 100Gig on cable just isn't a fair deal.

Nice.

18. brayway

brayway Member

Hopefully going to go over to the Big Kahuna (300GB /M) will call up to heck a few things tomorrow, more expansive than Telstra, but they do not count uploads, which is a must for me, as i Do run a game server :thumbup:
    They say no servers, but they said on WP that that is only for like 40 slot ones, mine is 16 Slot so its fine :cool: will be a nice upgrade from our current 50GB/M with Escape net for 129 and hte new one is 159

19. Hive

Hive Member

Honestly i doubt you will find use for 150GB

Today i have used 14GB down and uploaded 2GB

20. WooKiE_MaN

WooKiE_MaN Member

so basically, the uploads are free for these new plans?

just wanted to clarify this thats all