Telstra nosedive?

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by MR CHILLED, Aug 13, 2020.

1. KANNIS

KANNIS Member

Yeah It's gotten worse this year. I've been on messenger with up to 6 reps trying to get them to send me a new Modem or a Simcard that works with the 4G backup. I have one of those faulty ones that don't work. They keep passing me from 1 rep to another. Terrible. I'm moving to Aussie Broadband later this week, I've had enough, still not net since Wednesday last week.

MR CHILLED likes this.
  2. CQGLHyperion

CQGLHyperion Member

Mate of mine having issues since moving from FTTP to FTTN can't get this modem to connect (does sync) so it falls back to 4G which is throttled to the hilt and not to mention has crap coverage at his place anyway.

After enduring many attempts with chat and phone calls he went to our local federal member's office for help and is apparently having someone from Australia actually calling him some time.

MR CHILLED likes this.
  3. millsy

millsy Member

I've managed to get a real human once in the last year, and only then when I was trying to get a new service setup, it's fucking ridiculous. "Higher than usual" call volume my ass, you've cut back staff and not got more

MR CHILLED likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

So for some reason I'm now receiving marketing information about the new Samsung phones and telstra plans. Never asked for it, never had it before, never opted in or signed up for it. Naturally unlike virtually every other company on earth they don't get you to text "STOP" back to them to stop the marketing texts, they get you to call a 1800 number.

So I call it, "Press 1 to stop receiving marketing information from Telstra"......I press 1......then another question...."Press 1 to stop receiving telemarketing calls or door to door calls press 1"....so I press 1 again......and get this in return:

"Sorry we are experiencing higher than usual call volumes right now, please call back later"

Oh ffs :rolleyes: This company is just unbelievable.

Audionut and 8MadDog8 like this.
  5. GumbyNoTalent

GumbyNoTalent Member

1. Ring telstra and most likely fail at resolving issue.
    2. Fill the form in @ https://www.tio.com.au/
    3. Wait for someone who can resolve the issue call you.

Telstra customer for over 10 years, with 3 TIO complaints resolved, you must contact Telstra first and give them the opportunity to resolve issue, after that TIO is the first stop for me, I tell them that's where I'm going after the call if not resolved.

6. garnet

garnet Member

Cant even contact Telstra to cancel our HFC

7. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Step 1: contact Telstra, and get (likely) no where
    Step 2: message me your details, and I’ll get it looked at
    Step 3: praise me as your god

clonex, timace and bcann like this.
  8. caspian

caspian Member

Step 4: change provider to an organisation that actually has a working customer service department, and never go back.

Fred Nurk and bcann like this.
  9. Ripley

Ripley Member

Telstra has a working customer service department. They've outsourced it. It's now called the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman.

clonex, timace, caspian and 2 others like this.
  10. Zee

Zee Member

I have experienced this Telstra nosedive thing today.

A client sent me a text message this morning telling me that Telstra left a message saying they'll disconnect their NBN. I'm a "nominated representative" for about 10 clients, so I am a little concerned how many messages like this I have to look forward to...

The client has direct debit set up, has had it set up for many years, and said client is rather wealthy, so money is not an issue, and the client has the bank statement showing where the last bill was direct debited as it is supposed to be.

I called them on their 132211 (or whatever) number. I got told that my call is important, and I should go to the web chat, then was told again how important my call was before being disconnected.

Go to chat window (which, of course, does not have any way to deal with a disconnection notice), and was told to call their international number - +61 439 125 109

"Progress!", I though, called the number, entered the details... And back to the "your call is important, so take it to the chat window" and disconnected...

Seriously, what sort of Trollfuckery is this? How are these clowns still in business? In the meantime, the client is stressing that her net will be cut off today, and there is nothing she can do.

Z...

11. CQGLHyperion

CQGLHyperion Member

I'd say it was a scam caller they got a message from. It is a typical one going around at the moment.

TheWedgie and JSmithDTV like this.
  12. caspian

caspian Member

13. r8response

r8response Member

Contacted them via the "My Telstra" app. Cancelled my NBN connection. About 30mins of back and forth (It wasn't a real time conversation, more like SMS'ing each other)

14. power

power Member

so apparently NBN Co are snowed with orders at the moment and covid blah blah blah, also the big T offered to keep me on my cable pricing for 12 months and chuck me on 100/20 and keep the cable going up until the appointment which is completely fine so telstra lives to fight another day at my place. lol

here i was all ready to join everyone's fave company Aussie BB but their price wasn't competitive and i would have been offline for 7 weeks, ah no thanks.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  15. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

It’s going to get worse at Telstra. Word around is that massive job cuts in early Feb are coming

16. power

power Member

soon it will be a company of executives on a Zoom call to the shareholders and a bunch of bots.

17. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I'm not sure if there is any room for the service to get any worse than what it already is. It's some of the worst telco service these days than I've ever had with any company.

18. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

just wait until they close all the retail stores, and everyone is forced to use the messaging app

19. caspian

caspian Member

a bot versus an untrained, script reading, unempowered contractor who can only minimally communicate in English, operating from a sweatshop call centre somewhere in India, over a crappy VoiP line.

I was going to say I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference, but now I'm starting to think the bot would be preferable.

pretty close to 15 years to the day to destroy Telstra. well done, Sol and the corporate ilk that have followed you.

that will be just another nail in the coffin that Telstra have been building for themselves for years.

Zee likes this.
  20. Hive

Hive Member

Sometimes i wonder if Telstra's phone support just went to a message bank saying "Sorry, we can't help you, give up, get good, goodbye" it would be an improvement to what the current experience is. It's like they go out of their way to make your life a living hell, or they get pleasure out of wasting your time.

/rant