Telstra nosedive?

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by MR CHILLED, Aug 13, 2020.

1. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

try using messaging.. had a fault with my nbn service the other day, did the messaging thing. Nearly threw my phone across the room in frustration

2. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I think mobiles and mobile coverage is much less of an issue than their other services.

3. caspian

caspian Member

I have not had to contact Telstra for some time, but the last two occasions I had to rely on reaching out to former colleagues. now I'll just do the usual two-attempts-then-TIO route. I'm happy to try and use the support channel available, but I do have a basic expectation that it works.

4. Sven76

Sven76 Member

Got another Telstra email :- To bring you into line with our current plans we are going to charge you more for the internet you are using - But here are some great offers to switch too for not much more money again - Oh wait I can only have the credit offer if I am a new customer. But can't be a new customer as you are already putting up my existing plan.

All other companies seem to be competing on price whilst Telstra just keeps putting plans up???

5. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Yep, everyone else has reduced NBN plan prices, albeit apparently temporarily, i.e. 6 months on their NBN plans.

6. Sven76

Sven76 Member

This is inline with the offers for "New Connects" The plans are all $10/mth cheaper for the first 6mths. If I had not moved 2 of the mobiles previously I would now be about $350 /yr worse off for the same service I had.

7. power

power Member

new business > retention.

two attempts? that's generous. I go first level, escalate on call if not happy then TIO.

ain't nobody got time for calling twice.

elvis and bcann like this.
  8. KANNIS

KANNIS Member

He is soooo cute. Reminds me of myself about a year ago lol.

9. caspian

caspian Member

I said try. just a step in the process.

10. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Reminds me of the 10-15 years of bliss from the year 2000 when I could actually ring up and get a problem resolved quickly.

11. caspian

caspian Member

that was before they started outsourcing everything and abandoned any semblance of quality, as long as it was cheap. I was there at the time, and give thanks daily that I left when I did.

[edit] and there's no reason outsourcing has to suck. Telstra had other internal functions outsourced at the time and they were done really well. the difference being that they engaged a competent delivery partner, set strong expectations of performance and quality, and paid them adequately to deliver that.

but outsourcing of customer service functions always seems to be done on the basis of doing it on the cheap, and along with that comes the nasty.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
    TheWedgie likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I think this accurately and adequately demonstrates the issue.

2D9F0B6B-428F-45A1-AE24-DE1EAD13C5C6.jpeg

13. CQGLHyperion

CQGLHyperion Member

14. caspian

caspian Member

complaint count doesn't indicate much in of itself without also knowing the service base. interested to know where Dodo got the figures their calculations are based on.

supasaiyan likes this.
  15. power

power Member

i'd say it says a lot about the customer base too.

Dodo customers may have lower expectations so a minor outage is chalked up to shit happens and a telstra customer on a comparable product rings up and screams that their business is being ruined.

16. CQGLHyperion

CQGLHyperion Member

https://www.tio.com.au/reports-updates/tio-complaints-context-lowest-18-months

per 10k services in operation. So what DODO is saying is that per 10k services the provide they have the least amount (2.1 per 10k)

So from that it appears that DODO has roughly twice as many services in operation compared to ABB as they had a similar amount of complaints lodged.

Going by that data DODO has roughly 876,000 SIO where as Telstra has 20 million.

As power stated it could be an indication of how good your service people are at preventing customers from going to the TIO.

Statistics: The manipulation of raw data to make yourself look better than everyone else!

17. caspian

caspian Member

that data doesn't doesn't show total services in operation. it just shows new complaints per 10,000 services in operation.

if telco A had 10 new complaints and 10,000 services in total, their new complaint rate/10K services is 10.

if Telco B had 1000 new complaints and a million services in total, their rate is also 10.

there's also another way of "solving" that problem. fire any customers that complain. it's been done before.

18. CQGLHyperion

CQGLHyperion Member

Try using both sets of data.

19. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Telstra has looked after its employees well during the pandemic, but crapped out on the customer... I'm not surprised the TIO complaints have spiked because Messaging is shit

bcann and MR CHILLED like this.
  20. OP
    OP
    MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

So I change my credit card to pay a Telstra bill to get whacked a $1 charge for it :rolleyes:

What farking company charges you to change credit cards!?? Unbelievable.