1. Win some Team Group goodies in OCAU's latest contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Telstra vs Telstra MVNO

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by breno, Nov 7, 2019.

1. breno

breno Member

Hi guys,
    I got a quick question. Is there a performance difference between being with Telstra compared to one of the MVNO's? I'm looking at porting to Belong this week and apart from rural coverage, is there any other difference?

I want to move from Optus Network to Telstra network because when I get undercover, for example at a safeway in a shopping centre, I lose reception. The one place where I really use the 4G network 90% of the time, is the canteen at work under a mezzanine and I have never had reception there on Optus, everyone else sitting there watching videos etc. say they are Telstra and I've got 0 reception, can't even make a call...where's that first world problem thread? :p

2. sir_bazz

sir_bazz Team Papparazi

I'll give you a quick reply as no one else has. :)

If you want to use a Telstra MVNO and receive the full Telstra network experience then Boost is the only option.

All the others have small differences that may or may not be important to you.

breno likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    breno

breno Member

Thanks mate. I'll be going month to month on Belong so if I see no result, I'll try Boost on pre paid.

4. OP
    OP
    breno

breno Member

For future reference if anyone is questioning a similar thing, I now get 2 bars 4G where for years I couldn't even send a text message. What a massive difference!

alexb618 likes this.