The Android App Thread

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Susilo, May 6, 2010.

1. Carey

Carey Member

I haven't had a survey for 3 months! Not sure what's going on there...

I'll leave it running in background to see if it changes...

2. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

all of my surveys have been something like "which of the following stores have you been to?" (and then it'll have multiple choice like Telstra/Optus/Lexus/Target/Kmart etc etc)

3. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

Yeah, and about 18c worth lol.

4. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Google is starting to get more clever and learn a lot from this. It "knew" I went to The Ranch in Lane Cove last week, and then it gave me an option to confirm I visited there, and then give a review. I earned about 50c from that.

But the most random one was a week ago. It was advertising April as being National Testicular Cancer awareness month. I was rewarded $1 to literally have a feel of my balls. It even asked me which one hung lower than the other :thumbup: :lol:

5. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

If you like opinion rewards. Jump on your maps app and rate places you've been for other types of Google related rewards.

6. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

What software do you guys recommend to transfer mainly photos/music (maybe text messages), from a Samsung Galaxy S1 (running Cyanogen Mod), to a new android phone?

Or should I just copy the photos/music onto PC, and then copy back onto new phone? Will that work OK?

7. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

microSD card on both fones?
    and use ES explorer to move across

i used LGs app to move my shit onto my G4. worked really well. no hassles. uninstalled the apps afterwards :)

8. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

Don't think we have microSD cards
    I can copy/paste onto my PC if that is easier?

9. kenny34

kenny34 Member

The S1 has the slot for a microSD but maybe you haven't got the card. Either way, I'd copy everything to your computer. Good way to have a back up if anything goes wrong.

10. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

11. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

has anyone else started receiving questions in google maps about your recent locations?

eg; i went to mcdonalds yesterday, today i got a pop up from google maps asking all these yes/no/not sure questions and i got "points". The questions were like "does this place only accept cash?, does this place have organic produce?"

12. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

Yep go back a page to where I noted that Google Opinions are now doing it too.

It's a good thing they're doing. For a long time business listings have sat idle on Maps with incorrect information. Prompting people to fill out a quick survey will go a long way to more accurate data.

13. 303-Acid

303-Acid Member

14. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

15. dainese

dainese Member

16. FatBoyNotSoSlim

FatBoyNotSoSlim Member

When ES went to shit, I was recommended Solid Explorer. Have been using it since and have been very happy with it. Minimal material design ftw.

17. Imitation

Imitation Member

Yeah got my first maybe a month ago or more? It's part of their Explorer program (or something) as well I think. You get points for everything you answer. There's somewhere in maps where you can go and answer questions that might be waiting but not given you a notification. I had a shitload to go through. Does this place accept cash? Is this place busy for breakfast, lunch, dinner? Is this place good value for money? etc..

18. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

few months ago i purchased an app (can't remember what, but it was like 20c), after installing found it rubbish so i uninstalled it. Instantly I received a refund from googleplay store

Does anyone know if that is still available?

19. G-PhresH

G-PhresH Member

Yes.

Don't know the exact amount of hours, but if you buy an app and uninstall it in that time you get a refund.

Cant remember if there is a refund button or it just gives you your money back when you uninstall it.

20. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

you have a 15min window to return for refund. you can only do this once per app