The Android App Thread

Discussion in 'Google Android (OS & Devices)' started by Susilo, May 6, 2010.

1. Imitation

Imitation Member

You can also contact the developer directly and they can manually refund at their will. I think on the web version of Google Play you go to 'my account' or something and you can find the app, click the dots, report a problem, choose a reason and then I dunno what next.. or just email them. I remember doing it once and it was smooth and streamlined. I've read people say in some cases they received a refund even after the 15 minutes but 15 minutes is the official limit.

2. clonex

clonex Member

Cant close tapatalk even through settings> apps

Even with multiple apps open and i press "clear all" tapatalk will remain and even with reboot

http://i.imgur.com/g0vHDzT.png

3. Rezin

Rezin Member

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  4. Joe91

Joe91 Member

Hey all,

Two questions so far after swapping to Android after only using iOS my whole life:

1) Am after a calendar app with a widget that will show my next calendar items in a list view. Everything I've found so far just shows the calendar itself as a widget. I don't use calendars much and just want a simple list view of the next few events coming up, regardless of how far away they are.

2) There's all these apps on Play Store to optimise the phone, which delete junk, and keep the battery and memory running smoothly. Are these really necessary? The phone has Smart Manager but unsure of how useful it is.

Cheers.

5. kenny34

kenny34 Member

No1, don't know. No2, don't bother with them. Much the same as the PC programs which say they'll turn your comp in to a lightning fast beast, and does nothing.

6. Rezin

Rezin Member

'Today - Calendar Widget' by Jack Underwood.. search for it on the play store.

7. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

The Google Calendar app does agenda view, personally I use Business Calender, it has a cleaner design and customisable

What phone are you running? With android 5.0 and above, it should manage your apps in the background better than the old versions, making those memory cleaners obsolete. A phone reset every few days helps if you feel lag after a while.

8. Joe91

Joe91 Member

Thanks all.

I got Today - Calendar Widget and it's perfect, bit expensive for what it is but happy to pay given its what I'm after.

Noted advice re: performance boosters too. Does the same go for anti-virus/malware apps?

9. EvilGenius

EvilGenius Member

No need. Get all your apps from the play store, don't turn off the 'allow installation of apps from unknown sources' setting and it's no different to your iphone.

10. dohzer

dohzer Member

For some reason in the last day or two the SMSs I've received have been displayed with "No Translation Required" prefixed to the message. But it only appears when I drag down the top menu bar to view the message. When I open the Messenger App it isn't there.

It basically means I get no message preview because the translation message takes up the majority of the preview.

11. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

backup your messages and clear cache and data ?

12. dohzer

dohzer Member

Is there an official app or method to do that yet? It's always been a bit hit and miss when I've used a third party app.

13. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

Sorry, cant help you on that front. i've never been that attached to my messages/emails so i've never looked into it
    happy to do a factory reset every now and then, just for the fresh feeling :)

14. danyell

danyell Member

No, but SMS Backup and Restore (playstore app) works well.

Interestingly, I've seen the translation message briefly on my phone, too. I have my messenger notifications set to private on my lock screen, though. I saw it in the app.

15. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

yep, i just used this app the other day to backup and restore my messages. You need to install an additional app after installing SMS Backup (can't remember the name)

16. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Not sure if it's just happening to just my phone, but when I get a notification from eBay (eg, auction x ends in 4 hours) and I open the link, it opens in chrome. There's no option to open it in
    the eBay app.

I've cleared the default preferences for chrome, Gmail and eBay. And the next time I open the link, the only option is to use chrome always or one time. I've deleted the ebay app, and redownloaded the app and it's the same thing. There used to also be an option when I opened eBay URL in chrome, to open in app but that's gone too

17. NanoDuke

NanoDuke Member

I've got a similar issue with my LG G4, but on the Realestate.com.au app. I get email alerts for properties, and sometimes it opens the web browser, sometimes the app. It's strange.

18. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

Got my nonna a smart phone (cause there really isn't any flips left out there).

Two Apps I'm after....

1. A easy way to answer and hangup the phone. The swipe to answer is probably not the best. All I need is the screen to basically have half a green box saying Answer, the other half a red box, saying Hang Up. If you answer, then the next screen just has a red box to hang up, which then returns to the home screen.

2. A easy way to put all the phone contacts onto the main screen. The default widget is 1x1, so I'd like the same thing but being able to resize them.

19. hosh0

hosh0 Member

Last time I had to do this a few years back I used a launcher called wiser. Can't remember if it does everything you're after but might be worth checking out

20. TRG.dOinK

TRG.dOinK Member

I'll check it out.

What would be ideal is two apps.

1. A Dialer only app... big numbers, with a green button to call. Do not need to see any contacts etc. Just a big dial pad and a delete button.

2. A Contacts only app... pretty much exactly like the same screen as when you favorite your contacts in the latest android version. I like this because you can see the persons face + name, and all she needs to do is click on the picture to call that person.

If anyone can help out (or heck even create them) I'd appreciate it! Probably wishful thinking though.