The Beginning

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by C-BuZz, Jun 21, 2005.

1. OP
    OP
    C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

no need to be a smartass, if you think there's somthing wrong with the system im happy to discuss it & correct.

As far as im concerned, I think that -25hg @ -54c is good for a free compressor :thumbup: & I highly doubt it will die after 3months... & if it does, i've got 10 just like it ready to replace it with ;)

Why on earth would I need to resize the capillary tube?

This system will be benched very shortly under load, & I like posting my results as I go. If you dont like it, dont read it.

C-BuZz

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  2. dinos22

dinos22 Member

hehehe

is that why you're getting yours heheh....I love this summer I tell ya that.....the best summer weather in a looooong time....not good for OCing hehe :tongue:

3. groovetek

groovetek Member

its' fukn 42 deg down here in melb tomoro! time to lock myself in my house and turn on air con full blast...

hehehe... nothing like human adaptation to hot weather. :thumbup: [/sarcasm]

4. dinos22

dinos22 Member

don't sweat it dude

there's gonna be plenty of cold beer flowing tomorrow night ;) after first or second 6-pack i don't think it will matter much cause i'll probably be going nude hehehehhe wooohooo

this is totally going OT

......back to that nice phase system...............hey C-BuZz what chip are you going to test it on now.......bloody AMD CPUs in cold bugs=not much fun in real cold :(

5. OP
    OP
    C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

6. kayl

kayl Member

looking good there cbuzz. (dont need "-" ie -25Hg there cbuzz, once ya reach 0psig, the letters change to Hg which means vacuum)
    at load that 25Hg will rise in pressure, more like 10Hg and -50c at load. 25Hg wont have muc capacity as there is hardly any gas in the system at all, static charge will be like 60psig.

Are you going to completely enclose that system??
    if so you will need to either draw air through the condenser then have other fans on other side of case to suck air out.
    Or if you can have fans on other side of the condenser so it draws the air out of the case through the condenser can get away with not using more fans.
    I found this out the hard way with my water chiller, after a few hours its like 50c plus inside box. after reversing fans box kept close to room temp :thumbup:
    looks like dinos22 is gonna have a sweet system there cbuzz.

7. javascripterror

javascripterror Member

How are those temperature controllers going any results yet? Have you thought about using one of the commercial units to set and monitor sub zero temps.

8. OP
    OP
    C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

thx for the tip :o

static high untuned is around 100 so pretty close guess there.

will be tuning underload today so Hg always changes. I still like to see how low she can go unloaded.. Gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside..

yes going to be completely enclosed. I dont think heat inside the box is going to be a prob, notice the 240v fan bolted directly behind the compressor :thumbup: with the two 120mm blowholes directly behind it hehe, works a treat so far even without the sides attatched.
    I was thinking of adding 2 x 120mm suction holes at the front, but not to sure if i'll need them? might be a good idea for fresh airflow from front to back of box as the 240v fan is pretty powerful.

still waiting on my shipment of blueice LCD's from the states. They must have been caught up in the Christmas rush.

Would never use the commercial unit, they are way to expensive & dont do what I want it to do.

C-BuZz

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  9. OP
    OP
    C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

10. dinos22

dinos22 Member

hmmmmm anyone say 65nm Intel heheheheh :leet:

11. OP
    OP
    C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

yer.. I gave it another crack & finally got the 144 to boot, doing some occt testing at the mo. Man can only bench @ 2.5Ghz/1.6v with these temps. Both optys r crapping out :(

Personal record unloaded hehe
    [​IMG]
    Click to view full-sized image!
    Hosted by UGBox Image Store

C-BuZz

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  12. dinos22

dinos22 Member

what are load temps in windows like at those settings.....

13. OP
    OP
    C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

started out @ -18c, I was tuning the system most of the way through the test. by the end of the test it was @ -24c & still dropping. the graph looks funny :p then drops to -38c/-40c at the end.

i'll post result pic up as soon as I put the system back together & online.

C-BuZz

14. OP
    OP
    C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

15. DeNs

DeNs Member

It's a damn shame those optys are cold bugged :( If my 146 goes alright under DICE, considering we probably live close-ish I might see if you wanna put it under that little blackbox of yours :p

Anyway, hopefully you'll have some more luck with those CPUs. Bit of a shame that there's such a thing as being too cold, esp. when it's above -100C.

---dens

16. OP
    OP
    C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

indeed, well i've got a good 146 comming with a good stepping, so hopefully doesnt have the cold syndrome.

this black box is going to dinos22 in NSW. i've got another just like it which I use as my daily rig, & your welcome to come over for a benching session :)

Im in Boronia 3155... 3150 is that Knox?

C-BuZz

17. kayl

kayl Member

system is coming along nicly there.
    So ya already got those temp displays working, that was quick cbuzz :thumbup:

18. OP
    OP
    C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

thnaks, thats just a vapo chill controller heh, im not that quick! still have to get the parts for the lcd.

C-BuZz

19. groovetek

groovetek Member

couldn't you simply choose an alternative gas that has doesn't quite go as low in temperature at a given pressure, but still has high heat capacity so that the idle temperature isn't too low for the cold bugged a64s, but still decent performance for high clockage?

20. OP
    OP
    C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

absolutely.

all you'll need is your Hvac cert :lol:

so stuck with R290/R22 for the moment.

C-BuZz