The Big Air Cooling Sticky!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Lardman, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Ice009

Ice009 Member

Where did you get it from? How is the RAM compatibility and also does it block the PCI-e x16 graphics card slot if that is the first one on your MB? Oh, and does it come with AM4 mounting?

2. terrastrife

terrastrife Member

Amazon or Newegg
    Pretty normal
    No on three different boards
    Yes

Mine has an extreme convex base so it's great on Intel but sucky on Ryzen. Not everyone seems to have the same base finish.

3. Ice009

Ice009 Member

Alright, thanks for the info. Any chance you could give me a link to the seller you got it from, or do you not remember if it was Amazon or Newegg? Oh, and how much did it cost?

4. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

You can get Thermalright coolers from their store on Taobao via superbuy (it seems to be closed atm though due to Chinese new year) or JD (joybuy) with a lot more variety since many new Thermalright coolers seem to be China exclusive, I bought their new Thermalright AS120 plus + AXP 90 full copper already and their new TS120 rev.B is on the way. I must say their cooler is quite cheap and good even you considering shipping you get significantly better coolers than what you get from our local retailers.

I am also wondering if anyone uses Prolimatech coolers before and if they are any good?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020 at 2:43 AM
  5. jwai

jwai Member

Last year, I rebuilt my PC to the specs in my signature inside a Fractal Design Define Mini C case. Now I'm looking to replace the stock Wraith Stealth cooler with something else.

I'm looking to get hold of a low profile cooler because I don't overclock, and it gets around the issue of getting some gigantic tower cooler to both fit into the case and around other internal components. Even better would be one that has an RGB fan so I can see if the PC is powered on from a distance. The power LED on the case is often hard to see from outside the room because it is deeply recessed, and I tend to forget that the PC is even on as a result.

Is that going to be a bad idea?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020