The Big Air Cooling Sticky!

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by Lardman, Aug 26, 2008.

1. pH@tTm@N

pH@tTm@N Member

however, the prosiphon is mean't to easily beat the noctua, and many AIO's, plus no moving parts other than the fan...... might need to drink a bit, loosen the wallet a little :p

2. sammy_b0i

sammy_b0i Laugh it up, fuzzball!

$200 for a Single tower Noctua cooler, what the actual f*ck.

3. Recharge

Recharge Member

beat.. enough to justify the price tag? hell I don't think the price tag of the bloody noctua is worth it :lol:

4. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

5. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

That also means another 20% increase in price or more. :( Noctua coolers are like the Ferrari of air coolers now and they sell you accessories at apple pricing, the U12S I bought has some QC issues and I am not exactly pleased considering how expensive it is. :mad:

I am waiting on ProArtist A5 to come out which is basically the same configuration as U12A with a better look and I heard it is also gonna be slightly cheaper than U12A but dunno when this will come, there is a review of the ES A5 vs NH-D15 and U12A and it seems to be able to go toe to toe with Noctua hopefully we can see a Noctua killer with tasteful design ;)

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1MJ411y7Qv?from=search&seid=16685899816296376110

6. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Yeah the U12A is kinda overpriced but I think it is due to the fans, can't imagine how popular the A12 Chromax will be...

Interesting! These guys are prolimatech? Great coolers back in the day, loved the megahalems.

nCrypt likes this.
  7. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

Yep this new brand ProArtist is founded by an ex prolimatech employee, too bad Prolimatech is focusing on making OEM coolers now from my research so I doubt we gonna see anything new from them in the future :(

Hopefully I will get their coolers in my hands by the end of the year and do a review when I have spare time from work, their budget cooler G3 is currently only 20AUD on Taobao and JD and it performs better than the 60AUD Coolermaster Hyper 212 or the 50AUD Deepcool Gamaxx 400 familes we get in Australia.

raincloudx likes this.
  8. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

Hey guys I am just wondering if Thermalright coolers still have the concave base issues? I did some research a few days ago and found out about this issue :(

9. HobartTas

HobartTas Member

I bought some a year or two ago and they have a mirror finish now and from what I can see they appear to have a perfectly flat base.

10. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

Having got 2 of those 75$ fans in my case, they are easily the best fan i have ever used. and they feel awesome before even installing. its like you know when you have a cheap PSU, its light, a good PSU, has weight to it. Same with fans. these are heavy fans, so damn good but.

Been looking at the air u12a for the MRS, her r5 2600 cuirrently has the noctua NH-L9a, which keeps the r5 2600 to 35-40 degrees in desktop and mid 50's in games, good little cooler.

U12A in chroma black would be nice :)

Also U12A is basically same performance as the D15, but in 120mm compared to 140mm!

11. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

12. DarkWorld

DarkWorld Member

Anyone here interested in an air cooler "tier list"? Need something to do while detoxing myself from games haha

13. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Yeah that would be interesting thanks!

14. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

Would be nice to see a tier list particularly a listing including those Taiwanese brands other than Noctua and Bequiet :thumbup:

15. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Scythe are really interesting, the Fuma 2 is the only really high end air cooler that can fit the O11 Dynamic, but it’s been out of stock for ages

16. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

I thought Thermalright Silverarrow ITX would fit the O11 Dynamic too? It is just under 150mm :Paranoid:

17. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Oh is that a mini version eh? Will have to look it up thanks

18. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member

raincloudx likes this.
  19. zoki_007

zoki_007 Member

Cooler recommendations for AMD 3700x around $70-100 mark? Slight O/C

20. DarkSnipa

DarkSnipa Member