The BIG Apple iPhone 3G 'S' Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Jun 9, 2009.

1. CordlezToaster

CordlezToaster Member

they answer quicker than 30mins trust me i rang and logged my phone best customer service ever, you might be comparing there call centre with india.

2. bumzilla

bumzilla Member

Anyone know of any good website URL's. Want to play around withcool new nifty backgrounds/games/apps etc. I have the new 3gs iphone 16g.
    Cheers all!! :D

3. jas0nt

jas0nt Member

man shazam is such a fucking sweet tool.

was in my mate's car and 'infinity 2008' was playing on the radio.

me: what's this song?
    mate: dunno
    me: hold on *whips out iphone and turns on shazam*
    me: it's infinity 2008
    mate: wtf
    me: *explains how shazam works*
    mate: NO WAY :wired:

coolest thing that happened to me today :D and to make things even sweeter, 15 minutes ago he was saying how overrated the iphone was :lol:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  4. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

my workmate showed me that too. have to have the intarweb for it to work obviously but yes it has the cool factor to it.

so i take it you jailbroken your 3GS then?

5. jas0nt

jas0nt Member

ah the benefits of having 3G with you where ever you go :)

6. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

I just spent 4 hours sorting out my new MobileMe account. So far I'm loving it. I've spent most of the time sorting out a PST file I'd been using to archieve emails from hotmail, gmail, and three iinet accounts over 10 years of usage. I'm not done yet, I've only got the iinet (two will be easy) accounts to sort out and it will be complete, buhahaha. The not so fun part is having to edit all my accounts for games/registrations/employment related contacts and have my profile updated to the new MobileMe account.

The email synching and push is amazing, works brilliantly. The same goes with synching my contacts and calendars (via push), which I now have in action between my iPhone, Netbook, and PC. I've also configured gmail to autoforward all emails to the MobileMe account and I've tested it, works perfectly. Leaves no email on the server and I can archieve or delete accordingly as it comes. And since I still use google calendar, blogger, and gtalk, I keep the service open and configured on my iPhone and I can send from the gmail account if I need to. I've also configured gmail to "fetch" emails (deletes it too from source) from my hotmail account which I also need for hotmail purposes. As soon as the hotmail email is fetched, it also get's archieved in gmail so it doesn't clutter email. Gmail fetching of email also has the ability to reply using the fetched mailbox's address, so if need be, I can communicate and have emails sent received from hotmail account to whoever.

MobileMe, the name is so appropriate.

And I didn't pay $119 per year subscription for it either. I paid $55 for it for the year. I figure with 20GB of space, 200GB traffic per month, and also the Find My Phone service, it's pretty cheap. Especially considering I don't have a domain registered and I can't complain with a @me.com address as it's nice and simple. So far so good.

edit:

I've also tested and impressed a friend many times on the highway on the way to the coast using shazam on a shitty EDGE/non-3G connection :lol:

7. [KEi]SoVeReIgN

[KEi]SoVeReIgN Member

How'd you score that?

8. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

http://twitter.com/applesalesman

The mac1 store based on fyshwick has a twitter account who just finished off a deal also, with 12 month subs at $59. I've heard others buying from ebay (maybe more risky).

Anyway, only had 5 hours sleep. Time to finish off this mission consolidation business and hopefully by the end of the day I'll be completely 'push' email-wise :leet:

9. leighzor

leighzor Member

question:

if your with optus or vodaphone to check your cap and download usage is there a in phone site or app? use to be with 3 and they had a planet 3 thing which showed me all of my call usage etc

also:

if i have a existing number with 3 and want to get a iphone on a optus or vodaphone plan can i transfer my number without 3 charging me money or hassling me for bailing?

10. OldnBold

OldnBold Member

Yes .. you have number portability. The only reason that 3 would hassle you is if you were breaking a contract/refusing to pay out any existing contract.

11. chriz

chriz Member

iiQuota Lite is the App. For Voda you have to sign up on MyVodafone on the website first then it gives you a user/pass

Question:

HEADPHONES! Is there any pair of non-Apple (hate white) headphones with the following
    1. Volume control
    2. Microphone
    3. Ability to change song up and down

12. minireza

minireza Member

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=383

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=384

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=432

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=430

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=373

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=397

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=398

13. chriz

chriz Member

Ok so basically decent headphones with microphone $100
    add another $100 if you want to change song.

Argh

edit: I stand corrected. the Ultimate Ears Super Fi4Vi only answers and takes calls. Only the Fi5Vi controls music/video which is closer to $300. lol.

14. Cycle86

Cycle86 Member

ChinoPD thanks for that mate i just bought my mobileme subscription for $58, thanks for the info!

15. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

No worries buddy. I finished my email mission early this afternoon. Two deleted iinet accounts (re-routed registrations to new mobileme), one iinet account (primary for my internet account) autoforwarding to my mobileme, hotmail being fetched by gmail and gmail autoforwarding straight to my mobile me. Everything sync's up quite nicely and push is so far within the minute of change from either from my netbook, desktop, and iphone.

I'm going to toy with other features this week, but so far I can confirm that find my phone feature works well :lol:

edit:

Probably the most popular pinball game on the iPhone, grab it while it's free. Awesome graphics at butter smooth fps (3GS here):
    http://tinyurl.com/dxkvkp

16. amac38

amac38 Member

hey mate.

i've just bought an iphone off the forums here, with 1 year extended warranty through telstra, rather than the AppleCare Protection Plan direct from Apple.

is there anything I should worry about? Or are they basically the same?

say for example, one of the many things go wrong outlined here, who would I follow it up with?

if it makes any difference, he's in Victoria and I'm in WA.

Cheers in advance :thumbup:

17. josh81

josh81 Member

He said "spend 30mins on the phone", not;- 30mins on hold before talking to them. Sure they answer quickly, but once you're talking to them, it's very tedious.

Yeah Shazamm is a great app, i've got Shazamm on my Nokia symbian handset, very cool and helpful.

18. Joseph

Joseph Member

Has anyone got hotmail working on their iphone?

19. Cycle86

Cycle86 Member

i just created a gmail account and had my hotmail forwarded to it, works fine :thumbup: if u have mobileme tho just have it forwarded to that instead

20. Kaji

Kaji Member

So, I'm thinking of purchasing the 16gb 3g S in a couple of weeks, just waiting for 3's pricing plans to see if they're radically different.

Just a few questions;

Which has the better coverage, Optus/Voda/3? I'm talking big coverage differences here, not smaller ones. Not really caring about Telstra, I saw their plans, way too expensive.

Jailbreaking (if allowed by mods) - if you do it, what functionality do you lose? I can't see many non-Apple Store apps that would make me do it. Still, I'm a little confused as to what it breaks.

Do you need a Mac for *anything* at all that can't be done on a PC? I can't imagine you would, but just making sure. I could use my girlfriend's mac if desperate, but oh god those mac fangirls :p

Thanks!