1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The BIG Apple iPhone 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ozdavo

ozdavo Member

I chose the GRIFFIN REVEAL ETCH IPHONE 4, & my confirmation email also lists it to ship 27/09 & delivery date of 29/09

2. mazmorbid

mazmorbid (Banned or Deleted)

^^Bugger.. I didn't even read the email, mine says 06-09-2010 for the Black iPhone 4 Bumper .. :(

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Give what up? Are you another disbeliever? The phone has an issue, which even Jobs has admitted.

4. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Ok, so i have a number of apps that I bought 2 years ago.. (they were free at the time..) but now they show up as $12.99 etc.. is there any way to check if I can redownload these for free? ie, if I hit buy, how can I be certain that its going to be free, and not $12.99?

5. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Anyone have a list of improvements over the previous gen iphone?

6. mazmorbid

I don't care, this whole antenna issues is done and dusted .. get over it.

7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Many people do and denying it or sticking your head in the sand doesn't make it go away.

8. mazmorbid

I think you should be right to download them again, it should be saved in your iTunes account, even if it says a price and purchase it will then tell you after that you have already purchased this app previously.

Can you see the title of this thread ? Does it say whinge and bitch and keep harping on about the same thing over and over ? no .. it says DISCUSION, and this has already been discussed ..

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  9. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Better reception then the 3gs by a country mile. Must have a kick arse antenna.:shock:

IPHONE 4 BUMPERS BLACK-ZML
    Ships: 06/09/2010
    Delivers: 08/09/2010

Assuming these are being shipped within Australia I think 4+ weeks for a bumper is a bit rich. I wonder if they've done that to force buyers to buy an interim one.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010
  10. The Beast

The Beast Member

Not sure but keen to hear back if you find out. I know you can transfer from one to the other as I synced my iPod Touch which had a heap of apps I had paid for on it, and then my iPhone 4 picked them all up when I subsequently synced it to the same computer.

You mean apart from the antenna, reception and low signal strength call and data handling being massively better?

This might help. http://tinyurl.com/3yv5gvj

And this. http://tinyurl.com/2etjkpt

:rolleyes: Just because the signal indicator drops some bars visibly doesn't mean the phone has a problem, attenuation is a fact of life with any phone, the iPhone 4 is no different. If anything, it actually handles low strength signals much better than previous generations thanks to an improved SNR.

Perhaps sticking your head in the sand would make the problem go away?

11. leonami

leonami Member

So for those of you that own one currently and have owned the previous 3GS. How are you finding the battery life increase? Is it substantially, noticeably better than the previous iteration of iPhone?

That was the kicker for me when I was considering maybe buying into the iPhone 3GS objectively for the Apps, OS and Convenience factors...

I mean I want to hate so bad but unfortunately my rational side is allowing me to remain calm, composed and objective. 18 hours of iPhone launch, over 30 hours of being awake and 12 hours of the most restful sleep ever to watch about 400 or so iPhones walk out the door over 2 stores with barely any breaks really makes me want to hate them so bad. I have seen customers willing to increase their expenditure on phones by two even three or fourfold, change numbers, change entire phone habits and wait for 12+ hours just to own one of these 'magical' devices. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of phone calls I've answered only to answer "No, No, Bye" when asked about iPhone stock whilst in the middle of connecting an iPhone with masses of people queued out the door for one.

There is a level of smug, arrogance and yuppie that seems to come attached with ownership of one these devices that is completely unprecedented BI (Before iPhone). I am reminded of the South Park Episode regarding owning Hybrid Cars and "Smug levels" when thinking about iPhone customers.

Anyways, venting and ranting aside. My original question still stands, does the new iPhone deliver quite well in the Battery department? And if you're one of those technophiles that change their phone whenever something big comes out, how does this compare to say the likes of a Galaxy S (the first phone I have ever encountered in the sales environment that ACTUALLY is a legit alternative to the iPhone) and other Android devices?

12. The Beast

The Beast Member

It surely has to do with stock levels - I know in the US they have run out of the Apple bumpers which is why I think they are offering third party cases instead. In many ways I'm starting to be glad this antenna non-issue has been given so much media attention - I get a free case :D.

13. ~kraven

~kraven Member

I'm finding it to be a huge improvement.

I have 4 exchange accounts with push, calenders, contacts etc. type and read emails, sms. Make a good number of calls, wifi, 3g browsing etc and feels as if the battery is mush better. Meaning that before, in a day i would be at less than 20% with my 3GS, currently hovering on about 50% on the iPhone 4 and feel i've used it a lot more today (gaming etc)

14. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Just genuinely interested in the improvements as I have considered buying one.

Just because you don't think there is an issue doesn't mean this isn;t one. There is an issue with the phone, jobs has admitted it, so have you earlier.

And the second comment in that thread:

ROFL.... :lol:

Can you see the title of this thread? It says iPhone4 discussion......not "everything bad to do with iphone4 is not to be discussed".

15. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Well that bites :thumbdn::thumbdn::thumbdn:

I originally bought IM+ about 2 years ago as a 'free' launch app. I've since wiped my iphone/upgraded it etc. So i go to the app store to redownload it for free, and its charged my account $12.99... I've reported it as a problem so we'll see what apple says..

Q1259 Palringo Instant Messenger, v1.1, Seller: Palringo Limited
    Report a Problem Free
    Q1259 IM+ All-in-One Messenger, v1.0, Seller: SHAPE Services GmbH
    Report a Problem Free
    Order Total: $0.00

16. mazmorbid

^^ You used the same iTunes account ?

17. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Yeap.. I have only 1...

18. !JonZap!

!JonZap! Member

there are silicone cases on ebay for $1.27 shipped

19. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

These are the cases that will stop the antenna issue?

20. Matt_NZ

Matt_NZ Member

Did you restore a backup of your old iPhone onto your new iPhone 4? If you do that, all your apps will be as they were on your previous phone, including all their personalised data and settings. That would be the best way to transition from one model to the next...