1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The BIG Apple iPhone 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Foos

Foos Member

hmm

Telstra have activated my account, and not ported the number correctly.

Niceeeeeee.

So i have 2 mobiles with the same outgoing CLI.
    If anyone calls from a Telstra SIM / land line it goes to my iphone 4.
    Calls from any other network go to my iphone 3g.

phail :(

(sucks when I have huge knowledge of how industry porting works, but I can't get through to the Telstra hippies what they need to do)

4 phone calls, and they've called me twice. Back on the phone to them

P.s Telstra customer service suxx... I forgot how bad :(

2. mazmorbid

mazmorbid (Banned or Deleted)

Think the thread should be changed to "The BIG Apple iPhone 4 and Telco Discussion" .. :sick:

3. bcprowor

bcprowor Member

ahhh that sux bad

Mines still waiting to be activated

Waiitng to be activated, its been 1.5 hrs so far... just updating and syncing files with my itunes for now and adding contacts

Not much I can do until the service is activated

4. brayway

brayway Member

Just talked to 3 , they said that i will receive the phone either tomorrow, or next friday and i will receive a txt either that day or the day before, so heres hoping i will get a text today haha, also just purchased a Dock for it :thumbup:

5. Braedz

Braedz Member

iPhone showed up today, not bad for ordering it on Tuesday lol

6. Bleemv1

Bleemv1 Member

seems like places are getting stock now.

Had a call from JB Hifi and Telstra Shop saying they had stock for me. Don't think i was that high up on the list either.

7. Foos

Foos Member

still no joy with telstra porting my number

even after 3 calls today.

Finally got someone who sounded like they knew what they were doing - but they failed also.

Made them unlock my phone for free tho.

8. jakkz

jakkz Member

Where you porting from? After 4 phone calls I finally got my porting issue (3 to Telstra) resolved. Was escalated on the 4th call, provided me with a timeframe of 24-48 hours but was activated after 1 hour :thumbup:

9. Madllama

Madllama Member

I had this happen to me when I ported from Virgin to Vodafone a couple of years ago. Worst thing was that my account wasnt cancelled with Virgin so they just kept happily charging monthly fees. When it came time to clean up the mess both companies denied that it was possible and blamed the other one. :mad:

10. !JonZap!

!JonZap! Member

The cases from buyincoins_au arrived (clear hard case and silicone case). The silicone case is awesome for the $1.26 it cost me, great fitment etc but the $1.27 hard case had a small issue as the top left corner didn't want to clip in. To fix the hard case, I heated the corner up with a heatgun then clipped the phone in, now it fits well.

11. Azrael

Azrael Member

My ones from DealExtreme arrived... pity that my iPhone hasnt.

12. brayway

brayway Member

same here haha though i just got a txt from "3" "your iPhone 4 delivery is scheduled to be in the next 2 business days" YAY :D

13. mazmorbid

I want to have a bitch about the quality control of apple, I mean it can't be that hard ?? I have 2 iPhone 4's and the difference between them is ridiculous, one I have to have the screen brightness up much higher than the other, one has a bloody yellow flash and the other is a nice clear white and they both take a totally different picture (colour wise) .. geez what rubbish for $1000 phone !!! God knows what other things are different between them !!

14. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Interesting... worth getting it exchanged then if the difference is that bad.

15. brayway

brayway Member

Mine just arrived :D and for anyone wondering the iPhone from "3" DOES come with a micro Sim :thumbup:

Great, now i cant take my eyes off of the screen, it is so amazing!! haha

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  16. mazmorbid

So I can get another that's different again ? Think I might just take both of them back, the last few days people have been calling my wife (Nokia) because they can't get me on my number, they say they leave a message but I don't receive anything, might just stick with my 3GS :(

17. Daveee

Daveee Member

Ok, I have some noob iphone questions you guys might be able to help me with... Bare with me if they have already been answered.

1) What is the best way to install itunes to have minimal impact if I already have a large collection (40gb) of individual mp3s? I currently have Windows Vista installed, but my installation is dying and I was thinking of upgrading to Win 7. Should I install Win 7 and itunes then load my MP3's across? Someone was telling me not to turn the istore on?

2) What is the best slim case to buy? I want as slim as possible and something mainly just to protect scratches.

3) Where is a good place to buy accessories? I would like to buy a holder thing to use GPS in my car.

4) For my plan I was just going to look at my current call hours + sms and work out which cap I need to fit into, sound fair? The Optus plans look pretty good for me, although what is this good Telstra discount going around? to get more data on the $49 plan?

18. HUMMER

HUMMER Member

well for starters you are not going to fit 40GB of mp3s in any iphone. so you are going to have to trim that list of mp3s just a touch. read as slash and burn. get rid of ones you dont listen to. as in dont add it in itunes. dont mean delete it permanently off your pc. or you could pick and choose the songs you want to sync on to your phone by whatever categories. you choose.

19. jamesl33t

jamesl33t Member

Why's this?

20. Foos

Foos Member

finallyyyy they ported it - after I spammed their twitter.

Lesson to anyone with Telstra problems. : hit them on Twitter - as they have social media teams WHO DEAR GOD MIGHT EVEN BE AUSSIE.

Network is fast,

But dear, dear god. The account toolbox. It's like eyeball gonorhea. There seem to be at least 8 different toolboxes it links to, all with different styles, UI and design concepts.

Man it hurts, that and it talkes AGES to get what u want (i.e unbilled calls and data usage)

ARRR WHERES MY CREAM?