1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The BIG Apple iPhone 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Cardpuppet

Cardpuppet (Banned or Deleted)

eBay! You can gets packs of 10+ accessories for about $20 - $40 depending on who's selling and what's in them. Or you could get the holder on its own, but I couldn't tell you the individual costs.

I just signed up to Optus, $59/month = $550 of calls, unlimited national SMS/MMS, freecalls [incl. video calls] to any other Optus mobile, 2GB data plus other stuff if you want to look it up. Not sure about the Telstra thing.

Hope that helped =]

2. Wink

Wink Member

Install iTunes -> Add folder to library

Also, it will take a longer time, but you can also let iTunes manage your music folder structure - during the import, it will copy the songs to it's own folder within 'My Music' then put them in a folder structure like $artist\$album\$songname.mp3

3. !JonZap!

!JonZap! Member

does anyone know if there is a skype app that allows you to receive a video call?

4. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Not as yet, no video calls outside wifi unless you use an app called 'Fring' which is terrible quality and sketchy at best, or unless you have jailbroken phones. Hopefully they'll change that in an update soon though. I get $32 worth of video calls free every month which I am unable to utilise. :upset:

5. hak

hak Member

lol same here, i dont get why you would :upset: though, I had it for six years plus and it isn't practical when too many closed ones start to use it,

classic eg "where the h- are you!?!"

6. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

haha yeah, what was good for me was my brother interstate could video call and our kiddy's could check each other out. So until Apple get theire vid call in 3G sorted out it's no go which is a shame. To tell you the truth, i was very surprised that we couldn't (he's got an iphone 4 too but no wifi) as i automatically assumed video calling was a gimme with the front facing camera.

7. hak

hak Member

actually during the iphone 4 pre-release hype, I thought it was revolutionary that Apple will be doing 720p video calls via 3G, I guess my expectations were a little too high :D

but hey, the HTC Evo 4G did meet that requirement... oh snap, no wimax love in AU yet,

who to vote, who to vote....

8. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

One thing i have discovered is iBook goodness and the availability of .epub books online and uploading converted unwatched TV episodes of Top Gear, Entourage etc... the screen res just makes it worth the while.

9. Daveee

Daveee Member

So with itunes is it only possible to have as many mp3s in your collection as will fit on your ipod? or can you selectively decide which mp3s go on your ipod/phone?

Also what is the best way to compress dvds to fit on an iphone for watching?

10. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

No you can be selective and only 'sync' the content you want on the phone.

I've been using 'Total Video Converter', easy interface and works a treat.

11. Azrael

Azrael Member

Handbrake is another good option for conversion.

12. bcprowor

bcprowor Member

Took me 5 phone calls to telstra to port my number over over the first 2 days of having the phone

Its just so frustrating

Everything is fine now except my data usage and call usage using the bigpond app

Seem to be returning errors all the time and telstra dont even have a clue.. each CSR tells me a different thing each time!!!!

13. Foos

Foos Member

yeah my data usage doesn't work either

Probably time to abuse them on twitter again on monday - Seems when your complaints are public they actually do something.

14. Foos

Foos Member

15. mazmorbid

mazmorbid (Banned or Deleted)

why not use 3G Unrestrictor ? That enables you to use FaceTime over 3G.

16. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Does it require jailbreaking? Both aren't quite sure about doing that. And besides, i've update os to 4.02 already.

17. mazmorbid

Yeah you need to jailbreak, no need to update to 4.0.2 as all apple did with that was fix the PDF exploit.

18. Foos

Foos Member

yeah - no need, as long as u don't open up a random pdf loaded with a trojan that steals all your passwords and keylogs ya :D

19. mazmorbid

Well if you were on 4.0.1 jailbroken you would install the fix through cydia that blocked that hole wouldn't you ? :wired:

20. konkoman

konkoman Member

Is it just me or is the ear speaker retarded? It is so soft I can barely hear it. I only got my phone yesterday brand new.

I've read up and tried the headphone jack fix, but still can't hear shit. (there wasn't even any sound before)

Should I take it to get it fixed, or is this how it is? :mad: