1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The BIG Apple iPhone 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple iOS (OS & Devices)' started by DiGiTaL MoNkEY, Jun 8, 2010.

1. tzortst

tzortst Member

had a look at undercover, what a complete waste of time, the phone isn't tracked unless the application is opened, wtf is the point of that?

2. bugayev

bugayev Whammy!

Have you actually simulated it being stolen? When I did it used push notifications to get the current location of the phone and showed me on the map - that's part of the cool functionality.

3. Plastik8

Plastik8 Member

Until someone turns it off, or the battery goes flat, or they re-sync with their pc, or they reset the phone...

I had my 3G stolen with mobile me, but 1hour after it went missing it was not showing up on mobile me, and never ever did again...

Mobile me should be hard coded into the phone if it is to be useful.

4. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Had the 4 since release, wifey has the 3GS, looking at her screen is like going from a 51" CRT to a 42" 1080p LCD. I don't think will tire of looking at this screen anytime soon... Just thought I'd share.

5. mazmorbid

mazmorbid (Banned or Deleted)

Totally agree, I picked up my 3GS the other night to give it a charge and I couldn't believe the difference .. didn't notice it that much when I first got the iPhone 4 but now it's exactly as you say .. luckily I got one for my wife so I don't have to look at that ugly screen again .. :D

I don't care if I miss calls or lose 3G when I put it in my pocket, i still have this nice screen to look at .. :shock:

6. !JonZap!

!JonZap! Member

I picked up another iphone 4 today at JB, the iphone I purchased today has a slightly off white balance compared to the one I got on release day.

7. mazmorbid

mazmorbid (Banned or Deleted)

^^ You mean like a yellowness to it ? I picked up 3 iPhones 4's on launch day, only opened one that day and used it for 2 weeks, opened another last week and they were both totally different, screens were different colours, camera pictures were very yellow compared to the original iphone, and the flash was yellow compared to a nice white of the original, I have since opened the other one and the screen is different again, yellowness isn't as bad as the second one and the flash is a little more white .. I think it's something that gets better with more use though ..:confused:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  8. hak

hak Member

every phone in production should meet a consistent standard, should show this to a "genius" soon... every iphone 4 at the apple store seems to look the same (im sure they wouldn't want people to start seeing yellow screens :D)

9. Azrael

Azrael Member

Yay, my outright purchase has gone into shipping phase :)

10. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

Anyone know what the wait time from Virgin is on an iphone4?
    Spoke to a few people, but all they could tell me was Virgin should be first in line, followed by Optus (regarding the next shipment)... couldn't tell me when my phone would get here though!

11. Sarquiss

Sarquiss Member

Placed an order for the Iphone 4 32GB last week from optus and still waiting for an update. Optus are still unable to provide an ETA either.

Also, on the Optus site it nows lists the white iphone 4, wondering if I could get my one changed to the white one.

But I hope apple sort out this mess asap as I want my phone :(

EDIT - I wonder if I could walk in to an apple store and pickup an iphone instead of waiting for optus and still get the 2 months free access

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  12. hak

hak Member

relax matey,

your phone manufacturer was having a celebration last week,

[​IMG]

it will come down very soon don't you worry ;)

13. blak

blak Member

Apple store orders are finally getting delivered today :D

14. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Anyone got their free case/bumper from the bumper/case program yet?

15. Azrael

Azrael Member

Mine still says its stuck in Sydney :(

16. reags

reags Member

Hmm not sure if this is the place to fire this question but what the heck -

Been researching around headphones lately as I've never owned a decent pair before so was wondering if anyone could recommend any that's flexible for me to use with the iphone4 and pc @ office? I'm after something that's real comfy w/soft earpads, covers ears and has nice bass.

The ones I've looked at are Sennheiser HD555 & 595 but have absolutely no idea what's worth the bucks so any help would be great.

cheers

17. dingdong555

dingdong555 Member

Anyone know where I can get one in Perth (16gb) with Telstra? They arrive Wednesday but they're not taking pre orders and I won't be home till Thursday night!

18. ben699

ben699 Member

so what are peoples fav apps at moment?

19. holdennutta

holdennutta Member

FYI - I picked up an outright 32gb from the Chermside apple store today and it came with 4.0.2 preinstalled.

20. Deanodriver

Deanodriver Member

Any luck with getting one through Telstra, or are they all sold out too?

The 32GB iPhone 4 is kinda tempting :)