"The Bios in this system is not fully ACPI compliant" Windows install error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by Ospi, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Ospi

Ospi Member

Hi all,

Currently building a pc which is specific to a software that unfortunately requires either XP or Win 7 32bit to work correctly. Purchased new parts including an ASROCK A320M-HDV AM4 board.

I downloaded and burned an official ISO from Microsoft for WIn 7 32bit and when it first enters the boot and is loading the OS install I get the error in the title. I've read it's something to do with these new BIOS not supporting correctly but the strange thing is that Win 7 64bit installs fine (have an official install disk here for that as well).

I tried installing the 32bit from a USB stick with the USB install fix including within but same error. I also tried a different Win 7 32bit ISO to check it wasn't a bad file and that again had the same issue.

So I'm a little perplexed as to why the 64bit version installs fine but the 32 is not. Can't find any settings in this bios for Win 7 compatability either which others with this issue have found to be a solution.

Any ideas?

2. C-BuZz

C-BuZz Member

You using the latest bios for ASROCK A320M-HDV AM4ASROCK A320M-HDV AM4 ?

Looks like 4.80 is the latest.

3. OP
    OP
    Ospi

Ospi Member

Yep I updated the bios to the latest version in the hope they had rectified the issue but no avail.

I also tried Vista 32bit which I had lying around and that threw up the same error.

Contacted the company responsible for the software that requires this OS and their reason is that there must be NetBEUI support which they say Win 10 doesn't support? I read it wasn't supported after Vista though and they assure me Win 7 works fine, so little confused there as well. I think I'll install Win 10 32bit and try anyway if there's no solution to getting Win 7 installed.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  4. Esposch

Esposch Member

A workaround could be installing the software you need in a VM?

5. power

power Member

use a VM or buy some old HW.

we've run a vm for some shitty cnc machine for years, it just works and follows whatever pc it lives on fine.

BurningFeetMan likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Ospi

Ospi Member

Yeah was thinking VM might be my only option. Does it run as quickly as a native OS? Recommend running it on a Win 10 install?

7. power

power Member

if it's a CNC afaik (I don't use it) it's just fine.

Ours is so crap that it uses an XP VM and has done so for years. Guess they must be happy with it, meh not by problem eh.

well worth just spinning up a VM with your sw in it and taking it for a spin. Good thing is you can harden the host OS and deny the VM things like internet, etc. much easier to manage - and if the machine falls over you're back up in no time.

8. OP
    OP
    Ospi

Ospi Member

Cool that sounds pretty handy actually, cheers!

9. power

power Member

10. Esposch

Esposch Member

VMs don't run quite as quickly as native, but they're usually quite close to native - don't have exact numbers, but performance is good enough that I never reboot to native Windows unless I'm gaming.

11. OP
    OP
    Ospi

Ospi Member

Got it all set up and running today, yet to install the dyno software requiring NetBEUI yet to test if it works but as far as the VM goes it's more than good enough. Speed wise my main concern was things like mouse move and clicking lag but it seems non existent. The other unforeseen advantage is I can run the VM on one monitor and the host OS on another and can run all software required now on a single PC, switching between the two OS's seamlessly instead of needing to use two PC's, so I think this has actually been the better way to go about it all in the first place.