1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The Consolidated B&EC "Quick Question" Thread.

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by looktall, Jun 6, 2015.

1. NSanity

NSanity Member

You can.

Chances are it can't leave the state though.

2. jajjj

jajjj Member

So your saying state legislation may be a problem? I shall have to give them a call.

Researching Federal information seems to indicate you just need to know where the data is kept and how it is secured. I know the data is kept in a secure data center overseas (UK) and I know the technologies securing the information meet CIA standards, I should be able to provide enough evidence to meet the concerns.

Can't be any worse that Microsofts Docs..

3. NSanity

NSanity Member

yeah we've looked at cloud hosting a few medical types - and it gets killed because we can't guarantee it won't leave NSW (and get sent to Melbourne) on Azure/AWS.

YMMV but this is the feedback we've had.

Both Azure/AWS are HIPAA certified (when built correctly) - and whilst we don't really have a specific guiding spec (really its just the RACGP guidelines) in Australia, the language is in line with HIPAA.

4. jajjj

jajjj Member

Thanks Nsanity.. This information is golden.

5. Gunna

Gunna Member

We sell medical devices and have a CRM located in the U.S our legal department has never raised issue with it as we are not storing any patient information or data. Are you storing patient information or just information related to products and what a DR is using?

6. jajjj

jajjj Member

Short Answer:

It not patient data at all, its just those who have signed up for a membership that allows additional discounts and services..

Much like an RACQ or Dan Murphy's membership on the side of our core business of providing home care services (NDIS sector).

Long Answer for those who care:

I want to use workbook CRM which has a secure DC in the UK.

Not sure if any of you guys use a program called Carelink, All data (no matter the purpose) has been stored in carelink, the idea is to extract the membership data only. Carelink is a silo'ed product with very limited integration.

I want to extract the relevant core data and move it into workbooks to allow for integration across multiple multiple marketing platforms we have (invites and surveys, events and booking, event attendance management and feedback) . The idea is to reduce the logins from 5 concurrent systems to 1 and have all the reporting extracted from workbooks.

That's the idea anyway..

Wish me luck.

7. sic_vl2000

sic_vl2000 Member

Throwing it out there, anyone having issues with Outlook, last few days had people with outlook prompting for credentials and it doesn't accept the correct credentials.

Computers are running W7 & W10, Office 2016, gone through done a new profile and also cleared the credential manager as well but it still persists. Other applications like SFB don't have an issue with the same credentials.

Mailboxes are Office 365 mailboxes as well.

8. Dre_

Dre_ Member

Can't go to Melbourne if they don't have a DC there.
    Azure data goes where you tell it to go.

9. Myst

Myst Member

Cheap cloud hosted VPS with web accessible console?

Wanting to remote into my home network from work, need something available over 80/8080 that I can then launch Hamachi to get into my home network.

The standard google / aws make you download an RDP file on a custom port not accessible from work.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  10. bcann

bcann Member

has adobe now with the latest update of reader 2017.017.20095 done something stupid with embedded email addresses in PDF's where you now seem to have to click 4-5 times for an email to open with that address embedded in it? if so where can i disable this retarded function and why has it now suddenly changed?

11. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Ask your work to allow access to your home PC...

Depending on your workplace policies, bypassing network security may lead to bad outcomes for you.

12. TehCamel

TehCamel Member

presales advice. prospect has private ruling tax-income exempt from the ATO and has previously been sold NFp/Charity licencing so they should be eligible for relevant pricing.

They want 2 options:

1) Server 2016 with Exchange onsite OR
    2) Server 2016 (or Essentials) onsite with Office 365

Approx 20 users/40 mailboxes. No redirected profiles at present, around 1.5TB total on the SBS2008 server, which includes existing mailboxes.

In both cases, migrate into the existing domain rather than build a new one (25+ computers. It's a far more efficient use of time. The domain itself is quite well maintained, clean, organised, structured.)

Option 1)
    DL120, E5, 16GB, H240, 2x146GB SAS, 4x450GB SAS 10K, ilo, Server 2016 Standard & CALs ; Exchange & CALS
    Base OS on R1 array; disks configured in a single R5 volume. Two guests, one for AD and one for Exchange. Assign 12GB to Exchange and 4GB to AD.

option 2)
    DL20, E3, 8GB, H240, 2x2TB SAS, Server 2016&CALS
    HyperV Base OS, R1 array, single guest OS.

thoughts? Oh. And some of those 10Gbe Token ring cards so I can connect it direct to Azure

13. Dre_

Dre_ Member

Office 365, hands down. Running Exchange for 20 users in 2017 is absolutely insane.

14. TehCamel

TehCamel Member

well, yea, I know. I'll lead them that way

apparently it's not available for nfp via normal channels though, I have to go through connectingup

15. Dre_

Dre_ Member

Yeah, gotta register with TechSoup

https://nonprofit.microsoft.com/#/register

Business Essentials and E1 is free
    Business Premium is less than $3 a month
    E3 is like $7 and E5 $15

Skykick does a discount for NFP too.

16. JumpingJack

JumpingJack Member

Playing around with 2016 server and exchange server

Anyone got some task I could try todo and learn

17. pantner

pantner Member

Is anyone aware of a wireless bridge that can connected to a wireless network using 802.1x authentication instead of a WEP/WPA key?

We have a heritage listed building at work that is very difficult/expensive to cable.

There are 2 'events' a year where we want networking in a specific place.

I was hoping that we could find a network bridge to connect to the existing wireless, which would then connect to a number of other devices using a normal switch.

So far, none of the bridges I find can connect using 802.1X.
    Not surprising really, was just hoping we didn't need to set up a specific WPA2 network just for this.

Any ideas?

18. DavidRa

DavidRa Member

Some ideas, maybe you have done some or all previously:

• Multiple "Accepted Domains"
    • Mailboxes, groups and contacts
    • ADFS integration
    • Hybrid deployment with mailboxes on prem and cloud, archives in cloud with onprem mailbox etc
    • Split GALs
    • Resource (meeting rooms etc) auto-scheduling and management
    • OWA
    • ActiveSync
    • Autodiscover
    • Building a DAG
    • Building a CAS array
    • Load balancing and failover
    • Distinct namespaces (e.g. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2015/10/06/namespace-planning-in-exchange-2016/)
    • Office Server integration.

19. Dre_

Dre_ Member

Ubiquiti mesh network?

Migrate the mailboxes to O365.

20. JumpingJack

JumpingJack Member

The interface is quite plug-in-play and simple.

[​IMG]

Look at me I am "exchange admin"

Is there any free trial period of o365?

I tried pushing for hybrid rollout at one my mining roles. Because we needed on-premise exchange server for 200 people using a 10mbit fibre link
    9am rush would kill the link.
    They ended up putting a 100k Cisco Wan optimiser in with Telstra/BT. Dispute we suggesting "Just get an 100mbit link or do on-premise"

I am not sure how I can complete this in a lab environment. It also cost money to use the cloud service?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017