1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

The Consolidated B&EC "Quick Question" Thread.

Discussion in 'Business & Enterprise Computing' started by looktall, Jun 6, 2015.

1. TehCamel

TehCamel Member

LMFGTFY

FFS.

2. JumpingJack

JumpingJack Member

Seriously. Office 365 Enterprise E3 Trial is what your talking about?

3. TehCamel

TehCamel Member

O365, user is stuck in a weird loop.
    Outlook never authenticates and completes setup
    OWA goes into a loop ; it lets me login and accepts creds, then throws me straight back out.
    If I logon via outlook.office365.com - details as above
    if I logon to portal.office.com using same creds, it's fine. Until I clikc the "mail" button at which time it logs me out

I've reset the password and tried changing signins/upns etc as well, no change
    occurs across multiple browsers, multiple network locations with no cached credentials or cookies or anything

any ideas.. ?

*edit*
    nvm - oddity of oddities. It works in IE InPrivate, but not in anything else

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  4. HobartTas

HobartTas Member

I recently bought a cheap used LTO-6 drive however it is a fibre channel one (and this technology is new to me) and so I had to also buy a QLE2462 for $25 and a LC-LC fibre for $10 and it works flawlessly in my Win 7 machine however, I will move it to my ZFS server later on once I decide what backup software to use like Amanda or Bacula.

My question is this, I have recently seen some used high end FC 15K hard drives for sale on Ebay but they use the 40 pin SCA-2 connector and I was wondering are there like any relatively inexpensive backplanes available I could use to connect them? Also would each drive need its own fibre cable as I would prefer to run say 8? drives on the backplane just off one fibre cable if possible, if they need individual fibre cables I probably won't bother with them at all. The only other thing I have seen are SATA interposer boards that have the SCA-2 connector on the other side of them but I'm not greatly interested in those either as I might as well just buy high end SAS drives instead for much less hassle.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

5. Dre_

Dre_ Member

Happens when you change passwords, mobile apps authenticate fine, so does Outlook but not OWA.

6. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Myob Retailmanager 11.
    Kill me now.

Network Receipt printer via print server. \\server\receipt printer

No serial ports on the machine (It's a VM).

When I go into Hardware -> Docket Printer, it complains that there are no serial ports.

Ideas on how I can get receipts to come out of this printer?

7. freaky_beeky

freaky_beeky Member

What if you just install a virtual serial port (that doesn't do anything, just to pass the check?)

8. bcann

bcann Member

Just cheat and use net use

NET USE COM1: \\pc_name\printer_share_name /persistent:yes

oh and throw in a virtual serial port.

9. cvidler

cvidler Member

I wouldn't bother with the FC HDD's unless you have requirements for dual redundant controllers, shared/clustered storage or the like.

Unless you have those requirements your money would be better spent on some similarly priced SSDs.

Having said that, you can get backplanes for them, usually they'll be a rack mount shelf of ~10 bays, with a FC controller or two in the back, redundant power etc.

10. KDog

KDog Member

Anyone here good with ASA and Dell switches who I can call to bounce a few issues from?
    I'm stuck on what should be a simple VLAN config issue and should be working.

11. NSanity

NSanity Member

Webinar (upto 450 viewers) and Meeting software/SaaS that is cross platform (Windows/OSX/Android/iPhone/iPad) and a piece of piss for end users.

Pref the ability to have;

* Moderator for Webinar's to filter chat questions to the presenter
    * Meeting/Webinar record (with the ability to re-publish the webinar internally - likely require that you have to pull the webinar down as video content and self-host, as its a "members only" kind of thing)

I have no idea in this space, but have used Zoom recently and that was pretty seamless.

12. jajjj

jajjj Member

Has anyone done the EDX courses on Python and Machine learning?

Looking at something to learn over the next 3 months that will help me automate workflows since i am a Wintel guy with a lack of scripting experience.

13. sic_vl2000

sic_vl2000 Member

SFB had a conversation with a person, checked my conversation history in Outlook and it only shows an earlier discussion with them in the day. Other conversations I had with others at the same time appear fine within my Outlook, anyone come across this before I assume it would sync the conversation history straight away.

14. person

person Member

Printer recommendation

I thought I had seen the last of printers when I finally convinced management to switch to Xerox managed print services....

But now the CEO has ordered me to find him a printer for his home office for <$1000, arghhh... he already has a Brother inkjet but it drops off WiFi all the time and is very slow.

Anyone have a recommendation on a <$1000 color MFP printer which is
    1. Colour Laser or Inkjet
    2. Reliable, including for printing from macs
    3. has a MFP scanner for basic scan to email (will be hardly used)
    4. Running costs is less important, reliability and speed is more important

I'm thinking something like a Kyocera ECOSYS M5521cdw ?

15. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Put him on your managed print contract.

16. OP
    OP
    looktall

looktall Working Class Doughnut

[​IMG]

17. millsy

millsy Member

So does MS not recommend to use DA with Skype4Bus because people are bad at configuring VPN capacity, or because DA is more shit than other VPN solutions with Skype4Bus? Because I'm hella triggered by that.

18. Soarer GT

Soarer GT Member

Get a HP Officejet. It "just works" seamlessly with Mac/iOS/Linux/Android/Windows. Pick a model with the paper size/tray you want and go. I run an older 8600 at home and a 6960 at my desk at work.

Get other brands if you want to be called up to help fix weird printer/driver issues on the weekend. Ever tried to configure a brother printer on Linux or android? yeah... dont bother....

19. KDog

KDog Member

My HP426fdn have been quite reliable for a cheapies... um touch wood.

Group Policy pushing applications from a DFS share (required as machines are a several sites).

I can't seem to get machines to install apps from the DFS share.

machine getting GP app from \\servername\share\application.msi works
    machine getting GP app from \\dfsnamespace\share\application.msi doesn't work.

I'm assuming it is a permissions issue for machines/namespace as the app installs fine if I push from the server name. GPresults gives an access error so it confirms my suspicion.
    Will keep checking the permissions but if anyone has any ideas or there is something different GP needs to access a DFS share?

20. NSanity

NSanity Member

DA is dying/dead because "The World" fucking sucks at IPv6 adoption apparentlyh.

The current DA implementation in 2016 is unchanged from 2012 R2, and the reasoning is that it will be replaced with "Always-On VPN" in Windows 10 coming to a feature update near you soon.