The Dell XPS 15 (9550) - Everything you ever wanted?

Discussion in 'Portable & Small Form Factor' started by mcfee03, Oct 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MikeCheck

MikeCheck Member

It's a bit of a stretch to say that because they make shitty mice, they could make shitty laptops.

Microsoft make some of the single shittest keyboard and mouse combos but also make the Surface line.

All reports from Razer's laptops are that they are solid machines on par with MacBooks. I don't think I'd have any hesitation in buying one.

They can't be worse than my MSI anyway!

M

2. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Wooooo hold on there...

Microsoft NOW make some of the shittest keyboard and mice combinations...

They used to make amazing mice and keyboards. The last couple of years are retarded.

A full keyboard that has a SWITCH 2nd function key just to use the print screen...

Imaging that...

Flick Switch, Press Print Screen, Flick Switch, Paste...

----------------------------

Razer laptop's are awesome, but the battery life is crap. A friend of mine works at Razer and gets free laptops every year but even she complains about battery life.

Their mice and keyboards are great tho. I have a super clicky keyboard at work to annoy everyone with.

-----------------------------

Where are the damn reviews on the 9560! I want to know what the battery is like with 97wh battery, and if the ram/ssd is upgradable like the 9550.

3. Ohmigosh

Ohmigosh Member

:lol: :thumbup:

I have an ageing MS KB and will need a new one at work soon. Thanks for giving me an idea about what to get... :cool:

4. Mikos

Mikos Member

Got my XPS today :D Bit heavier than I had hoped, but still a pretty slick package. Now the quest to install everything begins...

5. MikeCheck

MikeCheck Member

That's what I thought when I went and played with some in JB - heavier than I expected!

Cheers

M

6. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Bit the bullet and got the high end 9560 with the 20% off sale going on with Ebay. Went from 3700 to 2960 including shipping which is not too bad at all. Should be delivered in a couple of weeks!!

7. Phat Devil

Phat Devil Member

8. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Mine arrived today! Its really nice, a bit heavier than I expected. Its my first 4k screen and there is alot of real estate colours definitely seem a lot more vibrant than my main desktop PC but im no expert on the whole Adobe RGB colour spectrum stuff. Although it didnt mention at the time of sale mine has the fingerprint reader as well, not sure if its a gimmick or not at this stage but its pretty quick and works well, has been handy while setting some things up.

Only small gripe so far is that I wish the keyboard was a bit wider as they definitely have the room but again only a small problem until I get use to it.

Keen to see what the battery life is like on this after a few cycles as well!

9. MikeCheck

MikeCheck Member

Let us know how you go!

I'm trying to think of ways to get work to roll these out but unfortunately they're still stuck in the world of thinking they need Quadro cards for everything so won't look at anything other than the massive massive workstation things.

A USB-C dock would be worlds better than the proprietary one the older workstations use too.

Sigh.

We'll see...

M