The Eva2000 made me do it :)

Discussion in 'Intel x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Jazz, Aug 7, 2006.

1. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Have sent you a PM...

2. slobber

slobber Member

Good luck with the torturing :leet:

3. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Hmmm..had my first re-boot today...was playing BF2 for about 1 1/2 hours and down she went...Just re-booted itself....too bad I had a terrific score up too!!

4. thompsonrj

thompsonrj Member

Jazz, Good man on the DQ6! I figured you would go with that one.

Did you have to flash it with a F3? bios to get the 7950 working, or did F2 do the trick?

Mine should arrive next week, so I'll be posting some benchies in the 7950 thread anthony started...the one that we trashed last week. or was that the main 7950, can't quite remember :cool:

Robert

5. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

He hasn't got it yet!

6. OP
    OP
    Jazz

Jazz Member

Yeah anthony is right, not here yet, was meant to arrive today but stupid distributor "forgot" to process my order as it was on my creditcard and not the company account.

I've read that it will work with F2 bios, just not with 2 cores, will flash it to F3e asap and then start fresh install and oc :D

7. thompsonrj

thompsonrj Member

Lol, i'm struggling to read these posts properly at work.

The laptop monitor is fading out slowly, and my lcd screen is a piece of crud, and is blury even at native res.

The above statement was my lame attempt at covering up the fact that i'm staying up too late at night reading reviews and junk about my already purchased pc (gawd thats sad isn't it!), and i'm going to work tired.

Anthony, hows BF2 with the 7950? Look better than ever before? or is it just more 'playable' at higher res/settings due to higher fps? Heh, or all the above?

Jazz, I just got a call today saying scorptech only got 5 cpu's in (E6600's), and I missed out. I'm 7th in line for the next lot, I really hope they get more than 5 next time. I asked them to ship the pc separate so i can have it ready for when the cpu turns up.

Let me know how your experiance goes on the DQ6, it'll be interesting to see the setup from your point of view; ie. a non chainbolt/eva2000 type person.

No insult intended (to either yourself or cb/eva2k), it's just hard to get a true idea on how these boards are to the average person, as opposed to the awesome tweakers out there who manage to sap every last ounce of goodness from the boards without blowing the c*#!p outta them...like I probably will! :rolleyes:

Robert

8. OP
    OP
    Jazz

Jazz Member

Average? AVERAGE....bloody hell, I aspire to be average!

No worries I'll let ya know how it all goes, I'm off to order a Arctice Freezer 7 Pro for the cooling, I am really not looking forward to the temps, even if they are safe, they will be higher than I am used to with AMD. I hope I hit 3ghz, and maybe even 3.5Ghz if I'm real lucky, cheap ram will probably let me down tho.

9. slobber

slobber Member

Only getting 5 x E6600 in stock is really sad, I wonder how the other resellers went :confused:

10. xdaman

xdaman Member

Where? I've heard it would be end of the month for most of the conroes / am2 chips and their boards

11. thompsonrj

thompsonrj Member

Jazz,

shouldn't the E6600 run prity cool?

It's running lower voltages, has the speed step stuff so if it does get too hot it just steps the core down, and <insert other cutting edge technology here that makes me look real smart>... see my arguement?

My CPU (pentium 4 3gb) runs at around 50-70 constantly at the moment. But thats due to lack of air-conditioning in the room (well, lack of me turning it on!) and only the standard cooler on the thing. I expect the conroe to be much nicer to me than that.

Robert

12. OP
    OP
    Jazz

Jazz Member

You think you've gotta whinge about your availability Robert?

My supplier got C2D IN STOCK TODAY.
    Well actually 2 x E6400 and 5 x E6300, all OEM without boxes or coolers, seems they got them direct from the States. In another kick in the guts they are expecting official intel supplies on the 19th, at $73+ less :( for the E6400.

So I did what any level-minded person would do in this situation, and added a frikkin cooler to my order.

Not that I wasn't going to, but having to pay $73+ more and buy the fan was a pain. Will start firing it all up tomorrow arvo and let you know how it goes.

13. OP
    OP
    Jazz

Jazz Member

Alright then we are up and running, time to do some oc and see what happens.

14. gotheb1ues

gotheb1ues (Banned or Deleted)

Good luck and have fun.

15. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

And change your sig as soon as you can........lol

16. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Hmmm seems since installing my E6600 I have lost about 10 - 15 fps in the first test of 3D Mark06 and quite a performance loss in BF2 as well...WTF.. I was expecting a performance rise!!!!

17. eva2000

eva2000 DDR1/DDR2/DDR3 Addict

is that E6400 at 8x333fsb = 2666mhz vs E6600 @9x266fsb = 2400mhz ?

18. OP
    OP
    Jazz

Jazz Member

You could always flog it off to me cheap :) As Eva asked, what was your difference in clock and memory speeds?

I dropped my E6400 back to stock over the weekend from 3G as I was playing with temps, and to tell you the truth, can't notice any difference in BF2 at all.

19. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

All these numbers make my head spin..

what I did with the 6600 is this..

RAM at 533 (5-5-5-15) 2.2 volts

Host Burn in Positive 30%

MCH and FSB volt overides to one below maximum setting.

Maybe the ram timings are losing me the fps?

20. Wet Sandwich

Wet Sandwich Member

Slower than what? Did you have an opteron before?

And do you mean the ram is running at DDR533 or DDR1066?