The Great Big NBN Sticky Thread

Discussion in 'Networking, Telephony & Internet' started by Akh-Horus, Dec 21, 2016.

1. antenna

antenna Member

I had FTTN connected with Internode on Wednesday.

Getting sync of 95.43 Mbps/33.66 Mbps and speed tests of around 88/32. Had been on 3Mbps ADSL for the last 5 years so I'm pretty happy with it. :thumbup:

2. petercr

petercr Member

How close do you reckon you are to the node? (Currently with 'Node and hopefully being able to convert in a couple of months)

3. antenna

antenna Member

About 200m or so.

4. Renza

Renza Member

Except their CVCs are congested so much that your 100mbps connection will be worse than ADSL in the evening.

5. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

Zzzzz. Who then ?

6. hvalac

hvalac Member

For those of you in WA, how are you able to check the distance to your node?

I've tried the links provided but they only seem to be good for anyone but WA.

7. Aaron_85

Aaron_85 Member

I know people with myrepublic in Hobart, Launceston, Melbourne, Cairns and then myself in Townsville.
    All have better peak speeds than Telstra and Optus on the same POIs. (Congestion wise) They are a lot less shit than what you would expect for 60 bucks a month.
    Mate on a $100 a month Iinet plan is better though: and so it should be.

8. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

How close is my NBN? According to them, this month.. :lol: It will be HFC, probably with Optus since we are already with them and locked in for another year it seems..

It can't come soon enough. I hope it does better than this...

[​IMG]

Lolz @ my taskbar.. Chrome, GeForce Experience, Photofiltre, XTU, Coretemp, CPU-Z, Aida64, Memtest, Realbench, SuperPi, Sketchup.. I need a life :(

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  9. money_killer

money_killer Member

Says 06-12 2020 for wireless nbn for dammit....

10. banshee

banshee Member

Springwood, West of Hell (Sydney, actually)
    According to the new connection check page, I'll get FTTN sometime between January & June 2019... :rolleyes: Or at least, that is what they say is currently "planned"...
    Typical. Work west from Sydney & stop short, then start up in the mountains & work down, but stop short. Left in the middle with ADSL2+ that only works, sort of reliably, when set to ADSL profile...
    Foxtel & Optus cable did exactly the same. Want pay TV? Get a satellite connection.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  11. petercr

petercr Member

Just checked the updated NBN website which says May '17 for my street and the Telstra Wholesale spreadsheet which has an RFS date of mid May for our node identifier.

12. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

This is ridiculous. The checker 3 weeks ago said Jul 17 and now it's showing Nov 18 for my address.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  13. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Trusting a planned rollout date for a project that has been endlessly delayed? I wouldnt put any stock in it tbh. I just moved to where they already had NBN instead.

14. kally

kally Member

Mine is 2 years away, 1H 2019, but at least it will be FTTC/K. Which should be a nice improvement as I'm currently 4.3km to the exchange :upset:

15. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

Moving not an option. Surely if the node pits are being dug it won't take a further 18 months to complete.

16. r8response

r8response Member

I wouldn't worry too much... Gooooo FTTN

[​IMG]

17. Aaron_85

Aaron_85 Member

I think you'll find that speed has nothing to do with what technology you are connected with.

18. stevenx

stevenx Member

The updated address checker reckons I'll get FTTC sometime between July and December, 2018.

By December 2018 I'll have had a much faster connection than current NBN offerings for four and a half years:

[​IMG]

My Uniti Wireless connection will do that all day, every day, no congestion, no slowdowns due to weather. It does cost significantly more than an NBN connection would, but I don't expect that to remain constant over the next 21 months. Aside from the monumental fuck-up that it is, and the amount of waste and corruption and ineptitude we're all paying for, the NBN is a non-issue to me. Maybe one day, when it's cost us billions more to fix and it can deliver something revolutionary rather than evolutionary...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  19. banshee

banshee Member

Springwood, West of Hell (Sydney, actually)
    Internet is good today!

[​IMG]

20. CQGLHyperion

CQGLHyperion Member