The Green Monster with a red heart (CM Stacker 830 build)

Discussion in 'PC Build Logs' started by sanjay, Feb 27, 2020.

1. sanjay

sanjay Member

Just so proud of myself for setting this up that I had to post it somewhere:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a black CM Stacker 830 that I was recently given by a generous Ocower...seriously loved these cases back in the day but could never afford one. Full brushed aluminium construction, despite being huge it's quite light!

The sliding motherboard tray is another blast from the past that certainly makes building in it quite easy (especially since it has surprisingly little access space from the left side panel otherwise).

It came with 2 CM 4-in-3 drive cages so I got a third one from another generous Ocower - 3 sickleflow green fans in the front with a set of silverstone's underrated FF121 fan grills, and a (colour matching) CM green fan in the back courtesy of sonicthemouse ...

other specs:

- Gigabyte Z77-UD3H (I think) that I brought back from the dead by dousing it with brake cleaner
    - i7 3770 with a Hyper TX3 on it, "overclocked" to 4.1ghz max turbo (max locked OC these will do, without fiddling with BCLK which is mostly a fool's errand on sandy/ivy bridge in my experience)
    - 4gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 RAM (still waiting on another 4gb kit to come from eBay...been more than a week now and I suspect I won't see it, will give it another few days then do a dispute)
    - 240gb OCZ Vertex 4 SSD
    - R9 290X with a beastly accelero cooler (seriously, it only just fits lengthways in this case) bought from Phalanx
    - 620w Seasonic PSU bought yonks ago from LaMMi

It's got space for another 11 hard drives in it too...

Only problem is, I have no idea what to do with it now!

Elmf, Phalanx and sonicthemouse like this.
  2. LaMMi

LaMMi Member

wowwww lol nice build hahaa.

3. Elmf

Elmf Member

Pics or it didn't happen.

I also had one of these when I was younger, absolute BEAST in brushed Alu.

I distinctly have a childhood memory of my mother getting INSIDE the box of the case and closing it, that's how big it was

4. Butcher9_9

Butcher9_9 Member

Yeah , it is a nice case. I would have bought one ages ago but it was a downgrade in bay count over the 820 / T01 . Way better looking that the older cases and has aged much better, ttill a good looking case these days.

I have a 820 in pieces at the moment. have added loads of cable management points and whole ect. Will either stray it or maybe get it powder coated which will temporarily replace my T01 which I DIY a case from scratch.