The Imperator - BlueSmurf Strikes Back (Website Updated 23/08/09)

Discussion in 'Modding Worklogs' started by BlueSmurf, Mar 29, 2003.

1. sabretooth

sabretooth Overdue for a new title

Jeez, take a chill pill. He meant it in jest.

2. apsilon

apsilon Member

Everything's for sale for the right price...

3. OCMunkee

OCMunkee Member

Even poop!

Back on topic... Bluesmurf COME BACK! We demand updates (AND PICS :D)
    --Nathan

4. Dark_Greg

Dark_Greg Member

Demanding wont get you anywhere..give the guy a break...the project has probably cost him a years pay so far, he's just gotten married etc etc etc...

I'm sure he will finish it...all in good time...

Smurf: looked into getting a licence to sell this thing in kit form? pretty sure such things are available for props and toys etc.... Once the external detail is finished, you could get it resin cast and have it attach to the aluminium skeleton that gives it the shape...just a thought :) (i'm sure you could sell such cases for several hundred bucks and still sell stacks of them)

5. OCMunkee

OCMunkee Member

That was all in jest, don't worry. I just can't wait to see it. (I must have missed/forgotten that he's gotten married too, so many months since I read this thread)

You might be onto something there :thumbup:
    I'd buy one.
    --Nathan

::EDIT:: Fixed quote tags

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
  6. Oosh

Oosh Member

LOL, George Lucas's butt is tighter than a snare drum when it comes to SW, he has (or more accurately his lawyers have) killed non-profit projects (remember Park Wars?).

Plus sif they couldn't mass produce one themselves, however I'm sure (without a trace of sarcasm here), they wouldn't be of BlueSmurf's quality.

7. s4mmy

s4mmy Member

You really are expecting this mofo to fly arent you :tongue: you better put a half decent putter in there, not some shitty old p2 or p3 we wanna see power! :thumbup:

AWESOME!

8. OP
    OP
    BlueSmurf

BlueSmurf Dream it. Build it.

Hey Guys..

Thanks for your continued interest in this little project. As some of you have pointed out I am getting married on the 22nd of this month.

For those of you who have gone before me, I'm sure you understand the financial and time investment this little exercise takes. :wired:

But I want you all to know that this is still a project in process. I have done some work with running fibre optics. There's pretty much only the upper decks and bridge to complete.

Yeah.. only. :)

I will be back into the shed once the dust settles and the bank balance improves, in early December.

Cheers all,

BlueSmurf.

9. sabretooth

sabretooth Overdue for a new title

Congrats! Or condolences. :)

And condolences to your wallet! I've seen some wedding cost tallies, and they're downright scary. Good luck with it all!

10. 5days

5days Member

You better have a gigatic event when it gets revealed. ATi + intel + Sponsorship Event = $$$ ;)

11. Dark_Greg

Dark_Greg Member

yet he utterly and actively condones the fan film community, and many thousands of unofficial movie props and memorabilia... one only needs to check out the stuff on theforce.net, especially their fanforce section for evidence of this..
    Plus i did say *licence*...there would be royalties due and what not...(simillar to the video game titles created by many design houses that are set in the starwars universe)...

as for them making their own...somehow i dont think lucasarts are going to diversify into the enthusiest computer market...

was just thinking outloud *shrug*

12. browca04

browca04 (Banned or Deleted)

Yeah BlueSmurf. You gotta have a massive unveiling once its done. with a projector and a big slideshow with commentary of every single photo of construction. and a dedication to Platinum. He was the best part. i loved those obligatory cat photos.

and then we get to watch you fire it up, and laugh quietly when you realise something isn't working and you have to crack it open for a bit and fiddle. and we'll all go "ooooohhhhh" as dry ice gushes out.

It'll be great!

13. Rik

Rik AWOL

When you die, your ashes should be placed in this model and launched in to space. I'm amazed at the progress, it's been a year since I last saw it this thread, and whilst it's only going slowly, it's still mindblowingly amazing to observe.

14. ChEEkY ChiNo

ChEEkY ChiNo Member

EDIT - Just read your getting married..... Get that job done first, hehe!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2005
  15. OP
    OP
    BlueSmurf

Yes.. a small website update.

I am sooo sick of fibreoptics. :) I have broken almost $100 worth of 0.5mm drill bits doing the bridge.

Anyway, for those that have long since forgotten the URL, try this:

http://www.overclockers.com.au/~bluesmurf/

Cheers,

BlueSmurf.

16. s3tTz

s3tTz Member

IT'S ALIVE!!!! ;) Still can't wait to see this thing light up!

17. Hairy_Harold

Hairy_Harold Member

Oh well if your getting married/are married at least we know you have to patients to make things work :tongue: . Nice job though, I would of gone insane with all that fibre optics. Any real outlook on when you think she will be finished?

18. Dutch Wink

Dutch Wink Member

i cant believe this project is 3 years old :eek:

finished product will be awesome tho. the case mod to end all case mods.

19. Dellwood

Dellwood Member

An appetizer here for the movie that was on this evening, Return of the Jedi!

I wonder if tungsten drill bits would've proved better value over the masses of broken bits... or for that matter, if they make tungsten drill bits that small.

20. OP
    OP
    BlueSmurf

I went looking for some drillbits made of unobtanium, and you're right, they don't make them that small.

I did eventually find somewhere that could make cobalt bits to order (down to the nearest 0.02mm) for about $48 each.

So I went with some more HSS bits, which I eventually managed to find on special for $2 a piece. The downside to broken bits though is the partially drilled holes with bits stuck in them. They need to be cleaned up after the fact.

BlueSmurf.